What's new

Let's agree on what GL needs in the patch

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
He doesn't need anything. If he gets a buff he will be auto top 5 considering the top 5 will be getting nerfed presumably
so because you assume the top 5 will get nerfed dramatically (even tho the top 8 are broken) you think any buffs to Gl wouild make him top 5???? not accurate

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
all of you who say he doesnt need any buffs or buffs will make him too good never offer any kind of proof or argument lol

about thinking GL loses those matchups or that youre not better than me?
We offer arguments, you just never listen. I'll go over them again though:

1. His wakeup is fine. It can be jumped and stuffed but so can many characters wakeups. It's a pretty average wakeup and he doesn't need any more than that. Learn to use tech rolls, delayed wakeup, etc.

2. His damage is fine. Again, his damage is pretty standard compared to most of the cast.

3. I'll concede this is at least reasonable, although I feel that it isn;t supposed to be his go to anti-air anyway.

4. He has practical plus frames off of b23 and 2231. Plus one is still plus. Just because you don't get guaranteed pressure doesn't make plus frames useless.

5. His walkspeed is one of the best in the game, his dash doesn't need to be good. He has plenty of counterzoning options with his lanterns and MB beam. He can get in on plenty of zoners the old fashioned way too.

Reasons why he's good and doesn't need buffs:
- Some of the best footsies in the game
- Solid zoning and counterzoning
- Solid oki options

He's very solid and versatile at most parts of the screen. He has tools to win, he just isn't as braindead as some of the top tiers. If top tiers get nerfed he will be in a great spot.

Rebelo

Noob
all of you who say he doesnt need any buffs or buffs will make him too good never offer any kind of proof or argument lol

about thinking GL loses those matchups or that youre not better than me?
And some of those matches you think he loses lol

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Any combs started of Raw Empowered Lantern's Might should do Black Adam dmg.

Fixed your whiff issue....your welcome.

Fred Marvel

We offer arguments, you just never listen. I'll go over them again though:

1. His wakeup is fine. It can be jumped and stuffed but so can many characters wakeups. It's a pretty average wakeup and he doesn't need any more than that. Learn to use tech rolls, delayed wakeup, etc.

2. His damage is fine. Again, his damage is pretty standard compared to most of the cast.

3. I'll concede this is at least reasonable, although I feel that it isn;t supposed to be his go to anti-air anyway.

4. He has practical plus frames off of b23 and 2231. Plus one is still plus. Just because you don't get guaranteed pressure doesn't make plus frames useless.

5. His walkspeed is one of the best in the game, his dash doesn't need to be good. He has plenty of counterzoning options with his lanterns and MB beam. He can get in on plenty of zoners the old fashioned way too.

Reasons why he's good and doesn't need buffs:
- Some of the best footsies in the game
- Solid zoning and counterzoning
- Solid oki options

He's very solid and versatile at most parts of the screen. He has tools to win, he just isn't as braindead as some of the top tiers. If top tiers get nerfed he will be in a great spot.
1. His wake up isn't fine, it's actually useless to people who expect it so you have to delay wake up or roll every time you're knocked down and continue to get pressured and GL has no answer to good pressure (if he does tell me what it is)

2. His damage isn't fine at all I can name at least 10 characters with far better damage, it's not standard you're dead wrong.

4. I wanna see you use b23 practically in matchups then this would be something of an argument, and having a +1 string with a 7 frame d1 basically makes you neutral.

5. Walkspeed doesn't mean shit he had great walkspeed in the last game and heavily struggled against zoners, you have to factor in meter building, with no meter you can't MB lantern beam and even with that you only get 1 dash then you have to duck or else you get hit smh. And with the meter they build they can just mb roll away when you get close.

You say the same generic things as everyone else, no he doesn't have good counterzoning options and he doesn't have some of the best footsies in the game he just had b1, that's like saying Ivy's footsies are great because of her f3 alone (obv its slower but it has way more range)

You aren't right at all *shrug* and if you think I can't beat you play me in a ft10 and 10-0 me and I'll never say I can beat you again (and I don't mean with sub zero)

Fred Marvel

The difference between me and most people in this thread is no matter how outlandish you think my claims are I always am willing to or just do state my reasons why or how I know something to be true. So many ofthers just bash me and give no evidence I'm just wrong because you say so? You can be critical but be constructive and logical if you say I'm wrong you better be able to prove it

Skedar70

Noob
The difference between me and most people in this thread is no matter how outlandish you think my claims are I always am willing to or just do state my reasons why or how I know something to be true. So many ofthers just bash me and give no evidence I'm just wrong because you say so? You can be critical but be constructive and logical if you say I'm wrong you better be able to prove it
Zoidbergs gave you arguments back there and they are better than yours. You are just not playing the character properly. GL is solid and with the nerf to the top tiers he will probably move up on the tier list.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
1. His wake up isn't fine, it's actually useless to people who expect it so you have to delay wake up or roll every time you're knocked down and continue to get pressured and GL has no answer to good pressure (if he does tell me what it is)

2. His damage isn't fine at all I can name at least 10 characters with far better damage, it's not standard you're dead wrong.

