What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao Kung Lao Kombos Thread (Buzzsaw)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
after the low hat wouldn't the pushback be perfect spacing for them to have to block a b2?
B2 can be backdashed, but thats the point of getting people to respect 11 after a d4 or low hat on hit, if they try to armour, duck, backdash, jump or whatever, they can eat the 11212 hit confirm into spin. Then you can start doing B2s and more low hats etc.

is it only me or can u only do one df1 mb or non mb in a combo without the gravity making any further actions impossible? F23 - df1 - jump in 3 - dive kick- db321 - ex df1 not possible for me after the second df1 the gravity is just too high.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
is it only me or can u only do one df1 mb or non mb in a combo without the gravity making any further actions impossible? F23 - df1 - jump in 3 - dive kick- db321 - ex df1 not possible for me after the second df1 the gravity is just too high.
unless your in tempest and doing a mb spin, then you shouldnt be doing 2 spins in any of your combos.

I want to start playing some Kung Lao when I get back home today. Are the combos in the OP still relevant? or is there anywhere else I should look?

Thanks in advance :)

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
Only 1 Spin, same as only 1 NJP allowed.

then OP must update the combos cuz F2,3 - df1 - jump in 3, dive kick - b3,2,1 - ex df1 - straight jump 2 - d2 is listed as buzzsaw combo

Wasted

Noob
EX Straight Hat, run B321, etc.

Honestly, you only need to use meter in a combo if it starts with B321.

Corner: B321 xx EX Hat Throw (mid or up), B32 Spin, NJ2, ji3 Divekick, ender (throw, 21 or F14). Does around 38 to 40%.

Last edited:

Wasted

Noob
Only problem with that is if you connect B321 midscreen. You have to burn meter to get a decent corner carry, because you can't land spin from it midscreen.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
End b321 with a low spin. Always. On hit you get ~10% and they're knocked down in range for a b2 or a run up f23 or you can tele. On block they're too far to really do anything, and b2 is in range, or if you know theyre gonna jump you can land an easy d2. Don't use b321 to go into combos, use it as a means of being in the neutral

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
End b321 with a low spin. Always. On hit you get ~10% and they're knocked down in range for a b2 or a run up f23 or you can tele. On block they're too far to really do anything, and b2 is in range, or if you know theyre gonna jump you can land an easy d2. Don't use b321 to go into combos, use it as a means of being in the neutral
Not sure what you mean by this. B321 on jump in is pretty easy to convert into a full combo on confirm. B321 Ex-Hat Run B32 Spin etc. The Ex-Hat or Ex-Spin can be put really late in the string.

Theres alot of combos in here and im spending my one of my days off learning him. Whats his best combo off an aa spin and meterless midscreen?

I also see people saying to end combos in a throw. Arent they airborn after jk dk? Sorry if that sounds derpy lol im a total noob to lao

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Theres alot of combos in here and im spending my one of my days off learning him. Whats his best combo off an aa spin and meterless midscreen?

I also see people saying to end combos in a throw. Arent they airborn after jk dk? Sorry if that sounds derpy lol im a total noob to lao
In MKX, you can grab in the air. I suggest you don't always end in throw, they can tech it pretty easily. End with 21 to mix it up.

Ok is there something I'm doing wrong when trying to end my combos with 21 and it missing 70% of the time? I can never seem to land it! I miss it then I get hit by the opponents wake up attack.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
In the corner buzz saw can combo off of b321xx up hat with d1 meterless Edit: he can b321xx spin into normal up hat