• Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
dont worry though, kotal has fantastic zoning

his sun disc is + on block and its mid so that makes him great :^)

Okay I just started learning Kotal Kahn like 2 weeks ago and I wanted to know if I'm doing something that's okay

Blood God variation:
I do B14, Obsidian God (or the totem that reduces damage) and go on to do a mix-up with F34 sunray (middle or close). Is this tech that is viable to use in Blood God or do I need more work in the lab?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Okay I just started learning Kotal Kahn like 2 weeks ago and I wanted to know if I'm doing something that's okay

Blood God variation:
I do B14, Obsidian God (or the totem that reduces damage) and go on to do a mix-up with F34 sunray (middle or close). Is this tech that is viable to use in Blood God or do I need more work in the lab?
extremely punishable on block

114 and 4 are your only safe means of getting a totem out on block. I'm not sure about b14 on hit but it's only +5 so i can't imagine too much coming from it.

extremely punishable on block

114 and 4 are your only safe means of getting a totem out on block. I'm not sure about b14 on hit but it's only +5 so i can't imagine too much coming from it.
Any ways to use a different setup then?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Any ways to use a different setup then?
use throw and 212 probably

throw has enough frame advantage for totem and then some, and vs a few characters he can get out a sun ray as well

212 is decent for ending with a close HKD into totem for an attempt at pressuring if you don't want to let them get away

Kotal's b2 is so awful, ugh. Doesn't even low crush like the animation might suggest; if you get hit by anything, the game registers you as standing, so you can get full combo'd on the start-up through the entire thing.

IMO to better balance out War God's massive gains, he should lose more than just the parry. Take away Sun Ray and Blood Offering to give you better incentive to choose other variations, with small recovery improvements to make them more appealing to use in general.
no way. war god kotal is fair and the only variation done right. sun god and blood god variation lacks tools to be nothing more than a gimmick.

the way to balance his other variation isn't to take out tools, but to make their unique moves work as intended.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
no way. war god kotal is fair and the only variation done right. sun god and blood god variation lacks tools to be nothing more than a gimmick.

the way to balance his other variation isn't to take out tools, but to make their unique moves work as intended.
they work exactly as intended

war god doesn't need sun ray and he benefits the least from blood offering anyway. there needs to be a trade-off for what he gains

Hassun

Noob
they work exactly as intended

war god doesn't need sun ray and he benefits the least from blood offering anyway. there needs to be a trade-off for what he gains
He didn't "gain" anything. He's had these moves from the start. No point nerfing War God because Kotal's other variations are not as good.
Unless he's really overpowered of course, which he isn't.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
He didn't "gain" anything. He's had these moves from the start. No point nerfing War God because Kotal's other variations are not as good.
Unless he's really overpowered of course, which he isn't.
he gains range and mix-ups

no other way to make someone want to play these variants when they're inherently flawed to begin with.