What's new

Match-up Discussion LBSH....about this lovely refrigerator?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I guess my original phrasing was pretty poor. I in no way think that this is an easy match for Kano. Like i said 6/4 Kano at best. Kano doesn't have any easy matches. He has to earn everything he gets. I was just stating that csz doesn't auto win here, and neither do most characters against him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Now we're getting somewhere. I honestly do believe though that many people approach Kano wrong. Shame online is very weird to test matches online but so far its all I have. I don't fight many true Kano mains offline but I have played against him

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I guess my original phrasing was pretty poor. I in no way think that this is an easy match for Kano. Like i said 6/4 Kano at best. Kano doesn't have any easy matches. He has to earn everything he gets. I was just stating that csz doesn't auto win here, and neither do most characters against him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I think Noob auto-wins this MU to be honest, it's not as bad as Sheeva though.

The problem with Kano is that he has nothing going for him. That's about it. All his options are just.. 'okay.' He's downplayed, surely, but is it really that far from the truth?

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I think Noob auto-wins this MU to be honest, it's not as bad as Sheeva though.

The problem with Kano is that he has nothing going for him. That's about it. All his options are just.. 'okay.' He's downplayed, surely, but is it really that far from the truth?
I wouldn't say noob auto wins. Knives do more damage than a good majority of projectiles in this game. I think noob is just an awkward match for most. The only character, imo, that auto wins against Kano (or should anyway) is kenshi. Even @pigofthehut agrees with me on this one.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
lets see, scorp has vortex, better footsies (f4, b2, d4, spear when necessary), he can easily tele on his fb, better AAs, air to air he can deal with divekicks, armor, cszs pokes suck ass too haha, can blow up all parries with f4, can interrup cszs 332 string. Yep looks even to me, the big factor is parry is useless bcuz f4 from scorp
Its not that simple in that matchup. He may have better tools against other characters but this matchup is as even as it gets. We have to remember that parry and ice ball are just moves he has, not moves that he relies on. CSZ pressure options are similar to scorpions only thing is he has a fuzzy guardable mixup game. both Teleports can get blown up and dive kicks cant be punished. I agree with the air to air but thats up close dive kicks. I know this matchup pretty well but the options Scorp has against CSZ arent exactly the safest options. Btw En spear goes through the 3rd hit of all his strings but is very risky, meter drain loves to happen on that move lol. I just think you need to play against more CSZ to really know just how annoying the character is. As passionate as you feel about liu kang i feel about this character, although liu is much better. Im pretty real when it comes to this character and ill put it bluntly there are maybe 2 or 3 people that play him at the highest level and all 3 of us are on different skill gaps.

Kano vs csz? You lose, bro. Your freeze is way too punishable, and go ahead and try that parry. See how well that works our for you. Not to mention knives all day, with a fast enough recovery to block most every dive kick after.
5-5 brah. up ball gets punished into full combo and remember every character in the game can simply duck knives lol. Believe me i think kano is severely underrated but this matchup is dead even, ive been playing it since day 1 and its just an all out footsie spree.

I usually downplay sektor but I and most of us believe he beats hydro.. i mean cyber subbie 6-4
its definitely not 6-4 its 5-5 and if its in anyones favor its Subs. Knockdown on sektor= WTF
Ive played countless hours with Kizzle (on a completely lagless connection) and maxter and others at vsm, and i can safely say that this is even. CSZ has an option against everything sektor does, the only thing that would throw this over the top for CSZ is the fact that one knockdown on sektor is pretty much a reset lol

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
And CSZ-Rep is 5-5, this is the one matchup in the game where csz can teleport on reaction and punish lmao

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
pimpimjim because CSZ is weird I'm fine with making MUs one way or another because like how I posted, I go by MUs based on comfortability.

STB Chongo a zoning reptile gives CSZ trouble since he can't really void anything since divekick will get hit eventually up close it isn't that bad but Reptile zoning and oki game gives CSZ nightmares
STB Chongo

CSz reptile is 5-5

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Its not that simple in that matchup. He may have better tools against other characters but this matchup is as even as it gets. We have to remember that parry and ice ball are just moves he has, not moves that he relies on. CSZ pressure options are similar to scorpions only thing is he has a fuzzy guardable mixup game. both Teleports can get blown up and dive kicks cant be punished. I agree with the air to air but thats up close dive kicks. I know this matchup pretty well but the options Scorp has against CSZ arent exactly the safest options. Btw En spear goes through the 3rd hit of all his strings but is very risky, meter drain loves to happen on that move lol. I just think you need to play against more CSZ to really know just how annoying the character is. As passionate as you feel about liu kang i feel about this character, although liu is much better. Im pretty real when it comes to this character and ill put it bluntly there are maybe 2 or 3 people that play him at the highest level and all 3 of us are on different skill gaps.

5-5 brah. up ball gets punished into full combo and remember every character in the game can simply duck knives lol. Believe me i think kano is severely underrated but this matchup is dead even, ive been playing it since day 1 and its just an all out footsie spree.

its definitely not 6-4 its 5-5 and if its in anyones favor its Subs. Knockdown on sektor= WTF
Ive played countless hours with Kizzle (on a completely lagless connection) and maxter and others at vsm, and i can safely say that this is even. CSZ has an option against everything sektor does, the only thing that would throw this over the top for CSZ is the fact that one knockdown on sektor is pretty much a reset lol
I can agree with 5/5. I said it was 6/4 at best. But i can only judge from playing both characters. its rare that i actually get to fight a top notch cyber sub. I was simply saying dismissing Kano like csz obliterates him is complete nonsense.

