What's new

Match-up Discussion LBSH....about this lovely refrigerator?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Kano vs csz? You lose, bro. Your freeze is way too punishable, and go ahead and try that parry. See how well that works our for you. Not to mention knives all day, with a fast enough recovery to block most every dive kick after.
You gotta stop playing online man.

#HypocrisyFTW

EDIT: Can't Cyber Sub interrupt Kano's strings with parry? lol

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Kano vs csz? You lose, bro. Your freeze is way too punishable, and go ahead and try that parry. See how well that works our for you. Not to mention knives all day, with a fast enough recovery to block most every dive kick after.
I don't play that matchup offensively. I let Kano self destruct he has no way to threaten me really

Flagg

Noob
In other words, he does fairly okay against everyone?

Kitana and Jax really give him a hard time in this game. If the Kabal wants to lame him out, not much he can do....he does better against rush down happy Kabals.

The other two robots are a pain. Cant block Sektors tp which sucks. A Cyrax that wants to zone is doable, but rush down Cyraxes are a nightmare. Cyrax in general has a brutal rush down in this game.

Kung Lao is a handful as well, but you can parry all his specials (barring hats of course).

Parry is still a pretty good move. If he didn't have parry, he would have some dreadful match ups in this game.

GuamoKun

pimpimjim because CSZ is weird I'm fine with making MUs one way or another because like how I posted, I go by MUs based on comfortability.

STB Chongo a zoning reptile gives CSZ trouble since he can't really void anything since divekick will get hit eventually up close it isn't that bad but Reptile zoning and oki game gives CSZ nightmares

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
pimpimjim because CSZ is weird I'm fine with making MUs one way or another because like how I posted, I go by MUs based on comfortability.

STB Chongo a zoning reptile gives CSZ trouble since he can't really void anything since divekick will get hit eventually up close it isn't that bad but Reptile zoning and oki game gives CSZ nightmares
Let's play on laggy PSN, where all of the MU's are decided.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Lol @ everyone's naivety. What 90% of this community fails to realize is; just because Kano is at the bottom of our tier list doesn't mean he loses every match up. In fact, he doesn't lose many at all. He just doesn't have very many winning matchups either. This means, with a majority of the cast, Kano goes 5/5. In fact!! Kano goes 5/5 with some heavy hitters like cage, lao, kitana, and cyrax. Lbsh(only cause it was stated in OP that he obviously doesn't want to get serious here) Kano is the #1 downplayed character in this game. Ignore the truth if you wish, and then complain that you don't know the matchup when you lose, and that its the only reason you lost. Us 5 Kano players that actually know what he is capable of will sit there and laugh menacingly as we choke that last bit of health you have away.
Good day.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lol @ everyone's naivety. What 90% of this community fails to realize is; just because Kano is at the bottom of our tier list doesn't mean he loses every match up. In fact, he doesn't lose many at all. He just doesn't have very many winning matchups either. This means, with a majority of the cast, Kano goes 5/5. In fact!! Kano goes 5/5 with some heavy hitters like cage, lao, kitana, and cyrax. Lbsh(only cause it was stated in OP that he obviously doesn't want to get serious here) Kano is the #1 downplayed character in this game. Ignore the truth if you wish, and then complain that you don't know the matchup when you lose, and that its the only reason you lost. Us 5 Kano players that actually know what he is capable of will sit there and laugh menacingly as we choke that last bit of health you have away.
Good day.
Please, PM me why Kano is downplayed with those mediocre everythings.

GuamoKun

Good day.
I beat Kanos by time out the thing is he's bad at fighting a MU like that. What's stopping me from neutral ducking EVERY knife? How are you going to get in? Straight all? I can block and send you back to repeat this all over again. Upball to close the distance? I can slide that move or divekick it. Air down all? It'll get blocked. I'm not going to give Kano the time of day to deal with his upball or his knives. Every character can remove that aspect from his game and that's why he isn't that good. Because universally he can get countered.a character loses a matchup when they can't utilize their tools at all

Reactions: RYX

Flagg

Noob
I love CSZ and Kano.

