What's new

Kung Lao - Buff Suggestions

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Good argument! I haven't looked at it that way.
Z-Hat turns Kung Lao into a coin flip/oki/throw looping machine duder. It's super easy to enforce mixups with him. You should learn how the character functions before asking for buffs. I'd like to see some of his strings be safer but Hat Tricks isnt in need of changes.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with people demanding buffs and nerfs without properly labbing the characters in question. They act like they understand a lot more than they actually do

Zviko

Noob
Z-Hat turns Kung Lao into a coin flip/oki/throw looping machine duder. It's super easy to enforce mixups with him. You should learn how the character functions before asking for buffs. I'd like to see some of his strings be safer but Hat Tricks isnt in need of changes.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with people demanding buffs and nerfs without properly labbing the characters in question. They act like they understand a lot more than they actually do
Mix ups, sure. A character that has to rely on 1 button (F4) and throws is not a good character. Literally every single character can play like this in this game.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Mix ups, sure. A character that has to rely on 1 button (F4) and throws is not a good character. Literally every single character can play like this in this game.
If you can't mix up your opponent without a dedicated overhead/low then you need to play more and complain less.

Zviko

Noob
If you can't mix up your opponent without a dedicated overhead/low then you need to play more and complain less.
I can. That's what I'm saying. This is what Lao has to do because he doesn't have anything else. But you are talking like this is his special thing that is very strong. Maybe it's strong but it's not his special thing since you can play like that with every single character.

The difference is, most of them do it better because they have faster mids than Lao's F4 and they can usually continue the string, hit confirm it or just finish it and be safe.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I can. That's what I'm saying. This is what Lao has to do because he doesn't have anything else. But you are talking like this is his special thing that is very strong. Maybe it's strong but it's not his special thing since you can play like that with every single character.

The difference is, most of them do it better because they have faster mids than Lao's F4 and they can usually continue the string, hit confirm it or just finish it and be safe.
Few characters have throw loops WITH threat of KB coupled with a safe mid that can be confirmed into full combo which resets the situation. Come on

Wigy

There it is...

Characters can't finish their combos in a special that does lots of chip, leaves you double figures plus in their face, launches on wakeup and blows up everything but u3.

Also they don't sneeze and get 35%.

Making vague comparisons between characters isn't accurate or helpful

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Characters can't finish their combos in a special that does lots of chip, leaves you double figures plus in their face, launches on wakeup and blows up everything but u3.

Also they don't sneeze and get 35%.

Making vague comparisons between characters isn't accurate or helpful
Sure, ending combos. First you gotta open them up. And to do that you have to commit to something unsafe like F13 or D1 into random spin. Or else, or your damage comes only from that mix up.

And yes, almost every character can play like this. You just have to finish your combos with something that knocks down and it's close. Yes you sacrifice damage but it's worth it for that oki. Even Kung Lao. You are +29 if you finish your combo with F4. You don't even need Z hat for that. Yes it's good for countering wake ups and chip damage but you can just delay wake up. You are -1million anyway, at least you don't get chipped and he wastes meter. So that's another mix up that could be used against him.

I'd understand if he at least had KB on both his throws. But it's a stupid mechanic anyway. 50/50 throws and KBs on any 50/50s shouldn't be a thing anyway.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Sure, ending combos. First you gotta open them up. And to do that you have to commit to something unsafe like F13 or D1 into random spin. Or else, or your damage comes only from that mix up.

And yes, almost every character can play like this. You just have to finish your combos with something that knocks down and it's close. Yes you sacrifice damage but it's worth it for that oki. Even Kung Lao. You are +29 if you finish your combo with F4. You don't even need Z hat for that. Yes it's good for countering wake ups and chip damage but you can just delay wake up. You are -1million anyway, at least you don't get chipped and he wastes meter. So that's another mix up that could be used against him.

I'd understand if he at least had KB on both his throws. But it's a stupid mechanic anyway. 50/50 throws and KBs on any 50/50s shouldn't be a thing anyway.
There's a difference between getting oki and getting godlike oki.

Open people with throw, F4, whiff punishes, punishes and jump back divekick on reaction. I'm not saying Kung Lao is top 3 but. come. on.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Because Lao doesn't need fucking buffs dickhead. Jade mains asking for constant buffs every thread they fucking make is why ppl hate them, hell I'd rather see a million tier list threads before seeing a god damn buff thread when a patch came out only like a week ago so u should shut the fuck up clown
sure . nice twist of the main point . you said " How about discussing tech, how people play certain matchups and how people can improve their gameplay? Fighting game sites don’t only discuss buffs, nerfs and tier lists. "
i wasnt talking about kung lao specifically . But nice try .

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
sure . nice twist of the main point . you said " How about discussing tech, how people play certain matchups and how people can improve their gameplay? Fighting game sites don’t only discuss buffs, nerfs and tier lists. "
i wasnt talking about kung lao specifically . But nice try .
@DDutchguy said that not me. Get ur fucking facts right before trying to say I'm twisting something moron