What's new

Kryptonite Academy Debuts Episode 1 - Solomon Grundy Tutorial Basic and Advanced Tactics

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I actually have some tech with Superman that I found before MMH came out. But others are much more qualified to do Supes than me. I could help REO though if needed with MMH.

SZSR

Noob
Just wondering, if the game changes during the Kryptonite Academy's run, will you update the videos?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
This was awesome. I'm going to steal that jump in to mb b3/f3 shit. I can't wait to do Raven's and force my endless knowledge upon everyone!:D

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just wondering, if the game changes during the Kryptonite Academy's run, will you update the videos?
This is a huge fear/reason why I waited so long to do it

2 years ago I had just finished my CSz 45 min tutorial , 4 days later P A T C H E D. All the cool stuff CSz had was gone.

I figured I'd do one or two and do a single update video if any changes to those 1-2

In the future is do one large update video if many were changed

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I appreciate your consideration AK Pig Of The Hut but I wouldn't feel right taking the credit for all the tech pushed out by

Sajam
TakeAChance
AssassiN

These three guys are the biggest providers of Nightwing combos and tech. Every week these three are posting something new. As soon as they find their way out of the Batcave and out to some majors, they'll be waking people up. You want a good show? These are the most knowledgeable Nightwing players in the community. I steal all my good shit from them.

Tomorrow is the last day of my summer semester. I'll be putting out a lot of matchup information with regards to Nightwing on my twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/NightwingDayZero), as well as all day casuals either everyday or every other day. I'll be glad to do a portion of the Academy with regards to matchup specifics, but the guys I listed above will give you all that I could and more when it comes to tech and optimized combos.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
great vid guys , i love the MB trait stuff its gonna help me loads
on the MB walking corpse in the corner another reset would be 112 MB swamp hands ji2 MB walking corpse OR 112 MB swamp hands ji2 f2 MB walking corpse , i say these 2 because after these on all characters you can do d2 11 MB swamp hands reset again.... options for days :)

Concerning patches etc. I would not worry since a lot of the material covered should be used as a primer to using each character and not an end all be all. I do like these character focuses for people that refute their own characters being good or legitimate choices. Also, it is fun to see other players jump in and add more to the video through comments.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
This is really great Pig, it's the type of thing I want more of out of the FGC. Thorough breakdowns of characters and their moves sets, setups, matchups, etc. Although it's still long, to some this is much more ideal than reading through tons of pages of threads and figuring everything out themselves. Especially when you're a new player and already really overwhelmed by just taking on the task of the learning the basics of fighting games.

Again, great work. I'll be tuning in to all these and although I main Grundy I'm going to watch this and see if there's anything I can learn.

- If there's any way you can make time stamps for these videos I'd think that'd be really helpful. Even for those who watch the entire thing, it helps to be able to find a certain part that we want to focus on and get to it without having to scan through a lot of the video.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I need people ONLY on this show who know it all or most and that do consider themselves know it alls of their character and also can play w it at a high level

I want teachers

I want people to learn from this and help the game grow
I've been writing and updating a guide for Bane since the day Injustice came out. I also got 5th place at the last tournament I traveled to in Dallas, losing only to Black Adam. I post sets with Bane multiple times per week so you can see how I play if you want and I live in Houston and train with the KH guys so I do understand the game at a high level. Cat, Showtime, FCP/EMP SCAR can tell you about my Bane.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
4-6 Aquaman
4-6 Batman
4-6 Deathstroke (5-5 if managed to land defense trait)
3-7 Green Lantern
4-6 Ares
2-8 Black Adam
4-6 Flash
3-7 Hawkgirl
1-9 Superman (I thought it was 3-7 but Tyrant and LoTF say worse)
1-9 Cyborg
3-7 Wonder Woman

I am glad that this video came out but dont get it twisted, Grundy needs buffs.