What's new

General/Other - Shaolin Kung Jin (Shaolin) Discussion Thread

I've been playing since the patch trying to see if Shaolin got destroyed, but I still think he is strong. The only thing that hurt really bad was the scaling on upkick drop as a combo ender. I still think it's the best variation although I havnt messed with ancestral too much

Parasurama

Dragon
I've been playing since the patch trying to see if Shaolin got destroyed, but I still think he is strong. The only thing that hurt really bad was the scaling on upkick drop as a combo ender. I still think it's the best variation although I havnt messed with ancestral too much

Hi, but what about people who will punish the up kick? As it was the 6 frame moves used to try and punish me previously. It is fine for people who do not know the match, but what about people who know his game - risk vs reward is not in Shaolin's favor.

I agree and I used to abuse the upkick. I've just tried not to throw it out as much. I still use it for zoning combine with low Chakram for mind games. It definitely hurt him but I'm still finding success with him. I feel like he is kind of a zoning/space control character now.

Parasurama

Dragon
I agree and I used to abuse the upkick. I've just tried not to throw it out as much. I still use it for zoning combine with low Chakram for mind games. It definitely hurt him but I'm still finding success with him. I feel like he is kind of a zoning/space control character now.

Yes, I agree... he controls space. I still do ok bUT almost always have to outplay the opponent when playing against high damage output characters.