What's new

Konquer menu guy (Who is he?)

The fact that Daniish Syed broke his silence on Twitter about him not being Rain and not just flat out saying he’s an NPC or a nobody. It does beg the question if this Krypt guy actually has a place in MK canon at all. What do you guys think?

( HERE’S DANIISH SYED DIRECT QUOTE FROM TWITTER. I HAD ISSUES POSTING THE TWEET VIA PIC. SO HERE’S THE QUOTE)

Finally, I can say the guy on the card is NOT Rain, like people were guessing. It's this guy! Who is he? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think we have 3 options.

1. An NPC with no story or connection to MK lore.

2. A brand new fighter who is in the game or unlockable and does have a story/original move set.

3. Or finally, he’s an actual create a character we can customize for Kyrpt mode only or possibly playable in the main game with his own customizable variations and move set/skins etc.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Crazy theory:

What if this Kyrpt is a backstory for an existing character?

What if this is actually Kollector, but before he was turned into a weird thing?

What if after plundering through the Krypt, at the end he gets cursed by Shang Tsung because of his greed and has to live the rest of his life as a monster?

nvm me. too much coffee today, im going crazy.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Because it would spoil the fact that we get to control a character in the Krypt.
I don't see how it would spoil that. First of all, I never saw anyone assuming that we play as Rain in the Krypt. So finding out that it's not Rain wouldn't have made people do a 180*. Second, some people were assuming it was Kotal, FFS. Deconfirming Rain wouldn't have confirmed anything. It could have still been another playable character in some bizarro alternate costume.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Now we are at it, show some balls and just tell the Rain fans you again didn’t put him in the game.... Instead of giving them ANY hope that is failed to begin with. Same with Mileena fans. At least the Shang fans can finally enjoy the ride.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Oh, you edited your post after my reply...
Yeah, I edited, but I didn't change the substance. Our disagreement here predated that comment anyway, so it shouldn't even matter what I said after "I don't see how it would spoil that" because that's what you chose to respond to.

There's obviously gonna be a huge lore connection with him that we don't know yet, i don't think he's gonna be a faceless protagonist. Krypt looks like it will have it's own unique story, given Shangs large role.

He might end up as a future DLC character

Now we are at it, show some balls and just tell the Rain fans you again didn’t put him in the game.... Instead of giving them ANY hope that is failed to begin with. Same with Mileena fans. At least the Shang fans can finally enjoy the ride.
I don't think they owe anyone an explanation about why a character isn't in the game.

Not that Rain fans haven't had it rough lately, but they're not entitled to anything.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
NRS is frustrating at times. I don't know how could they miss people would think that was Rain, and I don't know why they waited so long to confirm he wasn't. They should've said it long ago.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Honestly I thought he was Rain "before Rain", and by this I mean his journey to become a great warrior known as Rain, but since he's deconfirmed...