Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Belial

Noob
Well is the d2 still a consistent AA if they crossover jump?
It all depends on the character, whick atack is made, how early they input atack etc.
It also depends on if crossup is done at point blank or not
That said 14% uppercut is just not enough RR to make up for the amount of guessing you have to take
Some chars can solve that with neutral jump punch, however KK njp is pretty bad either

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Do you guys have a list of all the tick grabs Sun God can utilize somewhere? Would like to see how good they are.

I don't get Sun God that much... Like, it's weird to use. I'm forced to use it in Story mode and even then, I don't have as many options as opposed to Blood or War god variations.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't get Sun God that much... Like, it's weird to use. I'm forced to use it in Story mode and even then, I don't have as many options as opposed to Blood or War god variations.
Sun God is great when he can get in and at punishing teleports, but struggles against good, patient zoners.

I love using Sun God against Scorpion players who rely on the teleport a lot. I have a theme song for it...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It looks like war god overhead sword is about -9 to -11 on block, low sword is -12 to -13 from some tests I ran.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
cuz of the pushback?
The pushback doesn't change the frame data, it changes which characters can punish.

8f mileena roll doesn't punish but 8f subzero slide does because of travel time, 10F goro charge does because of barely any travel time etc

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Complete Kotal noob here, we don't have one in our local, so I hadn't bothered exploring him too deeply.

Now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick him up. I love him aesthetically and I love his natural high damage.

My question is, am I punishing myself for picking Sun God? "On your knees" is just so damn satisfying, just wondering what exactly Sun God does better than the other variations, and wondering what he does worse

mattnin

Noob
I believe Sun and Blood are very similar. The way I see it, you're trading a command throw for the obsidian totem. The other totems aren't as useful. So you're trading the dmg reduction for a guaranteed command throw. Some tough match ups will occur where it'll be difficult to get a totem out, so may as well have just picked Sun God. Sun and Blood are virtually the same. Sun and War are quite a bit different. War has some crazy long reach moves and can mix it up better too, and has easier combo starters. He is more punishable however. Sun God is probably the least punishable out of the three.

You are not punishing yourself much for picking up Sun. He can stand up to War and Blood Kotal as well as the rest of the cast. Suns command throw is really good and easy to pull off. Are there better characters than Sun God? Definitely. That being said, players who don't tier whore but still dominate are more respected and feared and I bet you'll end up doing pretty damn good with Sun God

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Blood and Sun God need a lot of stuff but here's a few suggestions:

Sun God needs to be able to choose where you throw your opponent and more threatening tick throw setups. (If not more tick setups, less recovery on whiffed on your knees)

Blood God needs more safer ways to get out a totem. And totems needs to be more valuable than just auto-default to damage (and a damn armored reversal, mace parry can toss my salad)

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Actually, the "Totem This" Brutality isn't that impractical. There are a lot of matches where I only ever use Obsidian and Crystal totem, but when I do think to use Blood totem, I always go for it.
I think the time requirement is the hard part. Sun God's is much easier to consistently land.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I think the time requirement is the hard part. Sun God's is much easier to consistently land.
I know the requirement stipulates that there has to be under 30 seconds left, but I honestly had been doing it pretty consistently without ever worrying about the time. There has never been an instance in which I landed a D2 to end the round with crystal totem activated (after having used all three totems) and the brutality did not work. So, either matches in which one uses all three totems tend to last longer or that requirement isn't really being applied as intended.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Besides the hard part isnt letting the time run down, its not killing your opponent before you reach 30 seconds
30 seconds left is really hard. 60 seconds in mkx is like 10 min lol
I just tested it again to be sure: The 30 second requirement is not a real requirement. I just did it with well over 50 seconds left on the timer. Again, I have never not been able to do it because of time. I play on PS4, btw.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I just tested it again to be sure: The 30 second requirement is not a real requirement. I just did it with well over 50 seconds left on the timer. Again, I have never not been able to do it because of time. I play on PS4, btw.
Yo thank you so much!!!! If this shit works on xBone too I'm gonna be so hype bc I love Blood God but need me some brutalities in my life.

Also, does that brutality work if they're in a juggle state too? Or only grounded?

And finally, on a semi-related note, really wish they'd fix his sunshine brutality too. :(

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yo thank you so much!!!! If this shit works on xBone too I'm gonna be so hype bc I love Blood God but need me some brutalities in my life.

Also, does that brutality work if they're in a juggle state too? Or only grounded?

And finally, on a semi-related note, really wish they'd fix his sunshine brutality too. :(
LOL, no problem. I feel the same way. Also, I'm not sure if the opponent has to be grounded or not, because I don't think I have ever gone for it in the middle of a combo. I think I'm going to try to test that later today.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Holy crap i could have done so many brutalities :/