What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin Kung Jin General Discussion Thread

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Don't know if it's been mentioned or not but I was curious why EX Low Chakram jails into it's second strike at some distances.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Are these your combos?
I found the ones I've posted except the midscreen one which Undeadjim found. All combos performed by Undeadjim for the Gif purpose from our practice/lab session. We found ways to increase damage with like 221 bf3 but it puts u in the corner position and isn't worth it.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
did you guys interpret what they said about Jin's changes to be anything different than what is already in the beta? I heard them say f4 is better on block, a couple strings that were +2 are now +1 or neutral, and that they fixed some of his whiffing issues on crouching opponents. The latter one interested me the most, because I think it may imply that they fixed upkick whiffing issues in shaolin.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
did you guys interpret what they said about Jin's changes to be anything different than what is already in the beta? I heard them say f4 is better on block, a couple strings that were +2 are now +1 or neutral, and that they fixed some of his whiffing issues on crouching opponents. The latter one interested me the most, because I think it may imply that they fixed upkick whiffing issues in shaolin.
Yeah, I heard about the big leg (sweep) buff and strings becoming more +, but not the whiffing issues getting fixed. Either way, sounds like great news for us! It would make up for the lack of Ancestral buffs.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I hit the f4 after timing the f243 wrong all the time. It looked plus and people blocked. Now it is plus and they have to. The backwards hurtbox on ex chakram is fair and universal changes to d1 are his nerfs. Other than that I feel good with my character choice. Proves we weren't cheap.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
[QUOTE="Ayase Chihaya, post: 2028609

[/QUOTE]
Hey I told Jim this after he showed me the midscreen one, you can actually do 34 after the s2 xx up arrow for a fair bit more damage (32% of a 221 starter). It should be just as easy to land 34 seeing as both s3 and s1 are 9 frames, but it does make the divekick after a bit harder to land. @Ayase Chihaya

Trustypatches

Yeah I heard them talk about a few of his strings that are +2 going to +1. I assume they mean S1 (+2) being nerfed to +1, because his best strings on block (if I remember) is 221 (-1)and then it's b123 (-2).

If upkick whiff is fixed I will be really happy, but honestly I'm kind of amazed Jin's jump attacks are being left alone lol.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Yeah I heard them talk about a few of his strings that are +2 going to +1. I assume they mean S1 (+2) being nerfed to +1, because his best strings on block (if I remember) is 221 (-1)and then it's b123 (-2).

If upkick whiff is fixed I will be really happy, but honestly I'm kind of amazed Jin's jump attacks are being left alone lol.
At first I thought Paulo was talking about s1 too, but then I remembered that s1 is -2 on block.

Trustypatches

anyone who has downloaded the patch notice anything worth mentioning?
f4 (stepkick) is now +4. With a 22 frame start up it will only really be viable to use off a 11 or 34 reset off ex chakram... but still not really worth using as it will only guarantee a d1/d4 afterwards (which could still be armored obviously). Although they talked about some of his +2's being nerfed, all of his s1, u1 and s4 are still +2. None of his strings frames appear to have changed whatsoever.

221 still has the gap in shaolin, as well as ex chakram if anyone was wondering.

After minor testing on scorpion alone, I can say upkick still whiffs on block after b12, b123, f24 and f243.

Third hit of 111 seems to not whiff (small amount of testing on scorpion).

Will say if I find anything else!

Due to normal's doing less chip, his full blockstrings into upkick shaolin drop do 6.5% chip instead of 7.13%. Because most of his chip is being done by specials, this doesn't affect him much. Still builds the same meter.

Last edited:

Trustypatches

Does his EX Straight arrow and EX up arrow still whiff on crouching opponents?
Ex up arrow is exactly the same, meaning it will still not hit crouch block opponents. Ex straight arrow is still the same, meaning that only a few characters can still make both arrows whiff (Cassie for example) with crouch block.

Last edited:

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
The other thing I noticed was his njp went from -8 to -11, but +48 on hit. Other than that, he seems to be relatively safe from significant nerfs. Nothing different from what I've seen with Ancestral though. :(

Btw, I'm really digging his new alt. He looks cockier somehow, if that's even possible, lol.

Last edited:

Masta

Noob
The other thing I noticed was his njp went from -8 to -11, but +48 on hit. :(
what??? really? i just play a few games and noticed that its easier to follow up after the neutral jump on hit but i dont know the real changes, just wait the patch note

Trustypatches

The other thing I noticed was his njp went from -8 to -11, but +48 on hit. Other than that, he seems to be relatively safe from significant nerfs. Nothing different from what I've seen with Ancestral though. :(

Btw, I'm really digging his new alt. He looks cockier somehow, if that's even possible, lol.
That's interesting, thanks for pointing that out. I will check how + late njp is tomorrow in that case. Latest njp jailed into d4 last patch, will see if that has changed.

Update: I checked and it appears his late njp is still the same as I can still jail a d4.

Last edited:

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
what??? really? i just play a few games and noticed that its easier to follow up after the neutral jump on hit but i dont know the real changes, just wait the patch note
Just going by his new frame data. It does feel like it's easier/faster to followup after njp now. Don't know if that's actually the case.