What's new

General/Other - Tempest Kung Lao Tempest Variation General Discussion

Can I get the some BNB setups off of these hit confirms? I figure these combos are very modular but I'm sure I'm leaving damage off the table somewhere.

1) wake up EX df+1
(i've been using ex df+1, nj2, ji3, divekick, divekick... sometimes first divekick doesn't come out...)
2) ex db+1 (on hit)

3) f2 (best used as punish but should I go into 3 or cancel f2 into db+1?
(been using f2, db+1, 4,4 run, b3,2,1 df1, b3,2, ex df+1, ji3 divekick)
Is there a way to add a njp2 in this? if not, what game mechanic prevents that from happening?

4) What are the properties and restrictions of his divekick? LIke sometimes I'll punish a jump in with ex tornado, then nj2, then ji3 but the followup divekick doesn't come out. I don't know if there is a height restriction or whatnot.... am I even being optimal or should I be doing ex tornado, into b3,2,1 etc. ?

5) off of a hit confirmed db+1, what string do you guys prefer the best? I ALWAYS do 4,4 although sometimes I miss the link. I know you can do f2,3 or even 1,1 or b2,1... want to see which options most people prefer.

Last edited:

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Can I get the some BNB setups off of these hit confirms? I figure these combos are very modular but I'm sure I'm leaving damage off the table somewhere.

1) wake up EX df+1
(i've been using ex df+1, nj2, ji3, divekick, divekick... sometimes first divekick doesn't come out...)
2) ex db+1 (on hit)

Is there a way to add a njp2 in this? if not, what game mechanic prevents that from happening?

4) What are the properties and restrictions of his divekick? LIke sometimes I'll punish a jump in with ex tornado, then nj2, then ji3 but the followup divekick doesn't come out. I don't know if there is a height restriction or whatnot.... am I even being optimal or should I be doing ex tornado, into b3,2,1 etc. ?

5) off of a hit confirmed db+1, what string do you guys prefer the best? I ALWAYS do 4,4 although sometimes I miss the link. I know you can do f2,3 or even 1,1 or b2,1... want to see which options most people prefer.
5) I use F2,3 ,jump in 3, divekick , b2,3,1 for like 30% no meter.

There's a gap before the 3 and before the hat spin. For whiff punishing you should use f2 hatspin instead since you can link a 4,4 after spin

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

1) wake up EX df+1
2) ex db+1 (on hit)

1. http://testyourmight.com/threads/ex-spin-7-punish-combos.53450/#post-1777082
3. Midscreen: F23, Hat Spin, F23, EX Spin, NJP, JK, DK, (ender dependent on screen location-11 Spin, 21, F4, throw) or Corner: F23, Hat Spin, F23, Spin, B321 EX Spin, NJP, JK, DK, Throw.
5. Usually 44, but F23 if my execution is failing.

Vjeekes

DevilApes
Hey guys,
I play Buzz Saw since day 1. Yesterday I started to try out Tempest.
This has probably already has been discussed a thousand times but, ... guys ... how to pressure with the Tempest variation?
How can you make the strings safe? How to mix up since you don't have a low hat and F2,3 is unsafe??

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Hey guys,
This has probably already has been discussed a thousand times but, ... guys ... how to pressure with the Tempest variation?
How can you make the strings safe? How to mix up since you don't have a low hat and F2,3 is unsafe??

Just watch this it covers all aspects of tempest Lao

Hey guys,
With tempest it is best to go for these strings:

- b321
- 112124 ex hat spin
- b32 ex hat spin only against cassie
- b321 ex hat spin on all characters except for cassie
- b2 hat spin
- b3 for stagger strings
- b22 hat spin in the corner. You sacrifice damage with b22 but it catches jump outs.
- with hat spin on I do run in 11212, because you can convert into spin midscreen.
- with hat spin on and the opponent in the corner I use run in b321 because in the corner you can convert b321 into spin

Apart from that always make good use of jump 2, d4 and grabs in between pressure.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Alright guys so now that I have mastered another of the characters that was in my list, can you all help me out with tempest Lao? How are you guys getting 11212/112124 to come out on controller? Cause I can't seem to get it. And if I do I can't be near an interactable or else KL uses it. So please help me out here.

Alright guys so now that I have mastered another of the characters that was in my list, can you all help me out with tempest Lao? How are you guys getting 11212/112124 to come out on controller? Cause I can't seem to get it. And if I do I can't be near an interactable or else KL uses it. So please help me out here.
turn off input shortcuts and the interactables won't bother you anymore.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I use both of my thumbs, then go back to holding the controller the standard way after the string is inputted to do hat spin.

Endeavor

I use both of my thumbs, then go back to holding the controller the standard way after the string is inputted to do hat spin.
That is...insane. You have my upmost respect I'll. have to try that, but I can just see myself trying that and then dropping controller in the process lol. And are you doing that with input shortcuts on?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
That is...insane. You have my upmost respect I'll. have to try that, but I can just see myself trying that and then dropping controller in the process lol. And are you doing that with input shortcuts on?
Yes. It'll take practice, but once you get the timing down, it should be fine.

Endeavor

lol thats fu***** awesome. Never tried to just slide over the buttons with your thumb? Ist not that bad.
I tried the sliding thing but I could get it either. Are you pressing 112 and then sliding the rest? Or pressing 11 and then using the slide method?