What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

Yes I need to know that different jump speed and different jip/njp.

I caught many players off-guard by instant njp on read but I know that is very minus on block so need to be careful with that. :)

I have too many moves/combos in my head yet so need to play to get used to it.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Soooo is kung jin any good ? whats his best var ? I kinda like shaolin but dunno if this var is good.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Soooo is kung jin any good ? whats his best var ? I kinda like shaolin but dunno if this var is good.
Shaolin is his best variation. Low charkam is really fuckin good. Arguebly top 10 variation.
Bojutsu has less zoning/anti-zoning tools (no chakram specials/strings) and loses the up-kick special but gains a meterless launcher, and 2 launching armor moves, one goes to 34% if it hits and the other is a low that launches but only in the corner.

Green Arrow variation blows so ignore that one unless you enjoy the engine fighting against you as well as the opponent.

Are there any bad MU'S For SLKUNGJIN ????
Do you play him?
If yes you will experience which character is more difficult.

I just started playing him but according to the records KL,Pred,Takeda might be difficult.

On paper there is a clear reason why it should be more difficult.

According to my tiny exp Tempest and Takeda is really difficult as they can shut down some of the options IF they are good.

Don't play Kung Jin but I'm curuous about something, I've heard many people say that his neutral jump punch is or was cheap or OP, why do they say that?

It's good but it has horrible whiffing issues, similar to Takeda's. That kind of evens it out. It's much worse than like Quan's or Raiden's.
Ah ok, but is it like a good combo starter or why do people say it's cheap? I mean what are its good points? Surely unless you can't block it then how would it be over powered?

Parasurama

Dragon
Don't play Kung Jin but I'm curuous about something, I've heard many people say that his neutral jump punch is or was cheap or OP, why do they say that?
It is not cheap as it is highly punishable. QC and maybe FT has the best in the game. But they call it cheap because you can counter poke for full combo due to range.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Ah ok, but is it like a good combo starter or why do people say it's cheap? I mean what are its good points? Surely unless you can't block it then how would it be over powered?
The whiffing issue he is talking about is how it doesn't have a hitbox right next to him in the air, so it gets beaten in air to airs which is what NJP's are usually good at.

People complain about it because of it's massive range for the most part. As for simply blocking it? If you do the NJP on the way down from his jump (specifically at the last possible frames) then it ends up being up to +9 (at least). The other good points are simply that it is an NJP so it does launch on hit, and it is done airborne which means it will beat out a lot of other moves just by making them whiff.

It is not cheap I am punished hard for a bad jip/njp.
However it is very good so using it well is a great benefit. But that should be okay that's a kung jin's strenght.

Other characters have other "cheap" moves too.

It's good but it has horrible whiffing issues, similar to Takeda's. That kind of evens it out. It's much worse than like Quan's or Raiden's.
It is not cheap as it is highly punishable. QC and maybe FT has the best in the game. But they call it cheap because you can counter poke for full combo due to range.
The whiffing issue he is talking about is how it doesn't have a hitbox right next to him in the air, so it gets beaten in air to airs which is what NJP's are usually good at.

People complain about it because of it's massive range for the most part. As for simply blocking it? If you do the NJP on the way down from his jump (specifically at the last possible frames) then it ends up being up to +9 (at least). The other good points are simply that it is an NJP so it does launch on hit, and it is done airborne which means it will beat out a lot of other moves just by making them whiff.
It is not cheap I am punished hard for a bad jip/njp.
However it is very good so using it well is a great benefit. But that should be okay that's a kung jin's strenght.

Other characters have other "cheap" moves too.
Ah ok I get it, so the range is what people complain about since you can do a follow up combo. So after the njp what do you guys follow up with? I tried f2,db3 which is a nice combo after the njp.

If you are plus enough you can do any mixup you want (but depends on the range: on B1 range it is a good opportunity to do both).
When I feel not that plus I usually check with D3/D4 and with that low profile move I poke in often.

Doing a successful Njp or JiP is a strong play and Kung Jin is a good character for doing it.
Opponnent also knows it so need to be careful. It is not a dumb op tool to abuse it too much. But obviously a strong one.
Bad players just suck but good players are on the other side of the ... :)

Trustypatches

Ah ok I get it, so the range is what people complain about since you can do a follow up combo. So after the njp what do you guys follow up with? I tried f2,db3 which is a nice combo after the njp.
Depends what variation you are playing. An easy follow up in shaolin which does good damage and ends in the hard knock would be NJP, divekick, run 34 xx upkick, shaolin drop. If you didn't have stamina/don't want to bother with the run you can just replace 34 with b21.

Trustypatches

Piercing Mileena, Acidic Alien, Wrestler Jax, Shinnok
I'm curious why you think these? Not saying I disagree, the only MU out of these I get to play at a good level is against foxy's mileena really and a few times with 1man3letters. I personally don't see that MU as particularly bad for any specific reason, just mileena is really good at controlling the neutral which Shaolin normally excels at.

Do you mean imposter for Shinnok btw? Because I personally feel Shaolin does well against BS but I never get to play vs an imposter in the EU.

Depends what variation you are playing. An easy follow up in shaolin which does good damage and ends in the hard knock would be NJP, divekick, run 34 xx upkick, shaolin drop. If you didn't have stamina/don't want to bother with the run you can just replace 34 with b21.
I don't know which variation to choose, bojitsu,shaolin or ancestral. Any recommendations?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I'm curious why you think these? Not saying I disagree, the only MU out of these I get to play at a good level is against foxy's mileena really and a few times with 1man3letters. I personally don't see that MU as particularly bad for any specific reason, just mileena is really good at controlling the neutral which Shaolin normally excels at.

Do you mean imposter for Shinnok btw? Because I personally feel Shaolin does well against BS but I never get to play vs an imposter in the EU.
Mileena controls where KJ controls but better. B12 breaks armor. I have to use armor to get out of the staggers. Have to.

How well do you do against those Mileena because if you are going even then you gotta teach me. She has a tool for every situation.

Trustypatches

I don't know which variation to choose, bojitsu,shaolin or ancestral. Any recommendations?
Depends what you want, Shaolin is a great character and does really well across the whole cast. Easier to play than the other variations too. Not much execution required as well which is nice. There are reasons to use Boj though, such as the really good armor game he has. I couldn't tell you what to play, other than recommend not to main ancestral, more play it for fun imo.