What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@A F0xy Grampa or anyone . are you sure mkx will have same poke game /style as injustice then? , if so need to learn what that is and study up on it
The important thing to know is that backsdashes have invincibility for the first 3 or so frames, so pressuring someone isn't as linear as it is in MK9 (thank god). This opens up the game a lot and as a result most situations which leaves someone at a frame disadvantage become a big guessing game, as opposed to basically being forced to block like MK. Most pokes in Injustice are only slightly negative on block, some are lows, and some are even advantage on block.

D1's also link combo into specials in Injustice, although I am unsure as to whether this will be as universal in MKX, but I believe I've heard confirmations that some characters have the same thing. As of yet however, the only thing we know for sure is that backdashes have invincible frames.

The important thing to know is that backsdashes have invincibility for the first 3 or so frames, so pressuring someone isn't as linear as it is in MK9 (thank god). This opens up the game a lot and as a result most situations which leaves someone at a frame disadvantage become a big guessing game, as opposed to basically being forced to block like MK. Most pokes in Injustice are only slightly negative on block, some are lows, and some are even advantage on block.

D1's also link combo into specials in Injustice, although I am unsure as to whether this will be as universal in MKX, but I believe I've heard confirmations that some characters have the same thing. As of yet however, the only thing we know for sure is that backdashes have invincible frames.
ty phosferrax for the help mate :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've got a question after re-watching the trailer for the 83590372 time.

After Kung Lao does the IP Man punches, right before the it cuts to the next scene/character he does some sort of win pose type thing raising his arm in the air. He releases QC incredibly close to himself, unlike the usual grabs. What does that mean for this move?

Does that mean it's a command grab, combo string grab, Brutality, regular grab? Does anyone have an idea what's going on there or any guesses? I'm think combo string grab ender maybe.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.

After Kung Lao does the IP Man punches, right before the it cuts to the next scene/character he does some sort of win pose type thing raising his arm in the air. He releases QC incredibly close to himself, unlike the usual grabs. What does that mean for this move?

Does that mean it's a command grab, combo string grab, Brutality, regular grab? Does anyone have an idea what's going on there or any guesses? I'm think combo string grab ender maybe.
I am 100% sure that was a Brutaility.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

It's not a win pose, he's about to strike down on Quan Chi's torso.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I am 100% sure that was a Brutaility.
I was thinking either a combo string ender or a Brutality. I was thinking combo string since I could see them having a move like that use.

It could be a Brutality though because also it looks like QC's head falls off/collapse in itself/mutilated after he's done punching and then he poses directly on top of him.

I'm not one to use the fatalities much but if that ends up being his Brutality I'd use it damn near every match!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Anyone else notice apparently he has an EX dive kick this time around? Maybe he won't have EX teleport with ridiculous armor this time around.

I can tell his Buzzsaw style with hat placements will make for annoying set ups similar to Sektor's seeking missle in a way.

I wonder if Kitana will be a weakness for KL this time around too hmmm.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I was thinking either a combo string ender or a Brutality. I was thinking combo string since I could see them having a move like that use.

It could be a Brutality though because also it looks like QC's head falls off/collapse in itself/mutilated after he's done punching and then he poses directly on top of him.

I'm not one to use the fatalities much but if that ends up being his Brutality I'd use it damn near every match!
Either a throw or a command grab out of a string IMO.

Positive it's not a brutality, he's had moves that fast before.

BRUTALITY

Banned
Anyone else notice apparently he has an EX dive kick this time around? Maybe he won't have EX teleport with ridiculous armor this time around.

I can tell his Buzzsaw style with hat placements will make for annoying set ups similar to Sektor's seeking missle in a way.

I wonder if Kitana will be a weakness for KL this time around too hmmm.
he had ex dive last time

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
So from the Reptile trailer I noticed two pretty major things regarding Lao.

1. It appears as though his "get in for free" floating hat is an EX Low Hat (Keep in mind there is EX and MB moves).

2. It appears as though he can only teleport from the ground, or that is teleport is like Sektor's.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
One thing I noticed from tonight's stream was the properties of MB teleport. The teleport itself doesn't look MB'able but I noticed that Kung Lao flashed as he did teleport 1 (presumably) and bounced the opponent upwards for a true pop-up. Could this apply to all of his telelport follow-up commands?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Sooo, they added MB to his teleport throw, that bounces the opponent into a full combo.
They gave him teleport 3 again.
His ex spin sucks opponents in like Rufus in SF
He has sonya's cartwheel kicks which look overhead.
He has a hat shield(several variations) similar to Rose's ultra 2.
Still has his divekick shenanigans.
His normal hat throw looks faster.
He can slow down hats and keep them on screen(you can get a taste how gruesome that is playing vs a good Glacius in KI).

He also has a kitchen sink strapped to his ass, so I guess that covers it all.

Did I miss anything? It sure seems he has tools for any type of matchup. He also looks a lot more complete than the other characters.

hhhhhhhhhhhhateeee
rrrrrrrageeeeee
fffffffflaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeee

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Ya...I was waiting to get blown up for that. Hey at least I was right about the teleport
But you were also wrong about the hat in the reptile trailer being an enhanced low (the one that reptile x-rays through) :p

Plus the "100% sure" overrides anything else you were right about. For a penance, you must pledge your allegiance to Khrome

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
He looks like he has a lot of great tools so far.

I wonder how much hit/block stun the hat shield has. If it is a decent amount then using it with a teleport could give a really good pressure/get in option.

His divekick has a much smaller angle thank god, that along with the floaty jumps makes it look like Bird Lao won't be as prominent. I do wish he had a variation called Bird Lao though.