What's new

Kotal Kahn Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Just wanted to say that I got over the fact that Kotal Kahn switched from bird to cat from one game to another. Sure, I wish he was a cat since the beginning, or better than he was still a bird here, but I'm still imagining the potential of a character who sometimes turns into a beast midfight.He needs to have a fatality in jaguar form, for sure.

Here's some history of why he turns into a jaguar
I love how they're really using the aztec culture to make Kotal Kahn as an unique, brutal and powerful character. For the aztecs, the god Tezcatlipoca was the creator of universe. He turns into a Jaguar and can see everything through an obsidian mirror. An elite group of aztec warriors (ocēlōmeh) dressed like Jaguars due this . The fatality is inspired by a sacrifice to Tezcatlipoca too. A captive warrior was placed on a sacrifice stone, and crushed to death by ocēlōmeh. The command grab animation is all about anthropophagy. The aztecs ate human flesh of powerful enemies. They believed this practice would make them stronger. Damn, NRS... you guys are doing a wonderful job.

Here's images from MKX where it shows he was already intended to turn into a jaguar.

He was supposed to be able to do that in MKX, but I guess they didn't have the means at the time.
Glad to see they managed to do it now though.

And here it shows that he does have a jaguar fatality.
Judging by the name, looks like his 2nd fatality will indeed be animality like, or involves him turning into the jaguar at least

Last edited:
I just want people to let me have my opinions, since they're based on FACTS. (Fact: he has a bird-themed base outfit. Fact: he turns into a jaguar.)
his outfit isn't bird themed, it is based on Aztec tribal design. Nightwolf has feathers on his hat as well, does that make him a bird?! He still turns into a wolf. Besides feathers Kotal has a lot of fangs and animal claws on him, and snakes on his sickle like daggers. You can even customize him to have different animal based hats ( like the bear one we saw). That is why nobody can understand what you are on about)

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
I will only lab Kotal Khan... I will convince my kids he's the bad guy and keep beating his ass in practice mode... u just wait u annoying piece of <3 :D

D

Deleted member 59910

1) I already knew all of those things, sorry you had to write a wall of text for nothing.

2) He still has a bird-themed base outfit while he turns into a different animal, and that still bothers me as a confused design. It's incredibly frustrating when someone doesn't accept something that simple. That's my opinion. Not sorry.

I doubt we have anything else to add to this.
He is a mix of the aztec culture and gods. He doesn’t need a restricted design concept, cause he is not intended to be the “bird god” or “the jaguar god”. He is intended to be all that mixed. I super doubt that you already knew the history. You’re just talking bullshit as always.

You know what I hate? The song "I'm Like a Bird" by Nelly Furtado. It's okay if anyone else likes it but for me it's torture. That's what is is now, right? A forum where we come to argue about bird related things and how they make us feel?

In all seriousness I hope that I kan make a loadout that features totems, his forward 2 from MKX and the command grab and it's competitively viable. The whole time I played MKX I mained Sun God and wished that it had totems.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
As I did some 'hype-calculation' it seems that Kotal is 1st on my list now. With Kollector and Jade being 2nd and 3rd. It's crazy how fast he became one of my favourites even despite his poor development in the MKX story.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I wish his headgear was customizable instead of his totems. Really makes you wonder why they decided against it. :(

Does anyone know what his fourth Totem does? (The ones i know is Damage Up / Drain Meter / LIfesteal). Also i wonder if you can stack Totems like Banes Venom i.e can you summon the second Totem to refresh the first or can you only summon em all at once.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
So, do any of you Kotal Khan mains want to talk about his tournament variations, or is it spoilers blah blah blah?
Every other general is discussing theirs, I don't see why not.

Anyway, there's a grab/uppercut/sunbeam variation which means Sun God is in which means my ideal variation is already tournament friendly for all time. Nice. 0 interest in catting it up.

Every other general is discussing theirs, I don't see why not.

Anyway, there's a grab/uppercut/sunbeam variation which means Sun God is in which means my ideal variation is already tournament friendly for all time. Nice. 0 interest in catting it up.
The CG Version looks solid (God Ray is the straight beam i asume) im just worried cuz he has zero mobility and we can´t compare it to sungod cuz there is no longer armor on the CG.

The Jaguar Version has lots of mobility but i dont think it does lots of damage (anyone know the effect of Eztli Totem? I asume its the damage one).

Status
Not open for further replies.