What's new

Latest Mortal Kombat 11 'leak': tag mode, full roster, DLC and more

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
For some reason...as much as I want Kitana in the game as she is my fave of all. I feel like she is sitting this one out. The Cassie intro dialogue could easily be edited with words before it. she just says "kitana princess of the undead" or whatever the words were. she could easily say before it. "(where is kitana) princess of the undead." And it seems with Jade's main outfit she is in revenant form so she or in her zombie form. She looks exactly like the revenants in MKX. but i dunno. they could be pulling from timelines etc. they could also pull an injustice 2 and make characters have alt costumes that make them a different character. although....Kitana and Rain missing I will cry. Kitana may be a DLC if not included but Rain is just too amazing. EVERY game he is in, he i just amazing. Sindel, I just don't think they know what to do with. Another fave. I personally would prefer them release nightwolf and do an inustice 2 ish alt making him kung jin. but if not....no more Kombat kids. PLZ.

For some reason...as much as I want Kitana in the game as she is my fave of all. I feel like she is sitting this one out. The Cassie intro dialogue could easily be edited with words before it. she just says "kitana princess of the undead" or whatever the words were. she could easily say before it. "(where is kitana) princess of the undead." And it seems with Jade's main outfit she is in revenant form so she or in her zombie form. She looks exactly like the revenants in MKX. but i dunno. they could be pulling from timelines etc. they could also pull an injustice 2 and make characters have alt costumes that make them a different character. although....Kitana and Rain missing I will cry. Kitana may be a DLC if not included but Rain is just too amazing. EVERY game he is in, he i just amazing. Sindel, I just don't think they know what to do with. Another fave. I personally would prefer them release nightwolf and do an inustice 2 ish alt making him kung jin. but if not....no more Kombat kids. PLZ.
from all ive seen and heard kitana is not only in but also plays a main role in the stroy.

vapid

cyber warlord
I've seen both Cetrion and Ketusean name dropped - wonder which it is, if either.

I think Shinnok looks like an NPC and I don't think he'll be playable - the stuff about him being playable has only come out since the magazine leak, and that just looks like a typo rather than anything else.

I hope Rain is base roster but sadly I don't think Fujin and Havik will be in, even as DLC. Nightwolf and Sindel seem like sensible picks, though, and I guess we'll get a couple of left-field choices as well, and of course some guests.

I don't like this latest 'leaked' roster, though - it's what I feared: MKX v1.5

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
What are you favourite characters from the sh*t ones he's making fun of? The cop characters??
WELL, actually, some of these characters are also among my liked characters, from that list I actually enjoy Jax, Sonya, Johnny, Sub-Zero, Frost, Scorpion, Kung Lao, Kitana and liu Kang.

I would hate two Liu Kangs, Kung Lao's and Scorpions of course!

Also Sonya Blade and Johnny Cage were cool until MKX, MK9 Sonya was also stupid with the stupid sexy outfit though I hate her moves in MKX with the gadgets which I don't like on Sonya. Johnny Cage was cool as arrogant movie star, I don't like him as a father, ugh.

Jax is cool as long as his daughter isn't in the same game. And the rocket launcher must GO, Jax shouldn't use ranged weapons other than his arms.

mattteo

Noob
And I take it's just a coincidence that this "leak" happened shortly after the Playstation UK magazine had Shinnok's name (albeit probably mistakenly) as victim of a fatality from Geras?

Besides, "mom wants one of her two god children to win Armaggeddon, one represents death and the other represents life", I've seen that movie before and I don't think Shawn Kittelsen wants to remake it.

Shawn Kittelsen actually really likes the Taven and Daegon plot. He named them in his 5 top characters from the 3D era.

