What's new

Tech - Kung Lao Kung Lao MK9 Spin is Back (8/31/15 Patch Discussion)

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Most of these buffs affect buzz-saw, which was anything but OP. Even spin working for cross-ups isn't really that big a deal for tempest since ex spin was a fool proof anti-crossover anyway.

Tempest actually got nerfed so I'm not sure what you're on about.
hm like i said before , LAO IS OP but im not a pro player so , in the end its just another salty guy against LAO (since MK 9)

XxDark_

Noob
yes i'm salty , but for real , Lao is OP man NRS make him stupid OP since MK 9 , that disgraceful Spin saves him and open for HUGE COMBOS , we cant pressure Lao , we cant jump ,we can zooning (stupid teleport too) .

Ok im not pro player but

Kung lao
Goro
Scorpion
Tremor (Metalic)
Raiden

allways make me FULL RAGE , Reptile cant do allmost nothing against these Demons
you cant jump at lao. and you shouldn't be freely able to anyways. play the neutral game. the spin Is negative on block so punish it accordingly.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Thanks @LeftOverShark seems that MKX is an Living Nigthmare , we have to play chars we dont like to have chance and not get rape

i dont know if i cant take any longer with this cancer ( KP 2 chars its my final Hope)

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Pls explain why KL was OP in mk9 and why his OP in mkx?

In mk9 his was a high risk/reward char.
is only in my opinon xD

i allways loose for LAO ,in MK 9 with Kenshi LAO can be deafeatd , but in MK X its an nightmare , i play Reptile and Tremor and jason any tips ?

Banazama

Noob
Its still strong. . you just have to be precise to get the hat pressure. Which will take some practice
What exactly do you mean by precise? Does it mean precision in execution or precision in terms of reads? Because I do not think it's the former since the opponent can just poke you out of nearly all your follow-ups with even less risk. And anything they can't poke they now have the option to backdash at midscreen.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Imo Tempest was OK except the damage. Why they had to nerf the pressure possibilities for a pressure based character with little to no mix-ups is beyond me.

Banazama

Noob
Imo Tempest was OK except the damage. Why they had to nerf the pressure possibilities for a pressure based character with little to no mix-ups is beyond me.
Even with the nerf Lao has a claim to a move with utility that most characters only dream of having. I'm sure we can find the best use for it, but now the move carries a lot more risk.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Even with the nerf Lao has a claim to a move with utility that most characters only dream of having. I'm sure we can find the best use for it, but now the move carries a lot more risk.
I liked Tempest Lao's pressure. It was honest. Plus on block for meter, great meter building strings, while not very good zoning and counterzoning. The only thing I didn't like was his damage output was too high. Now he's like every other character, kinda average. I don't know man, maybe I'm not seeing things the way they are.

Banazama

Noob
I liked Tempest Lao's pressure. It was honest. Plus on block for meter, great meter building strings, while not very good zoning and counterzoning. The only thing I didn't like was his damage output was too high. Now he's like every other character, kinda average. I don't know man, maybe I'm not seeing things the way they are.
I agree with your perspective. I personally believe the nerf that Kung Lao should have got was for hat spin to no longer link into 44. Before he was a high damage, and in-your-face character. Now he`s neither.
But I`m not going to jump the gun and say he`s bad now. +8 still means the opponent can`t just carelessly challenge Lao pushback or not. So I`m taking a wait a see approach even if I can`t seem to get Lao`s offense working just yet.

XxDark_

Noob
What exactly do you mean by precise? Does it mean precision in execution or precision in terms of reads? Because I do not think it's the former since the opponent can just poke you out of nearly all your follow-ups with even less risk. And anything they can't poke they now have the option to backdash at midscreen.
precise as in execution. I have to lab it more. but if you read the back dash, you can catch them with b3. im not sure if a jump will always get them out either because. if you do it correctly. after the 112124 ex orbit hat. when the hat hits a properly time s1 will hit even with the added push back but the rest of the string will whiff. but the point being that if they do try to jump....the s1 should catch them before they do so..and if they try to poke back a b3 will beat it....but you can try these options if you want and let me know how it goes. but tempest is still a good variation

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I agree with your perspective. I personally believe the nerf that Kung Lao should have got was for hat spin to no longer link into 44. Before he was a high damage, and in-your-face character. Now he`s neither.
But I`m not going to jump the gun and say he`s bad now. +8 still means the opponent can`t just carelessly challenge Lao pushback or not. So I`m taking a wait a see approach even if I can`t seem to get Lao`s offense working just yet.
wait the hat is still +12 not +8 right?

Banazama

Noob
precise as in execution. I have to lab it more. but if you read the back dash, you can catch them with b3. im not sure if a jump will always get them out either because. if you do it correctly. after the 112124 ex orbit hat. when the hat hits a properly time s1 will hit even with the added push back but the rest of the string will whiff. but the point being that if they do try to jump....the s1 should catch them before they do so..and if they try to poke back a b3 will beat it....but you can try these options if you want and let me know how it goes. but tempest is still a good variation
Never said the character was no longer good. I just thought the nerf would require new ways of continuing offense instead of just tightening execution of the old method.

wait the hat is still +12 not +8 right?
For whatever reason I thought it was +8 when I posted that lol. Hope I didn't make you panic about a stealth nerf or something.