What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 32 An Evening With Glass Sword

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
At least I can say not giving a fuck is going from straight As to mostly Bs. Also that is a bit of an overstatement since I still lose sleep over school if I am ever in any actual trouble of failing.
OK now I am going to listen to see how big of a dunce I made myself.
Rayman the great escape was not only one of the best platformers for it's time, the game itself was incredible all around, and I can't believe I'm not the only one that feels this way. Fuck wrestling. It's all shenanigans anyway

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Man N64 was the absolute shit. Started having flashbacks when you guys were talking about it.

Probably the most unique top 5.
My top 5(No Order)

F-Zero X
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
WWE No Mercy

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Man N64 was the absolute shit. Started having flashbacks when you guys were talking about it.

Probably the most unique top 5.
My top 5(No Order)

F-Zero X
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
WWE No Mercy
An IKizzle sighting? Dude where is dat Cyborg????????

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Best N64 games:

Zelda the Ocarina of time
Bomberman64
Pokemon Stadium 2

Also this Podcast sounds like it was pretty interesting. I've never listened to a single KTP, but I might make this the first one later

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Seriously, am I the only one who thought this was uncomfortable to watch?

The hosts didn't treat Glass Sword like they treat other guests. They didn't seem interested in anything he said about the game and most of their questions outside the game seemed like attempts to bait him into saying something awkward or stupid to poke fun at. Almost all of the 'funny' parts were 16 Bit jumping on something awkward he said. How much of the podcast was spent with giggling going on while Glass Sword struggled to articulate himself and answer the question?
2 hours of making fun of the socially awkward guy doesn't make a good podcast.

I'm sure the response I'm going to get is that he knew it was well meaning and thinks it's funny too, but I'm not sure about that. Even if we presume Austin could/would speak up if he felt like he were being made fun of or pushed into something that's embarrassing, did you hear the part about why he doesn't sit down to pee anymore? Not because he realized it was the wrong to do it or the community encouraged to break a habit he wanted to get rid of or anything positive like that(because as funny as it is to joke about there's not any real reason he shouldn't sit down to pee if that's what he's comfortable with), it was because the community made him so self conscious about it that he had to stop. The community made him so self conscious he had to change the way he goes to the bathroom.

I'm amazed that no one else has said anything or felt like something was off
I have got to blow this up. We weren't "making fun of him". We were laughing at the awkwardness and weird answers yes, but me, Slips, and 16 Bit do that to eachother on literally every episode. We told him many times on air and off to just be himself because thats what makes him interesting and hilarious, who cares what people think. I'm a huge Glass Sword fan and have been for a long time.

If you don't like the show, don't listen to it. Not sure what else to say.

RIF

Noob
Accepting a woman's finger or a butt plug is a completely normal and extremely enjoyable act. Certain devices are designed to access and stimulate the prostate. Any man who hasn't had the pleasure of a prostate massage/release is missing out. Next. Level. Experience.

However, being violated by a strap-on is indisputably gay. Not only are you going to a depth far beyond the requirement for prostate stimulation, there is NO position where getting rammed in the ass doesn't LOOK or FEEL Level 10 gay. On your back while she enters you? Gay. From behind? Gay. You on top? Lol...Gay. If Emma demands to take your anal virginity prior to getting in there, the only logical thing to do is tell her to stick her wand in Harry's Potter. If she wants to use her fingers or a proper anal stimulation device well you're about to experience a wonder expelliarmus.

Please don't get me wrong, being gay is cool with me, but let's not pretend that saying you'd take a strap-on from Emma Watson doesn't call into question your sexual proclivities.

Oh yeah...great episode.