SmokeMK

Noob
That second GameFaqs list was written by a troll account created to mock another user not long after the possibility of a leak was being discussed. It’s fake. The one mentioning Cetrion is the only one being considered. It’s also possible that this character’s name was changed to something starting with “TER.” But it’s definitely not Ketsu- whatever the fuck that guy was talking about.

mattteo

Noob
Who were the other 3?
He was specifically asked about Havik, Reiko and Daegon. I wish I could find tbe tweet, but I can't. Kittelsen posts A LOT and I get lost in his tweets. He said he likes Havik the most. But that Reiko and Daegon are in his top 5. This is what I recall

vapid

cyber warlord
He was specifically asked about Havik, Reiko and Daegon. I wish I could find tbe tweet, but I can't. Kittelsen posts A LOT and I get lost in his tweets. He said he likes Havik the most. But that Reiko and Daegon are in his top 5. This is what I recall
Thanks for that - very interesting.

Havik doesn't surprise me, given that Kittelsen wrote the comics (AFAIK?) and Havik played a major role in them. I hope this bodes well for him being DLC in MK 11, but NRS have never shown any interest in reviving the character and so I doubt it.

Reiko definitely won't be DLC, and he won't be on the base roster because Shao Kahn (on whom he is based) already is, so I think we can more or less rule him out... unless he gets a major re-design and is somehow considered important in MK 11's story... which is a stretch.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Thanks for that - very interesting.

Havik doesn't surprise me, given that Kittelsen wrote the comics (AFAIK?) and Havik played a major role in them. I hope this bodes well for him being DLC in MK 11, but NRS have never shown any interest in reviving the character and so I doubt it.

Reiko definitely won't be DLC, and he won't be on the base roster because Shao Kahn (on whom he is based) already is, so I think we can more or less rule him out... unless he gets a major re-design and is somehow considered important in MK 11's story... which is a stretch.
Funny how Boon probably finds Reiko and Shao Kahn on the same roster too much overkill, but easily puts in Jacqui + Jax and Sonya + Cassie Cringe...

SinkFla

Noob
dueling leakers lol, story sounds shit if thats what it is though bunch of family squable crap...
You have no idea lol. There are things I believe are true just based on the number of sources, person's rep, etc. But yeah there's no definite consensus on certain things so posting a full roster leak is quite premature and bound to not be totally correct. But of course when you get a bunch of people sharing info with each other, someone is bound to get it out there (and no it's not me).

That second GameFaqs list was written by a troll account created to mock another user not long after the possibility of a leak was being discussed. It’s fake. The one mentioning Cetrion is the only one being considered. It’s also possible that this character’s name was changed to something starting with “TER.” But it’s definitely not Ketsu- whatever the fuck that guy was talking about.
%100 This ^

trufenix

bye felicia
It's pretty bad when the question of possible authenticity becomes "did you see it on 4chan or gamefaqs?"
yeah, like, I don't really support leaks in general but like, even if this turns out to be 100% absolutely true, I will never accept that it was because it was leaked on gamefaqs. Gamefaqs is the worst.

vapid

cyber warlord
If, during the next kombat kast, we saw Moloch on one of the menu icons, how would people feel?

(I don't mean on the roster - I mean like Kitana and Rain's images)

SubZeroIce

Runway
I have no doubt Kitana is in. Would be kind of stupid to crown her "Empress of the dead", give her a brand new design & put her on a menu with a brand new design & then not include her :DOGE

--
The inclusion of Shinnok is definitely a weird one.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Daegon is just a weird choice, not to mention Shinnok being in the main roster is also weird. I would be perfectly okay with this roster tho.

trufenix

bye felicia
I have no doubt Kitana is in. Would be kind of stupid to crown her "Empress of the dead", give her a brand new design & put her on a menu with a brand new design & then not include her :DOGE

--
The inclusion of Shinnok is definitely a weird one.
well unless "generic smokeless grey ninja" is also gonna be in the game, the menu pictures are a pretty useless proof. Not that I don't think Kitana's in, but I see it as just as likely generic grey ninja and kind of rain looking from the back guy are not real characters and that's not what Kitana looks like now.