My ONLY gripe with Kano is, I wish he his straight ball was a bf motion, or even df/db. I dont want to be doing SSF IV super moves for a regular special. It would also make doing instant air straight ball so much more viable. It's as fast as CSZ instant air dive kick (i think).

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Please, PM me why Kano is downplayed with those mediocre everythings.
Downplayed in the sense that everyone thinks he auto loses every match, not that he is secretly beast mode. Come on bro, the rest of the class is on page 32.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Downplayed in the sense that everyone thinks he auto loses every match, not that he is secretly beast mode. Come on bro, the rest of the class is on page 32.
Because he's never a threat at any point in the stage. Nobody cares about him. Kano sucks, and this is from someone who uses Kano on the side.

LBSH he has 0 good things about his game plan other than being annoying in lag. He's the epitome of mediocrity. GG

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I love CSZ and Kano.

My ONLY gripe with Kano is, I wish he his straight ball was a bf motion, or even df/db. I dont want to be doing SSF IV super moves for a regular special. It would also make doing instant air straight ball so much more viable. It's as fast as CSZ instant air dive kick (i think).
Yeah, but it's so punishable it's only good to use, like, once a match to catch someone off guard. If it was relatively safe or at least Air Ball had 0 frames of whiff recovery, it'd be a little more bearable.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
GuamoKun it won't let me reply to that, but anyway...
Once again you're underestimating Kano and over estimating csz. Sure you can "shut down" his zoning game (lbsh, that's what they all say) but what you're forgetting is that Kano can equally shut down slides and divekicks with up, down, or hz balls. Ice blast is useless b/c you'll eat a knife as soon as your chest opens up, and your tele..... well honestly you'd be better off without it in every match, and your bombs are like avoiding a noob playing cyrax, definitely no challenge there. And without the life lead, running down the clock gets you nowhere. Csz vs Kano is 6/4 Kano. 5/5 @ best. Take it it leave it.
I said good day.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
off topic-ish but playing as this character makes me cry sometimes.

also I'm surprised a character like cyber sub does better than most against kenshi. is it the mobility?
Puzzling as well, its one of the few matches that doesn't seem horrible with Sheeva either, Kenshi's weakness is low tier characters wtf?

Reactions: RYX

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I've said what i have to say. No use repeating it a thousand times. Either you respect it, or, like the rest of the thick headed mk community, you don't want to face facts.

GuamoKun

GuamoKun it won't let me reply to that, but anyway...
Once again you're underestimating Kano and over estimating csz. Sure you can "shut down" his zoning game (lbsh, that's what they all say) but what you're forgetting is that Kano can equally shut down slides and divekicks with up, down, or hz balls. Ice blast is useless b/c you'll eat a knife as soon as your chest opens up, and your tele..... well honestly you'd be better off without it in every match, and your bombs are like avoiding a noob playing cyrax, definitely no challenge there. And without the life lead, running down the clock gets you nowhere. Csz vs Kano is 6/4 Kano. 5/5 @ best. Take it it leave it.
I said good day.
Nothing so far can make me change my mind about this specific MU.

I'm not throwing anything out I'm literally going to just be defensive in this MU.

This isn't about overestimating CSZ it's about approaching a certain character a certain way.

and that being said, CSZ can do that. Ill he honest when I say that people approach Kano wrong and I agree that people do say he sucks without knowing why.

I however listed reasons why and CSZ has some tools to help him in this MU. This isn't too bad of a matchup for Kano it's just that people approach it wrong.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Nothing so far can make me change my mind about this specific MU.

I'm not throwing anything out I'm literally going to just be defensive in this MU.

This isn't about overestimating CSZ it's about approaching a certain character a certain way.

and that being said, CSZ can do that. Ill he honest when I say that people approach Kano wrong and I agree that people do say he sucks without knowing why.

I however listed reasons why and CSZ has some tools to help him in this MU. This isn't too bad of a matchup for Kano it's just that people approach it wrong.
I guess my original phrasing was pretty poor. I in no way think that this is an easy match for Kano. Like i said 6/4 Kano at best. Kano doesn't have any easy matches. He has to earn everything he gets. I was just stating that csz doesn't auto win here, and neither do most characters against him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2