What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Dude WTF! Check these vids out. Look at the inputs and watch what comes out. This happened to me during the beta too and I thought I was rusty and or casulty of rollback. I'm calling bullshit but I want your thoughts before my class action lawsuit. Has this happened to anybody else? I'm able to recreate if I keep doing it. These are just the instances that I recorded as proof. I have negative edge off and no weird settings that can explain it.

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
Dude WTF! Check these vids out. Look at the inputs and watch what comes out. This happened to me during the beta too and I thought I was rusty and or casulty of rollback. I'm calling bullshit but I want your thoughts before my class action lawsuit. Has this happened to anybody else? I'm able to recreate if I keep doing it. These are just the instances that I recorded as proof. I have negative edge off and no weird settings that can explain it.

This has been happening to me as well i thought i was just pressing the directional inputs for upkick in too early.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew

The inadvertent up arrow happens to me sometimes as well. I always thought it was execution error rather than a bug, but this vid shows it may indeed be a bug

Redux

Ex Phase
I made a post about it and noticed if I was wearing headphones the audio would crack when it happened. I just saw this on twitter from jagoblake.

https://twitter.com/RMxJagoBlake/status/706974437577461761

I don't think I'm crazy. Something weird going on.
Yeah it's happened to me too. it's a controller bluetooth issue of sorts because it disconnects randomly midmatch, I notice it because it happens when I'm talking to people in a party and the audio cuts out. I can't imagine this happening in tournament setting and it probably already has.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I'm thinking about picking up KJ especially since I'm used to using long ranged NJP's to punish certain pokes :DOGE
I just wish Ancestral was more viable, but I'm willing to learn Shaolin If that's what it takes.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I'm thinking about picking up KJ especially since I'm used to using long ranged NJP's to punish certain pokes :DOGE
I just wish Ancestral was more viable, but I'm willing to learn Shaolin If that's what it takes.
You on xbox? I'm glad to help out in any way but we can play some too if you're on xb1

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

I believe in the first video you're doing 2,d,b+3 so fast after the b+1 that the b+1 isn't out yet so the 2 input doesn't register as b+1,2. Input leniency is giving you b+1,d,b+2,3 which will do b+1~up arrow and then show the dead input 3. Try this: do standing 1 then 2,d,b VERY quickly. You will get 1~up arrow. That's basically what's happening when you're doing b+1,2,d,b+3 too fast.

In the second video you're doing b+1,2,d,b and then 3 too late so the window to special cancel b+1,2 has closed and you're getting b+1,2,3. You can try doing b+1,2 then wait and do d,b+4. The input log shows b+1,2,d,b+4 and nothing comes out because you didn't special cancel in time. You just get b+1, 2 because there is no b+1,2,4 move.

I can recreate the input log showing these inputs and getting these results by intentionally going for the timing I'm describing above. The input log doesn't show the whole story, for example you could do 2,2 timing it so the second 2 is a dead input done during the active frames of the first 2 and he will do standing 2 instead of 2,2. It's just because you waited too long after the first 2.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Forgot to tell ya ggs the other day. I'm trying to find a solid secondary character that's y I only ran shaolin twice
No worries man. We can definitely play another time. But I'm looking too and can't seem to find another char that feels as good to play. But hopefully you don't have the same luck. Ggs.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I believe in the first video you're doing 2,d,b+3 so fast after the b+1 that the b+1 isn't out yet so the 2 input doesn't register as b+1,2. Input leniency is giving you b+1,d,b+2,3 which will do b+1~up arrow and then show the dead input 3. Try this: do standing 1 then 2,d,b VERY quickly. You will get 1~up arrow. That's basically what's happening when you're doing b+1,2,d,b+3 too fast.

In the second video you're doing b+1,2,d,b and then 3 too late so the window to special cancel b+1,2 has closed and you're getting b+1,2,3. You can try doing b+1,2 then wait and do d,b+4. The input log shows b+1,2,d,b+4 and nothing comes out because you didn't special cancel in time. You just get b+1, 2 because there is no b+1,2,4 move.

I can recreate the input log showing these inputs and getting these results by intentionally going for the timing I'm describing above. The input log doesn't show the whole story, for example you could do 2,2 timing it so the second 2 is a dead input done during the active frames of the first 2 and he will do standing 2 instead of 2,2. It's just because you waited too long after the first 2.
Noted. Believe me I know how scrubby it sounds to bitch about cancelling a string but MKXL is not running right on my ps4. I believe what you're saying is true and this isn't an OS but a lot of people are complaining about dropped frames during practice mode and online. In those videos I might have been off in my timing but It just doesn't feel right overall. I wouldn't have tried to recreate the issue if it was.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Not gonna lie I thought about it lol. But im torn between Ronin and SR it's tough to choose when ones got lightsabers and the other ones just plain badass.
Should just play both because why not? If I were you though, I would start with SR just to get a feel for the character since SR is a bit easier, but lets not discuss this in the KJ threads right?;)

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
How exactly are you going to punish long range pokes?:DOGE

The inadvertent up arrow happens to me sometimes as well. I always thought it was execution error rather than a bug, but this vid shows it may indeed be a bug
i get this "error" as well. if you guys suspect a bug it might be. i'm also having issues with b12 ex db1. 1 out 3 times it just doesnt come out.

I picked Shaolin 2 days ago and started learning it. So far I learnt his common combos but of course need more peactice to make it consistent and natural during a match. I spent my time in lab yet, today I go to gain some experience, too.

I have a practical question:

For jump in punch what should I use?
1?
I found it faster/more active time so probably yes.

When I played against my friend on day1 he always jumped too and won with his jp or jk (Ermac).
As I found KJ Jip timing should be different than others probably thats why I lost the air war.

Do you have any recommendation for it?

I need experience but I am collecting any useful data as well.

Last edited:

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
I picked Shaolin 2 days ago and started learning it. So far I learnt his common combos but of course need more peactice to make it consistent and natural during a match. I spent my time in lab yet, today I go to gain some experience, too.

I have a practical question:

For jump in punch what should I use?
1?
I found it faster/more active time so probably yes.

When I played against my friend on day1 he always jumped too and won with his jp or jk (Ermac).
As I found KJ Jip timing should be different than others probably thats why I lost the air war.

Do you have any recommendation for it?

I need experience but I am collecting any useful data as well.
For air to airs use ji1 if you need a little bit more range use ji2. Jik have priority over jip jsyk. Jins jump is slow and floaty in general so if you use a instant ji1 you can get punished very easy so use it sparingly.