What's new

Question LBSH Are Kitana Players the biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

Are Kitana PLayers the Biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

• Yes

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • ummm Smoke Players?

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
yea i haven't heard any reptile downplaying at all recently.
THTB came to his senses and apparently brought everyone over

they have greatly improved in their downplaying

Not in Mother Russia!
lmao funniest thing you posted

this is awesome

I like how every STB post tries to highlight how awesome they think Gr8one is.
True

I mean competitively. Putting 16 Bit and Gr8one in the same sentence is an insult to 16
Bit.
again true

im playing with gr8one right now, he doesnt play a lot anymore
a lot of knowledge in this post

So you're saying baraka > kit :)

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Kitana can get away with downplaying because it isn't obvious to the average player that she has stupid stuff. Kitana players know why she has dirt and how to use it but it isn't obvious and this has nothing to do with throwing fans

Kitana's bad Matchups imo

Kenshi 2-8
Kabal 2.5- 7.5 (3-7 without decimals)
Freddy 3.5-6.5 (4-6 without decimals)
Smoke 4-6
Sonya 4-6
Reptile 4-6

Possible Bad MU's
Raiden + Ermac

A character with 6 for sure bad Mu's (2 of them being pretty bad) and maybe 2 or 3 more isn't being downplayed.

A few Kitana players realize that she's not this powerhouse she once used to be.

Lack of Armor, Mix ups, and basically a very one dimensional footsie game (know her spacing), mediocre zoning, no teleport, hard to get in on zoners, horrible wakeup options, etc, isn't top 10 material. I accept she's 12-14, and if I'm being called a downplayer, so be it.

I find it funny how the Kitana players who claim shes top 5 or top 10, with few Bad Mu's don't have very much success.

16 bit, who accepts Kitana as the character she is (a top 15 character), has the most success with her.

Put the pride away, accept Kitana has her flaws, but at the same time she's tourny viable.

Sonya players, now those bitches be downplaying her like crazy.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Why is it funny? Most of us play Gr8 weekly. I play Jimmy Potato every other day. Gr8 is a great Kitana player. If you refuse that, then you are just being but hurt. Instead of complaining about it, just go play him. I fail to see why it's an issue to believe that Gr8 one is a phenominal player. Khaotix is a great player, why should my experiences be debated on? I digress, that was not even the original point of the thread.

So, if I have this correct, she has 2 or 3 REALLY bad matchups. Everything else is definitely winnable.

I do agree that I may have overlooked the Sonya community lol...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You're a bigger man than me lol. But I'll resist the urge to say what I'm dying to as you wish.
Believe me, I have my share of retarded moments.

I think we have all witnessed those.

But seriously, can we please keep this at the topic at hand. IMO Gr8 is a fucking rediculously good Kitana player. That is solely my opinion. If you want to argue against that, please be advised that you are arguing against an opinion.

Death

Noob
Death is the downplay king. Sorry, I had to.
Not at all. My new Sonya chart is fair and would prob have the highest total points over any other Sonya chart. I already gave her the 5th spot over Freddy. So whatever lol

I like how pig quotes your post. He's just mad I label the mu 7-3 and give him no props for that particular mu

MkFinest

Monster
Sonya players are the biggest downplayers. I've said this many times Sonya is a top5 character, the Sonya community is weak but Sonya is great. What CURBOLICOUS posted in the other thread dude pick up Sonya she's top5 and the Sonya community needs a top player playing her right!

SZSR

Noob
What are you guys talking about Smoke downplayers? You make it seem we don't think he's top 10. Unquestionably in the top 15 and easily in the top 10 (some Smokes disagree on that but you're bound to have disagreement in a community as big as this).

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Smokes, especially the ones that think KL is a 7-3 lolol
Kitana Kenshi cant be an 2-8, otherwise that'd make Cage Kenshi at least 1-9.
While they're both horrible matchups, I'd say Cage is better against Kenshi than Kitana is. At least once he's in he can start some kind of pressure game.