4. I wanna see you use b23 practically in matchups then this would be something of an argument, and having a +1 string with a 7 frame d1 basically makes you neutral.

5. Walkspeed doesn't mean shit he had great walkspeed in the last game and heavily struggled against zoners, you have to factor in meter building, with no meter you can't MB lantern beam and even with that you only get 1 dash then you have to duck or else you get hit smh. And with the meter they build they can just mb roll away when you get close.

You say the same generic things as everyone else, no he doesn't have good counterzoning options and he doesn't have some of the best footsies in the game he just had b1, that's like saying Ivy's footsies are great because of her f3 alone (obv its slower but it has way more range)

You aren't right at all *shrug* and if you think I can't beat you play me in a ft10 and 10-0 me and I'll never say I can beat you again (and I don't mean with sub zero)
1. Again, most wakeups are useless if they are expected. That's why you have to mixup your options between regular getup, tech rolls, delayed wakeup, wakeup backdash(his backdash is ass though i'll give you that), and the wall. It's not the best wakeup in the game but it's fine. His answer to pressure is the same a s a bunch of characters. He has a 7f d1, a good walk back,d2, etc.

2. If only 10 characters have better damage in a 30 character game, that mean's he is in the middle damage wise, which is exactly what I said. Thank you for proving my point.

4. I don't play GL, but just because something is high doesn't make it useless. BA f12 comes to mind. Even if you are only neutral that is great. That leaves tons of room for you to work with. You're also ignoring the fact that it's only "neutral" against people with 6f d1s, and if you know they are going to try and d1 out you can easily blow them up by walking back or MB F3ing. It sounds like you play very linearly and aren't even thinking about how to use these tools.

5. You misunderstand. You don't dash, that's the point. You duck, walk forward a bit, duck, etc. With his walkspeed he can get in faster than most characters this way. When does anyone in this game not have any meter? Once you knock them down with MB beam you can setup your own zoning with boulders and lanterns, and those can be used for counterzoning as well. There are a ton of ways he can blow up MB roll as well.

He has tons of counterzoning options which I already described. B1 alone is his best footsie tool, that's like saying Supes has bad footsies because he just has f23. You can't be serious with that point. He also has one of the best walkspeeds in the game which is crucial in footsies. Lantern's might also works great as a whiff punisher, and he has great AA options.

It's pretty obvious you have a very poor understanding of GL and fighting games in general, so I probably won't respond after this post.

P.S. Your call out means nothing to me, I wouldn't waste time playing you.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Green Lantern is fine, he just needs his damage tweaked, his lantern's might fixed, and while we're at it, let's give him back Machine Gun and Rocket Power as part of his base move list. :cool:

No reason it should lose to batman's double jump. No I'm not gonna let it go when my move fundamentally does not work properly lol. It's been relegated to a combo extension only and that just feels uninspired.

Take your negativity elsewhere, this is a discussion, not whining.
so if gl gets his old wakeup, black adam gets his old lightning cage hitbox too right?

JDM

Noob
After seeing what they did to the rest of the cast. I'm confident Lantern will be a strong pick now. I'm glad they toned the game down to be more in line with himself, rather than buff him to be more like the top tiers.

Kinda wish 2231 was +2 but eh

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
as soon as they said some characters got no changes, i knew GL would be one of them lol.

I'm fine with it tbh, the lanterns might hitbox buff was all i really wanted but not that bothered we didnt get it, not getting over buffed is a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: JDM

Rebelo

Noob
You gonna offer any kind of insight/argument/proof? Or just say I'm wrong and expect your opinion to magically be right? Lol
U say he loses 9 to 12 matches thats insane only matches he loses is deadshot and slightly to dr fate, supes ,harley but every character needs some losing matches and none of these matches are that bad and very easy to over come lol please i wanna hear who these 9-12 matches

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun

U say he loses 9 to 12 matches thats insane only matches he loses is deadshot and slightly to dr fate, supes ,harley but every character needs some losing matches and none of these matches are that bad and very easy to over come lol please i wanna hear who these 9-12 matches
I'd add Catwoman but seeing as she's getting the nerf bat who really cares.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
No LM buff, oh well. GL is going to be a strong contender with the brain dead brigade getting toned down, I'm content.

Sucks Fate got buffed though, that was already one of GLs tougher match ups.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Gl beats catwomen man as she is now probably even more after the patch
Hmmm you're definitely a better GL than me but I always thought that was an awful match up. Not really worth debating though, seeing as it's getting changed soon.