What's new

Konquer menu guy (Who is he?)

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Not... really?

Kitana had a chapter in MK9 where she kicked ass, same as Jade, Smoke, Kung Lao, Johnny, Jax, Sonya, Scorpion, and most other good guys. And more than Mileena. Yeah she got rescued by her friend at one point, but so did Jax and Sonya and no one holds it against them.

In MKX, yeah, she was a jobber who only lost fights, but so were Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Smoke, Sindel. She was in excellent company. Nobody walked away from MKX thinking "wow Kitana obviously sucks." It just wasn't her time to shine.
For the longest time my main man Scorpion was a jobber in everything but promotional videos (including gameplay as he's free for days unsafe tier, lol) but I love him anyway. Same for Kitana. Really hoping she's got a moveset to make her play like Assassin MKX variation. It's my next item on my hopes for MK11 list.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I suspect that's actually one of the reasons NRS is reluctant to make him playable.

They (correctly?) predict that a lot of people saying they want him, have no intention of sinking any meaningful playtime into him.
Besides Johnny Cage, he would be my second most played character in the game, if he was in. He's way more popular than people realize, and would be played alot if anything just for 2 reasons. He's a ninja and he's purple. The MK online community is a small minority of the actual total people who play Mortal Kombat games. The ones who speak loudly/alot are ever fewer minority. He was played a shit ton when he was playable in mk9. Millions of people play mortal Kombat not just the few hundred that frequent all these MK sites.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
For the longest time my main man Scorpion was a jobber in everything but promotional videos (including gameplay as he's free for days unsafe tier, lol) but I love him anyway. Same for Kitana. Really hoping she's got a moveset to make her play like Assassin MKX variation. It's my next item on my hopes for MK11 list.
Given that there's at least two timeline versions of Kitana running around in the story mode, and one of them is currently Queen of the Netherrealm, and the other one is being deliberately hidden by marketing like she's a super cool secret to be revealed at a later date or something, I'll be SHOCKED if she comes across as just a jobber in the story. Shocked. Obviously I can't speak to the gameplay, but honestly I'm convinced you have nothing to worry about on this front at least.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
The Kollector was my first thought as well. He is definitely a younger version of someone we know/heard of, or he's a brand new character that I think will be fleshed out as you go throughout the Krypt. I don't think he's just some random avatar, lore wise.
Same here. I thought it was a custom character at first but Shang is obviously going to fuck this guy over in the end and having some monster called the kollector makes it mean something.

Plus the blue kollector has that same gold trim on his clothes too. Unlocking the the whole krypt probably unlocks the kollector. That’s probably when he was created, after he got greedy and took everything.

People keep saying the unlockables are deconfimed but Shang is in the Krypt. One could easily assume that he was unlockable after seeing that trailer. They weren’t wrong just probably didn’t know the whole story. I wouldn’t be surprised to see mileena in there as well.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Sure, but then we have characters like Johnny Cage or Shang Tsung who have been "done right" since their first game.

Not that I don't agree, Rain can be improved. But I think it'll end up a Noob Saibot situation: sure, I like MK11 Noob more than his previous versions, but he still didn't suddenly become one of my most favorites.
Is the game only for you then? I've seen hundreds of people loving this noob character, you are the first person I see that doesn't like him...

Lun

proud TERF!
Is the game only for you then? I've seen hundreds of people loving this noob character, you are the first person I see that doesn't like him...
That a problem for ya, pal? I ain't allowed to dislike someone?

I don't even dislike him. I just find him way more comedical than Bo'Rai Cho will ever be.

Lun

proud TERF!
Same here. I thought it was a custom character at first but Shang is obviously going to fuck this guy over in the end and having some monster called the kollector makes it mean something.

Plus the blue kollector has that same gold trim on his clothes too. Unlocking the the whole krypt probably unlocks the kollector. That’s probably when he was created, after he got greedy and took everything.

People keep saying the unlockables are deconfimed but Shang is in the Krypt. One could easily assume that he was unlockable after seeing that trailer. They weren’t wrong just probably didn’t know the whole story. I wouldn’t be surprised to see mileena in there as well.
You know... he's called The Kollector... and thed guy in the Krypt is obviously doing just that..... I think you may be really on to something here.

Cassie Cyrus

That a problem for ya, pal? I ain't allowed to dislike someone?

I don't even dislike him. I just find him way more comedical than Bo'Rai Cho will ever be.
You should really learn to look past names. There is NOTHING comedy about Noob Saibot in MK11 spare for his name, which isn't a big deal.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
You have Kolleted everything else possible. You can now enter a previously locked door. You enter this rapey S&M gear filled super-cringe room. You find Mileena in her MK9 flesh pit costume chained up with a ball gag. Free her as quickly as possible and leave creepy perv room fast. *Mileena Unlocked!* As you leave Shang Tsung appears. "You were NOT supposed to see that! That was my private dungeon and was off limits! I said you could take my treasures within reason but you have overstepped. Your soul is MINE!" *CONGRATS! You have 100% cleared The Krypt! You have also died. Have a nice day!*

Cassie Cyrus

Then I don't understand our sense of humor, you don't find farting and puking into a character comedy, but you think one of the most evil and dark characters to be too comical.

I think you are an alien?

Lun

proud TERF!
Then I don't understand our sense of humor, you don't find farting and puking into a character comedy, but you think one of the most evil and dark characters to be too comical.

I think you are an alien?
Noob looks "evil and dark" if you're ten years old. Maybe.

An edgy dude in heavy metal attire, complete with metal singer voice, and fashion skulls, and only black colour, also doing emo stuff like storing his weapons on himself?

He's a super edgelord! And don't get me wrong, that makes him a nice character, but in a funny way. Not in the "I am seriously thinking this guy is the epitome of a serious dark character" way.
I'm baffled by all those taking all that edgelord stuff seriously instead of chuckling at it. Heck, NetherRealms developers are so aware of it they even gave him Dr. Claw's voice!

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Tbh they should stop this... Thats not how marketing is supposed to work. Im really starting to feel hate for them and thinking of cancelling preorder now. Not having your favourite char is one thing, but totally different thing is to make that shitty jokes towards customers, towards people that you want to encourage to buy your product... Im really disgusted with what Ed & co are doing. Cant support it at all.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Tbh they should stop this... Thats not how marketing is supposed to work. Im really starting to feel hate for them and thinking of cancelling preorder now. Not having your favourite char is one thing, but totally different thing is to make that shitty jokes towards customers, towards people that you want to encourage to buy your product... Im really disgusted with what Ed & co are doing. Cant support it at all.
Is this post satire? LOL

I feel like the more Boon is joking about Rain the more likely he gonna pop up in the game in some way.

He usually jokes/deconfirms characters and thats it. With Rain he just wont stop and he knows how much people want him.
That makes sense... Except, Boon has been going at this ever since the pre-MKX days. We all know how the Rain situation ended with that game, and honestly, I doubt it'll be much different in MK11.

Last edited: