What's new

KTF Ep. 6 (I Don't Care) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who is the best of the following "shitters"?

• Joker

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Ares

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Arrow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

coolwhip

Noob
Cyborg got top 32 at both evo's Kappa
Cyborg has been pretty much tapped out in tech and he requires the same thing most of the bottom 5 needs, luck in pools, and the corner. Little bit of zoning depending on the MU. To say that he is a better character if sonic fox beats some dudes I find irrelevant. As pig said, skill will prevail.
I think it's pretty rich to suggest that a character who hasn't even had much representation is fleshed out, and things aren't all about tech. He wouldn't necessarily be higher on the tier list if Sonic Fox beats some dudes, but it would prove that he can compete better than many thought, if it proves to be the case.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
This is so Bullshit.

The Nightwing community NEVER said he was low. Go back and find one post of a Nightwing player saying Nightwing was low tier. It didn't happen.

People started jumping on the "Let's troll Nighwing players" bandwagon and started putting words in everyone's mouths. Sajam, myself, Fly, and others have all been adamant for a LONG time that he was an upper mid character. Hell, I even said he was top 10 before DLC.

In one thread a while back I literally posted someone blowing up the nightwing community for downplaying, then five posts down another person blowed the Nightwing community up for Upplaying.

Which one is it? The fact of the matter is, I don't think any of you trolling assholes (Not you directly lol) know.
I'm not saying every nightwing main thought he was, but there used to be a lot of shit talk about how he has no mobility in staff which is why he's bad and that he has no options to open you up in escrima which is why he's bad. There was even a topic on KTP because there was a split among NW mains some saying he was good others saying he was trash.

I can think of nothing worse than looking through the NW forums and seeing post after post of people with tape measures next to their dicks.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think it's pretty rich to suggest that a character who hasn't even had much representation is fleshed out, and things aren't all about tech. He wouldn't necessarily be higher on the tier list if Sonic Fox beats some dudes, but it would prove that he can compete better than many thought, if it proves to be the case.
This makes no sense.

He can compete, showcase relaxed state. 1 hit from being a guy that got a medal

What is this argument?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
No one is saying anyone has ever blamed a loss to a bad match up, you guys are saying whoever says that is a mediocre player. Sorry @rev0lver you're a mediocre player that uses the Zod MU as a crutch. Sorry Bit you're a mediocre player because you said you had no chance against Superman. Sorry to whoever had to play an 8-2 match up in tournament, you're just mediocre players.
#Logic
There are exceptions of course. Some matchups are just going to be an extreme struggle no matter how good you are or how hard you work. But I think outside the Zod thing my losses are due to my shortcomings as a player. I think doomsday 6-4's my character, but I still should have beaten Noobe at nec. It's my fault.

As far as naming names goes, people just don't want to put others on blast publicly sometimes. but I do disagree with some talking points in the show, I think some characters are underexplored, but I think others are beyond redemption.

coolwhip

Noob
This makes no sense.

He can compete, showcase relaxed state. 1 hit from being a guy that got a medal

What is this argument?
That perhaps he'd be even better if played by the right person with the right dedication? Not saying Relaxed isn't good, he obviously is, but you seem to think that the best representative for every character (and in this case, it's not someone who stuck with him, though I obviously can't fault Relaxed for changing) is the best possible representative. Relaxed got within a hit of getting a medal, but I'd venture a guess that say, Chris G mained Cyborg and took him seriously, he would be getting medals. Now, you could say Chris G is a freak, and you'd be right. But my whole point is the scene is too small, and we don't have legit super top players maining these low tiers.

How the hell does that make no sense?

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
People in general didn't blow up the Nightwing community for being upplayers or downplayers, they were blown up for being clinically insane and pretty unbearable. Except Fly, he's the man <3 :DOGE

PS: Whoever brought up the Nightwing community, I hate you.

PPS: Saucy Jack's offer still stands. Get that free money.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That perhaps he'd be even better if played by the right person with the right dedication? Not saying Relaxed isn't good, he obviously is, but you seem to think that the best representative for every character (and in this case, it's not someone who stuck with him, though I obviously can't fault Relaxed for changing) is the best possible representative. Relaxed got within a hit of getting a medal, but I'd venture a guess that say, Chris G mained Cyborg and took him seriously, he would be getting medals. Now, you could say Chris G is a freak, and you'd be right. But my whole point is the scene is two small, and we don't have legit super top players maining these low tiers.

Aquaman would be better if someone better than THEO played him too, get back on the real subject.

Dont generalize us into some bullshit you want to make up.

That perhaps he'd be even better if played by the right person with the right dedication? Not saying Relaxed isn't good, he obviously is, but you seem to think that the best representative for every character (and in this case, it's not someone who stuck with him, though I obviously can't fault Relaxed for changing) is the best possible representative. Relaxed got within a hit of getting a medal, but I'd venture a guess that say, Chris G mained Cyborg and took him seriously, he would be getting medals. Now, you could say Chris G is a freak, and you'd be right. But my whole point is the scene is two small, and we don't have legit super top players maining these low tiers.

. But my whole point is the scene is two small, and we don't have legit super top players maining these low tiers.
two small
confirmed pooping.....small one too

coolwhip

Noob
OK and to finally answer "who blames the character for their shortcomings?" are we really pretending SonicBoomBrad didn't happen? Are we really pretending CD Jr taking his week 1 Flash to one tournament, getting bodied, claiming Flash sucked, and moving on the next character before going through the same spiel again before finally settling on just blaming the game altogether? Are we pretending that simply saying "Injustice has shit balance" and complaining about that all day (I'm not going to name names because this thread is already getting out of hand, but PLEASE don't tell me they don't exist) is not some way to justify losses? I mean, are we being that naive?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Did everyone get their wish granted from Santa? or at least get awesome gifts?
I got a capture card so now I'll be streaming and shit. Feel free to follow me here and be notified of when I'm online and also here on my YT where I'll probably redo all my tech videos in high quality at some point and maybe upload some archives.

I'm not ashamed to be self-promoting right now BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN THE INSANELY IRRELEVANT (ooh alliteration) ARGUMENT THAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

Also follow me here on Twitter.

coolwhip

Noob
Aquaman would be better if someone better than THEO played him too, get back on the real subject.

Dont generalize us into some bullshit you want to make up.
What a terrible argument. Jesus. Yeah, maybe if someone better than Theo mained Aquaman, that person would dominate even more, but we know that Aquaman can compete (understatement of the century, lol) because someone who was awesome at the game showed his potential. Did you not see Tom Brady's results with Aquaman? Yeah they weren't that good. With hese other characters, we may not know how well they can compete because some of the players maining them are not elite. Are you really debating that?

That IS the real subject. You know why I know, because we're the ones who brought it on OUR podcast. If you misinterpreted it, that's your problem.

Nobody generalized YOU as someone who complains because nobody brought you up. You just played the victim card because you're so used to it and thought it was directed at you. Please show me where you were singled out on the podcast.

Now, yes, if I do believe if we had a bigger scene with more top players, and some mained Ares, they would do better. Not sure why that offends you so much.

I got a capture card so now I'll be streaming and shit. Feel free to follow me here and be notified of when I'm online and also here on my YT where I'll probably redo all my tech videos in high quality at some point and maybe upload some archives.

I'm not ashamed to be self-promoting right now BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN THE INSANELY IRRELEVANT (ooh alliteration) ARGUMENT THAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

Also follow me here on Twitter.
-15 points

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK and to finally answer "who blames the character for their shortcomings?" are we really pretending SonicBoomBrad didn't happen? Are we really pretending CD Jr taking his week 1 Flash to one tournament, getting bodied, claiming Flash sucked, and moving on the next character before going through the same spiel again before finally settling on just blaming the game altogether? Are we pretending that simply saying "Injustice has shit balance" and complaining about that all day (I'm not going to name names because this thread is already getting out of hand, but PLEASE don't tell me they don't exist) is not some way to justify losses? I mean, are we being that naive?
You know longer have say in the matter, this involves the shitters and thats what we have been arguing this whole time. You sir are done. Tell me bottom 5'ers.

What a terrible argument. Jesus. Yeah, maybe if someone better than Theo mained Aquaman, that person would dominate even more, but we know that Aquaman can compete (understatement of the century, lol) because someone who was awesome at the game showed his potential. Did you not see Tom Brady's results with Aquaman? Yeah they weren't that good. With hese other characters, we may not know how well they can compete because some of the players maining them are not elite. Are you really debating that?

That IS the real subject. You know why I know, because we're the ones who brought it on OUR podcast. If you misinterpreted it, that's your problem.

Nobody generalized YOU as someone who complains because nobody brought you up. You just played the victim card because you're so used to it and thought it was directed at you. Please show me where you were singled out on the podcast.

Now, yes, if I do believe if we had a bigger scene with more top players, and some mained Ares, they would do better. Not sure why that offends you so much.
Why do I have to post the same thing over and over, just copy and paste a long post I made before to blow this up.
Its a problem if 5 people talk about it on skype? lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is so Bullshit.

The Nightwing community NEVER said he was low. Go back and find one post of a Nightwing player saying Nightwing was low tier. It didn't happen.

People started jumping on the "Let's troll Nighwing players" bandwagon and started putting words in everyone's mouths. Sajam, myself, Fly, and others have all been adamant for a LONG time that he was an upper mid character. Hell, I even said he was top 10 before DLC.

In one thread a while back I literally posted someone blowing up the nightwing community for downplaying, then five posts down another person blowed the Nightwing community up for Upplaying.

Which one is it? The fact of the matter is, I don't think any of you trolling assholes (Not you directly lol) know.
Can I call bull shit on bull shit?

The NW community absolutely did think he was a shitter and couldn't do well. They said he was fully explored and that there is nothing I could do to magically make him better.

I suggested fundamentals would make him better (staff footsies) and instead everyone was looking for standing resets for months.

If Tom and sub is an example of prop fishing than the NW community has historically been the example of excuse making. Murk and I and now elite are the only exceptions and this is only in the past 6-9 months. (You as well to a lesser extent).

coolwhip

Noob
You know longer have say in the matter, this involves the shitters and thats what we have been arguing this whole time. You sir are done. Tell me bottom 5'ers.
LOL what the fuck? The concept is the same.

But fine, I'll go ahead and say it:

"Injustice has no footsies."

"Bane has the worst design in fighting game history and he beats Green Arrow 8-2" before learning the match-up and being helped by Bane mains.

"Injustice has shit balance."

Statements (REPEATEDLY) made by a low tier hero, who incidentally, did well in tournament recently when he stopped being emo. Go figure.

PS: When Jack says "top tier, low tier, none of this matters," he's explicitly not limiting it to shitters, thus making your above argument dumb.

PPS: Don't tell me what I have a say on when I'm the one on the podcast knowing what we mean and you're the one failing to see the point.

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can I call bull shit on bull shit?

The NW community absolutely did think he was a shitter and couldn't do well. They said he was fully explored and that there is nothing I could do to magically make him better.

I suggested fundamentals would make him better (staff footsies) and instead everyone was looking for standing resets for months.

If Tom and sub is an example of prop fishing than the NW community has historically been the example of excuse making. Murk and I and now elite are the only exceptions and this is only in the past 6-9 months. (You as well to a lesser extent).
Lulzlou was godlike before all of your times. But you can call bs, I remember hella downplaying.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not saying every nightwing main thought he was, but there used to be a lot of shit talk about how he has no mobility in staff which is why he's bad and that he has no options to open you up in escrima which is why he's bad. There was even a topic on KTP because there was a split among NW mains some saying he was good others saying he was trash.

I can think of nothing worse than looking through the NW forums and seeing post after post of people with tape measures next to their dicks.
I agree (I admit the fun I had egging them on)

People in general didn't blow up the Nightwing community for being upplayers or downplayers, they were blown up for being clinically insane and pretty unbearable. Except Fly, he's the man <3 :DOGE

PS: Whoever brought up the Nightwing community, I hate you.

PPS: Saucy Jack's offer still stands. Get that free money.
At first I was going to say thank you...then saw the troll face and now I say fuck you. <3 :DOGE

-15 points
confirmed pooping.....small one too
You can stop now your turn is over.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
LOL what the fuck? The concept is the same.

But fine, I'll go ahead and say it:

"Injustice has no footsies."

"Bane has the worst design in fighting game history and he beats Green Arrow 8-2" before learning the match-up and being helped by Bane mains.

"Injustice has shit balance."

Statements (REPEATEDLY) made by a low tier hero, who incidentally, did well in tournament recently when he stopped being emo. Go figure.

PS: When Jack says "top tier, low tier, none of this matters," he's explicitly not limiting it to shitters, thus making your above argument dumb.

PPS: Don't tell me what I have a say on when I'm the one on the podcast knowing what the fuck we're taling
He said joker, not generalizing it to all tiers. He specified shitters. You are bad at this

coolwhip

Noob
He said joker, not generalizing it to all tiers. He specified shitters. You are bad at this
It was an example. Holy shit. How could you not see this? The point is not explicitly limited to the Joker. He just named the Joker as an example. In case you didn't notice, the question didn't single out any character. It was about low tiers and the perception around them. Jack's point was that it doesn't matter if a character is top tier or low tier, you should still be able to outplay most players if you're good enough, with the exception of a few match-ups. His particular point is not limited to any character.

Seriously, don't take shots when you can't understand basic English...and that's coming from someone from Damascus.

PS: I just gave you an example of someone who did what you asked about. Don't conveniently ignore it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lulzlou was godlike before all of your times. But you can call bs, I remember hella downplaying.
If anyone brings up lulzlou again stab me in the eyeball.

Everyone was better than me at the begining of the games life. I didn't play seriously till 1 month before KIT 2014 where I went 0-2 in KI and 1-2 in Injustice.

Lou is 1000% irrelevant and has been the entire lifespan of this game. I hope to see him in MKX with Kabal.

coolwhip

Noob
So wait, to sum it up, according to @Mr Aquaman, low tier characters have been fully fleshed out, there's nothing to improve on, all their match-ups are set in stone, and have been extensively grinded out a high level offline? Because it takes unbelievable arrogance to believe that.