What's new

Let's agree on what GL needs in the patch

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

U say he loses 9 to 12 matches thats insane only matches he loses is deadshot and slightly to dr fate, supes ,harley but every character needs some losing matches and none of these matches are that bad and very easy to over come lol please i wanna hear who these 9-12 matches
He doesn't lose to Harley you clearly don't know his matchups. He loses to darkseied very very decisively too. I've lists them before.

Deadshot
Superman
Fate
Batman
Darkseid
Aquaman
Catwoman very decisively
Red hood
Cyborg (beat him decisively in IGAU)

That's 9 that are pretty agreed upon

Some arguable ones are
Black Adam
Green arrow
Blue beetle
Ivy

Supergirl is gonna be a bad matchup most likely after the patch too.

Now prove me wrong.

Rebelo

Noob
He doesn't lose to Harley you clearly don't know his matchups. He loses to darkseied very very decisively too. I've lists them before.

Deadshot
Superman

Deadshot
Superman
Fate
Batman
Darkseid
Aquaman
Catwoman very decisively
Red hood

Some arguable ones are
Black Adam
Green arrow
Blue beetle
Ivy

Now prove me wrong.

Deadshot
Superman
Fate
Batman
Darkseid
Aquaman
Catwoman very decisively
Red hood

Some arguable ones are
Black Adam
Green arrow
Blue beetle
Ivy

Now prove me wrong.
Fate
Batman
Darkseid
Aquaman
Catwoman very decisively
Red hood

Some arguable ones are
Black Adam
Green arrow
Blue beetle
Ivy

Now prove me wrong.
Ive never seen someone so wrong lol your right about 3 matches lol gl beats aquaman beats catwomen even with batman darkseid cybrog green arrow and blue dude are you eveb playing the same character lmao just as ever top player that has played me and use those character see this is the difference between me and you i play these match ups at the highest level you play it at casual lvl so you dont see it how i do like i said if you proof just ask top player of those characters that have played me they will have the same answer as me ive even had batman players say that its in gl favor after playing me like i said you look at it from a casuals point of view so its understandable why you think like this

Fred Marvel

Ive never seen someone so wrong lol your right about 3 matches lol gl beats aquaman beats catwomen even with batman darkseid cybrog green arrow and blue dude are you eveb playing the same character lmao just as ever top player that has played me and use those character see this is the difference between me and you i play these match ups at the highest level you play it at casual lvl so you dont see it how i do like i said if you proof just ask top player of those characters that have played me they will have the same answer as me ive even had batman players say that its in gl favor after playing me like i said you look at it from a casuals point of view so its understandable why you think like this
the fact that you think gl beats catwoman and aquaman shows a lot but you saying he GOES EVEN WITH CYBORG AND DARKSEID???? you clearly know nothing

im done acknowledging you lol run along keep winning tournaments against high level competition with GL

Rebelo

Noob
the fact that you think gl beats catwoman and aquaman shows a lot but you saying he GOES EVEN WITH CYBORG AND DARKSEID???? you clearly know nothing

im done acknowledging you lol run along keep winning tournaments against high level competition with GL
Yes you do no lantern bomb is one of the best counter zoning tools in the game to deal with zoners right this is what i mean by your a casual you dont see what he can do only char that can actaully zone out gl is deadshot.
cyborg and darkseid you can wait and place lantern bombs to counter zone and trade the trade is way in your favor that mixed in with meterburn fireball and is will make darkseid teleport right into your d2 ;)

Last edited:

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
now first off this thread isn't for the people who think he's fine or "doesn't need buffs" so if that's your stance exit the thread. He for one needs his lanterns might move fixed and a couple of other things. Anyway here are a few small things I think would help him a lot and he NEEDS to be more than a mediocre character.

1. Give him a real wake up.
Wall has some invincibility but every character can jump over it and every one I've tried can stuff it and if you jump wall you're safe from wake up lift so he's free to be punished or just crossed up. He needs a legit wake up.

2. Fix lanterns might.
The move has whiffing issues, if a character is going upward in their jump arc it whiffs 90% of the time even if they are clearly in range, plus off a trait overcharged lantern it has a ton more range so I think the range should be made consistent, it should reach from the start of the round and shouldn't be outraged by black Adams lightning hands. And if it isn't going to be able to anti air it should have the same grounded range it had in INJ1.

3. A slight damage buff.
he just does very low damage for no good reason, the only character I can think off of the top of my head who decisively does less damage is super girl and hers is the lowest in the game but she has a ton more tools than he does, there's just no reason he should do so much less damage than the viable characters (not just top tiers).

4. A practical plus string or special.
His only practical plus string is 2231 and it's plus 1 but he has a 7 frame d1 so any character with a 6 frame d1 isn't really at a frame disadvantage.In my opinion MB wall should be plus 3 on block so he could have some type of pressure or just safety and it would be a good get off me wake up, at the cost of a bar of meter. if not wall then overcharged lantern (db2) mb should be plus

5. Less recovery on his forward dash.
He was given a forward dash with more range to help him deal with zoning but it has so much recovery it doesn't really do much and because he has to dash before a mb roll it makes mb roll not a great option, I can't even count how many mb rolls I have been hit out of because he has so much start up. I just want him to have some better options against the strong zoners in the game

That's all I think he NEEDS, if there was one of these I had to live without, it would be the forward dash buff. Can we agree on these as good changes for him? If not what do you guys think he needs? Is this too much? I don't think any of it would make him overpowered just better, I'm aiming to get him in Harley tier, good and viable but definitely not broken and has struggles still
I agree with everything except for his damaged needs to stay the same he's got very good mix ups in B13,F3,223 dash in, and corpse hopin.
If he would have to get up into the 40s he would be too strong

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
@Rebelo

Hey man can you point me to some of your GL sets, or extended gameplay? There's not a ton of high level GL footage out there outside of Gross and I'd just like to be able to see how you approach various matchups and mostly how you apply his counterzoning and oki mixups.

I think he definitely needs a damage buff. I understand he's a zoner but compared to other zoners like superman and black adam, his damage is kinda lame, even in the corner. When I play as him I rely too much on that cross-up after Lantern's Might while trait is activated and some other stuff after MB Lantern's Might just to get that 'good damage', and that doesn't always work in my favor.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I think he definitely needs a damage buff. I understand he's a zoner but compared to other zoners like superman and black adam, his damage is kinda lame, even in the corner. When I play as him I rely too much on that cross-up after Lantern's Might while trait is activated and some other stuff after MB Lantern's Might just to get that 'good damage', and that doesn't always work in my favor.
He gets crazy damage in the corner

Fred Marvel

Rebelo is the only Lantern I've played where the zoning wasn't absolutely free. He definitely knows what he's talking about.
That doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about at all lol his zoning not being free = he knows lanterns matchups better than me???! Lmao logic must have skipped your brain. He said GL doesn't lose to cyborg or darkseid he's delusional. He's a good player but that doesn't exempt him from being wrong. This site is full or idiots and dick riders, in the last smart real and knowledgeable one standing.

Fred Marvel

@EMPEROR PRYCE can we get rebelo vs fred marvel for star lab sundays plz?
I'm down to play him like I said. He said I can't beat him if he 10-0's me he's right. But like most he talks shit but won't back it up. The only top player to ever straight up add and play me was PL in igau the rest of y'all talk down like you're gods or something lol you're jokes to me.