InFlames

dead
Kano vs csz? You lose, bro. Your freeze is way too punishable, and go ahead and try that parry. See how well that works our for you. Not to mention knives all day, with a fast enough recovery to block most every dive kick after.
Wait what? A match-up that's in Kano's favor? :eek:

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Also....
Waaaayyyyyy off topic but all this "you can duck knives" nonsense needs to stop. Not 2 days ago i was blown up for saying you can jump and easily avoid Cyrax nets, and that random nets should have nothing to all with his placement on our tier list, and now when it comes to Kano the same principals are dismissed. If you jump and Kano catches you with a ex knife (or reg knife at the right height) in the right hands, you just lost 32% of your health from full screen. How is this just ignored while cyrax is considered such a threat for the same reason? Granted, rax's damage is infinitely higher, and I'm not suggesting Kano is placed wrong on the chart, just saying lose the hypocrisy.
:)

Reactions: SLy
And CSZ-Rep is 5-5, this is the one matchup in the game where csz can teleport on reaction and punish lmao
scorp is still 5 5 for sure, and reptile beats him, divekicks aren't going to be a problem and he has a hard time keeping reptile in one spot. Then you got to add that in footsies, reptile is def better bcuz he has that d4. He can tele, but very risky, and can be baited if i do an ex orb bcuz that recovers faster. Csz's pokes and footsies aren't a match for reptile.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Also....
Waaaayyyyyy off topic but all this "you can duck knives" nonsense needs to stop. Not 2 days ago i was blown up for saying you can jump and easily avoid Cyrax nets, and that random nets should have nothing to all with his placement on our tier list, and now when it comes to Kano the same principals are dismissed. If you jump and Kano catches you with a ex knife (or reg knife at the right height) in the right hands, you just lost 32% of your health from full screen. How is this just ignored while cyrax is considered such a threat for the same reason? Granted, rax's damage is infinitely higher, and I'm not suggesting Kano is placed wrong on the chart, just saying lose the hypocrisy.
:)
lol well first off your only option is to jump a net, you cant duck it. And secondly theres usually bombs on the floor accompanying a net, there are no bombs with knives haha.

scorp is still 5 5 for sure, and reptile beats him, divekicks aren't going to be a problem and he has a hard time keeping reptile in one spot. Then you got to add that in footsies, reptile is def better bcuz he has that d4. He can tele, but very risky, and can be baited if i do an ex orb bcuz that recovers faster. Csz's pokes and footsies aren't a match for reptile.
I think you're under estimating his pokes, hes played very differently from most of the cast. His pokes against reptile are just as good as vs anyone else. We definitely have to play these matches out next time we are at the same venue man.

lol well first off your only option is to jump a net, you cant duck it. And secondly theres usually bombs on the floor accompanying a net, there are no bombs with knives haha.

I think you're under estimating his pokes, hes played very differently from most of the cast. His pokes against reptile are just as good as vs anyone else. We definitely have to play these matches out next time we are at the same venue man.
sure enough, his footsies dnt scare me or his pokes at all, he moves like a damn snail.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
CGSZ can't be taken seriously because he doesn't exist.
That sounds like something I would say.

#Iamnotmuffinmuggers.

Idk. I will never not be upset that his Bombs aren't mapped to 4, and his Divekick isn't, as Guamo wishes, as good as Sonya's.

He is not Sub-Zero. He is Tundra. He should've made like Alaska and stayed Tundra.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
But you can block a net with no chip damage. Knives, in the other hand, you cannot. Even if it is a measly 1%. Annnnnd they move 3 times the speed of that slow ass net.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
i guess he has some tourny viabitly but he has so many bad mus.
Dude, just stop. CSZ is top 5, he loses to Kabal, and Kabal only. Just stop Deathing and accept that CSZ is broken and we'll be cool.

What are you looking for, a ":p" face? Bro I'm serious as a heart attack right now.

Flagg

Noob
Yeah, but it's so punishable it's only good to use, like, once a match to catch someone off guard. If it was relatively safe or at least Air Ball had 0 frames of whiff recovery, it'd be a little more bearable.
Superman, slides, elbows, teleports are all punishable on block but doesn't stop people from using them still. And what people don't realise is straight ball is a 7 frame move, as fast as knives, and goes over smoke bombs, slides, low fireballs and buzzsaw on reaction. Only its tricky to snap off in a pinch.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I remember Pig telling me the Liu MU was 5-5 on stream awhile ago. I feel trolled. I even thought about it. ;-;

</3

That sounds like something I would say.

#Iamnotmuffinmuggers.

Idk. I will never not be upset that his Bombs aren't mapped to 4, and his Divekick isn't, as Guamo wishes, as good as Sonya's.

He is not Sub-Zero. He is Tundra. He should've made like Alaska and stayed Tundra.
Lol his bombs don't deserve to be mapped like mustard. Those blue shit circles are an abomination and aren't worthy of mappage to 4