What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao Kung Lao Kombos Thread (Buzzsaw)

Could anyone share some basic, meterless, non-running combos to do for laggy online matches? I can't seem to get the run combo down offline, much less online. What I'm doing right now are really basic.

b321 >> low hat for like 19%
44 >> ex spin, njp, j4 >> dive kick > throw for like 35% for one bar.

Outside of these, I rely on b321 >> low hat > f4 for early mixups. Sometimes I'll change up low hat to f4 and throws.

This is.. pretty much all I can figure out without running. Any help would be appreciated.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Could anyone share some basic, meterless, non-running combos to do for laggy online matches? I can't seem to get the run combo down offline, much less online. What I'm doing right now are really basic.

b321 >> low hat for like 19%
44 >> ex spin, njp, j4 >> dive kick > throw for like 35% for one bar.

Outside of these, I rely on b321 >> low hat > f4 for early mixups. Sometimes I'll change up low hat to f4 and throws.

This is.. pretty much all I can figure out without running. Any help would be appreciated.
go to 3:32

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's

Some "strategies" at the end, grabbing is great! Definitely good for mixups. Do a grab like after 11 or if you hit them with like a d3. I've also been doing f23 which the 2nd hit is a low. (Unfortunately it sucks on block.) What I've been doing if they anticipate the low after f2, is do just f2,Then do b2 because they expect the low
Thanks I find myself doing d3 a lot with him to get my opponent to stop blocking overhead, I usually follow with a throw.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Thanks I find myself doing d3 a lot with him to get my opponent to stop blocking overhead, I usually follow with a throw.
No problem! If you ever have any questions about anything definitely feel free to ask, one of us will answer! I'm going to be uploading any and all shit I find or am told with Kung Lao to my yt channel

Armour or backdash, 44 is a waste of a string outside of punishing tbh.
Same applies to F23, but the F2 by itself is good for tic throws and baiting D1s to punish with B321

The way Buzzsaw works is:

Low hats on hit grant you a free 11 string on block which they HAVE to block, cant armour, cant backdash, cant duck. IF they respect that, then you can start abusing low hats and overheads to regain advantage and rinse/repeat. Mixing in throws etc. You just gotta keep advantage from either a low hat, a D4 or an overhead into a low hat. Considering he doesnt really have a way to get big damage outside of whiff punishes.
Wow I had no idea about that free 11 off a hat confirm, I'll definitely be playing around with that from now on

Armour or backdash, 44 is a waste of a string outside of punishing tbh.
Same applies to F23, but the F2 by itself is good for tic throws and baiting D1s to punish with B321

The way Buzzsaw works is:

Low hats on hit grant you a free 11 string on block which they HAVE to block, cant armour, cant backdash, cant duck. IF they respect that, then you can start abusing low hats and overheads to regain advantage and rinse/repeat. Mixing in throws etc. You just gotta keep advantage from either a low hat, a D4 or an overhead into a low hat. Considering he doesnt really have a way to get big damage outside of whiff punishes.
After I get a hit on low hat do I have to walk or dash up 11? I'm messing around with it now and they seem to get pushed back to far for it to reach.

No. They can still backdash/armor through in between the two hits on block even if the first 4 connects.
Yeah I'm just now realizing that, I'd say don't use the string against people who have good reactions and know what they're doing. I have been getting miles out of it online so I'll just judge my opponents wisely.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
after the low hat wouldn't the pushback be perfect spacing for them to have to block a b2?

coolwhip

Noob
The pushback of a low hat on hit differs based on whether the string you used prior was blocked and only the low hat hit, or whether both the string and the low hat hit. It also depends on what string you used.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
The pushback of a low hat on hit differs based on whether the string you used prior was blocked and only the low hat hit, or whether both the string and the low hat hit. It also depends on what string you used.
so i have to react to either to any combonation of string/lowhat blocking or hitting and then adjust a follow up accordingly.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Some brain dead easy corner combos that are hit comfirmable for pretty heavy damage

In Corner 1 bar: JIP2 B321 EX Hat B321 Spin NJP2 DK Grab - 39%
In corner meterless: JIP2 44 1 1 1 11 Spin NJP2 DK Grab - 31%

Even easier to accomplish and loosing only 1%, just remove the DK.

Biggest corner combo I could do with x-ray was:
JIP2 44 B321 Spin NJP2 4 X-ray - 51%

Clark, can you update your first post to include the best combos for corner and midscreen so that newcomers can easily find the info?

As a final note, as someone else mentioned previously: on a punish with a dive kick in the corner(usually good punish if someone tries to zone you out), you can covert into standing 1 for a full juggle. Seems quite obvious, but might not be for some.

im having serious trouble choosing a variation. tempest is great because ex spin, but it has 0 mix ups and is easy to block. While buzzsaw doesn't have ex spin but down hat adds a bit of mix up. Which one do you guys choose?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
what is a really good meterless corner combo? i might know it already but hit me with what you got just in case!

also, thought of a bit of tech that can apply to any variation, in the corner you can whiff the first hit of 44 on a knocked down opponent and basically make the 2nd hit a meaty (meaty is the correct term right?)

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
im having serious trouble choosing a variation. tempest is great because ex spin, but it has 0 mix ups and is easy to block. While buzzsaw doesn't have ex spin but down hat adds a bit of mix up. Which one do you guys choose?
both are way strong. the ex spin for buzzsaw isn't bad either. Yes, tempest's spin is better, but it really depends which one you feel more comfortable with

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I wasntold that low hat was -6 on block. Wth. Im so confused. Gotta get to the crib and double check this pressure. I cant seem to get good with pressuring with this guy. And sitting around waiting to punish has only been so successful. I gain no meter lol