What's new

Let's agree on what GL needs in the patch

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
...to be fair tho, rebelo and gross have both stated that GL needs buffs. Now i do not remember what they said specifically but lantern's might was one of the moves that one of them mentioned.

Carry on;)
I mean....gross is a well known GL loyalist across both games....yet he's been playing aquaman and BA lately when the chips are down. Sort of says it all....

GL is a great character, but I truly believe even the best need a pocket top tier or two to seriously compete at the highest level and make it to top 16/8. I guess that's ok, but it sure would be nice to be able to play GL exclusively.

I don't see how anyone at this point could really be against improving the hitbox on lanterns might. There's no reason for it to whiff in the corner after confirming b13 (I know you can ocl, not the point), and it's stupid that it'll reach 3/4 screen after a traited OCL close, but doesn't go nearly as far any other time. It also should be a decent anti air when spaced properly.

Fuck a damage buff, adjustment of frames, dash buffs or whatever else. Just make lanterns might more consistent, reliable and a usable tool outside of extending combos and I think GL is great.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
...to be fair tho, rebelo and gross have both stated that GL needs buffs. Now i do not remember what they said specifically but lantern's might was one of the moves that one of them mentioned.

Carry on;)
me, gross, rebelo, orochi would all at least like to see lanterns might fixed. you can hate me for my antics but this is as decisive as it gets he needs buffs lol im pretty sure gross initially thought GL was top tier too.
when guys like pig of the hut were saying GL feels top 5 i knew he was worse than he was in the first game and i said it. hopefully you kids learn one day. i might seem like an asshat online but i know what im talking about usually ;)

me, gross, rebelo, orochi would all at least like to see lanterns might fixed. you can hate me for my antics but this is as decisive as it gets he needs buffs lol im pretty sure gross initially thought GL was top tier too.
when guys like pig of the hut were saying GL feels top 5 i knew he was worse than he was in the first game and i said it. hopefully you kids learn one day. i might seem like an asshat online but i know what im talking about usually ;)
Yea i was responding to one of the posts someone put saying that gross and rebelo didn't talk about the GL buffs.

I like being a dick too sometimes. I played nightwing:DOGE

Fred Marvel

Yea i was responding to one of the posts someone put saying that gross and rebelo didn't talk about the GL buffs.

I like being a dick too sometimes. I played nightwing:DOGE
yea i just quoted your post for visibility not as a response lol to me its blaringly obvious, the fact that every high level GL player thinks or would like the same thing kinda just forces everyone else to shut up

G4S Pharaoh

No limit
yea i just quoted your post for visibility not as a response lol to me its blaringly obvious, the fact that every high level GL player thinks or would like the same thing kinda just forces everyone else to shut up
Whats the point of opening a thread then? If your argument is "people think like me so im right," then there wasnt much discussion to be had in the first place. Enlighten me lord fred

Rebelo

Noob
yes he loses 9-12. without a doubt at least 8 in this games current state. stop and think about it before you disagree, ive listed them before.
and dude i play Red Hood look at my posrs about him. Red Hood is just about top 10 not top tier but definitely good i just dont have the chemistry with him that i have with GL but i still do better half the time with him.
GL is NOT viable at all Gross is great but he was only wnning because nobody knew how to fight him even theo was literally getting hit by mixups that dont even work on superman in tournament lol plus ive seen him playing adam and aquaman now and he stuck by GL in the first game.

so cal.

i can beat rebelo lol no disrespect but im as good as or better than him imo *shrug* he's really good tho

rookies like you believe blatantly wrong things like this but bash me lmao
Whos manz is this lmao he wilding

I used to main GL in Injustice 1 but in this game the character is so disappointing.

To start, most of his new moves or unimaginative and almost useless compared to his Injustice 1's special moves. He is a character that's supposed to use his imagination and courage to create energy contructs and all we get is battery blast in place of rockets and overcharged lantern instead of torpedoes and both special moves consist of him pulling out the Lantern and not creating any constructs. C'mon Nrs.

To buff GL I would give him back his old rocket, gatling gun, torpedos and turbines, improve his brick wall so that GL can hold the wall and absorbe projectile (like cryomancer sub), increase hit advantage on throw and slight damage buff.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I used to main GL in Injustice 1 but in this game the character is so disappointing.

To start, most of his new moves or unimaginative and almost useless compared to his Injustice 1's special moves. He is a character that's supposed to use his imagination and courage to create energy contructs and all we get is battery blast in place of rockets and overcharged lantern instead of torpedoes and both special moves consist of him pulling out the Lantern and not creating any constructs. C'mon Nrs.

To buff GL I would give him back his old rocket, gatling gun, torpedos and turbines, improve his brick wall so that GL can hold the wall and absorbe projectile (like cryomancer sub), increase hit advantage on throw and slight damage buff.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun

I absolutly agree that cosmetically they really ruined GL, he barely makes any constructs and since fucking when does he use his battery in combat?! It's like they never read a GL comic in their lives.

But as far as actually buffing the character gameplay wise, I don't really think he needs much of anything at all. He's a very well rounded character. Like I said earlier, MAYBE a bit more of a consistent range on LM is all I could get behind.

His gear is cool though.

His gear is cool though
Some of his gear looks dope but I also get a strong "Power Ranger" vibe from it, lol. I'd like to see a classic skin pack for some of the cast when the patches start coming.

To start, most of his new moves or unimaginative and almost useless compared to his Injustice 1's special moves. He is a character that's supposed to use his imagination and courage to create energy contructs and all we get is battery blast in place of rockets and overcharged lantern instead of torpedoes and both special moves consist of him pulling out the Lantern and not creating any constructs. C'mon Nrs
Agreed

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Why don't we give him Aquaman's chip, Catwoman's B3 and Black Adam's damage while we're at it?

Why don't we give him Aquaman's chip, Catwoman's B3 and Black Adam's damage while we're at it?
I'm not saying they should give him broken moves it's just that GL feels so boring to play as in comparison to other characters. He can have the gatling gun without the crazy chip etc. I think making the brick wall able to hold for a time will make him more versatile when dealing with Zoning which is a problem to GL still.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Play someone else then. Other people shouldn't have to deal with the oppressive bullshit you suggested just because you find him boring. He's already a solid character who many agree is top 10, and with the top tiers being nerfed this upcoming patch he's going to become even stronger.

Play someone else then. Other people shouldn't have to deal with the oppressive bullshit you suggested just because you find him boring. He's already a solid character who many agree is top 10, and with the top tiers being nerfed this upcoming patch he's going to become even stronger.
I actually play Atro and Darkseid.

Why would being able to hold the brick wall be opresive? He can be fun to play and not be broken dude chill out.

Fred Marvel

all of you who say he doesnt need any buffs or buffs will make him too good never offer any kind of proof or argument lol
Whos manz is this lmao he wilding
about thinking GL loses those matchups or that youre not better than me?