Last edited:

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Fascinating to hear some of the thoughts expressed. 100% serious, too. Not to get too serious, but I wish people would stop thinking of themselves as racial types: I'm white, or I'm black. America is so ethnically "mixed" that it's pretty much ridiculous to even use the labels. I feel like people are ruled chiefly by culture and tradition/ritual, and the racial component that people latch on to is almost like a warped meme within the traditions. Globalization has basically killed the economic aspect of "race" because it sweeps up people from all corners of the earth and harnesses their potential. 20 years ago, I doubt very many people had an Indian doctor, but now it's pretty commonplace. However, my elderly "black" grandmother refused to go to her Arab doctor, even though he's actually a Sikh. America, man...the founders could have solved this problem back in 1787, but the southern states would never have agreed to the solution, during the ratification of the constitution. This podcast makes me wish I had a degree in psychology.

Pretty much sums up the absurdity of "race"
https://medium.com/human-parts/c25d6ae8f2af
This is racist.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Seriously, am I the only one who thought this was uncomfortable to watch?

The hosts didn't treat Glass Sword like they treat other guests. They didn't seem interested in anything he said about the game and most of their questions outside the game seemed like attempts to bait him into saying something awkward or stupid to poke fun at. Almost all of the 'funny' parts were 16 Bit jumping on something awkward he said. How much of the podcast was spent with giggling going on while Glass Sword struggled to articulate himself and answer the question?
2 hours of making fun of the socially awkward guy doesn't make a good podcast.

I'm sure the response I'm going to get is that he knew it was well meaning and thinks it's funny too, but I'm not sure about that. Even if we presume Austin could/would speak up if he felt like he were being made fun of or pushed into something that's embarrassing, did you hear the part about why he doesn't sit down to pee anymore? Not because he realized it was the wrong to do it or the community encouraged to break a habit he wanted to get rid of or anything positive like that(because as funny as it is to joke about there's not any real reason he shouldn't sit down to pee if that's what he's comfortable with), it was because the community made him so self conscious about it that he had to stop. The community made him so self conscious he had to change the way he goes to the bathroom.

I'm amazed that no one else has said anything or felt like something was off
This is exactly the sentiment I was aiming for in my original post (which was blown up). I wasn't trying to be a dick towards Glass, even though some of his statements were cringe worthy, but the real shame is on the hosts. They absolutely baited him and exposed his social awkwardness simply to laugh in unison. HENCE when he would simply pause to answer a question they would all chuckle...and he would say, "what?". They are no better than the alleged people that made fun of him in school.

Rule #1: Never go on a podcast, admit to certain insecurities, and then allow the coup to laugh in your face.

I know while listening to this particular episode I def. felt something was off...and it was how the hosts treated their guest. Anyone with a lick of social awareness/decency would pick up on this. Listen carefully to all of his out of place chuckles....the odd bits of laughter while he was thinking...K7 constantly saying "it's okay"...

I don't know. I def. should of chosen better words in my original post (which looked like I was against Glass Sword) but the more I try to articulate my thoughts....it's my distain for the behavior of the hosts.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I have got to blow this up. We weren't "making fun of him". We were laughing at the awkwardness and weird answers yes, but me, Slips, and 16 Bit do that to eachother on literally every episode. We told him many times on air and off to just be himself because thats what makes him interesting and hilarious, who cares what people think. I'm a huge Glass Sword fan and have been for a long time.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm....no. You guys were terrible hosts and it was painfully obvious you guys exploited his awkwardness for your own stupid unison of laughter. You three are all friends...it's not the same when you have an obviously more socially awkward guest. You were all laughing at him and saying "it's okay...". (which I find painfully humorous considering you are a hick in OKC selling dirt, but I digress)

Listen, I'm a huge fan and a loyal follower of your show...but how dare you tell someone with a different opinion to "not listen". Regardless of the praise you are getting, there are many of us ( I have received several PM's agreeing with me but didn't want to publicly post it) who absolutely see right through what you three did and it's pathetic.

4x4lo8o

Noob

I love the show. I wouldn't bother commenting(or listening) if it was just another shitty episode of a podcast that I already didn't like.

I know you guys do stuff like that with all your guests, the back and forth and witty banter is part of the appeal. But most of your guests are more confident and articulate than Glass Sword. They're usually able to pick it up and run with it, whereas with Glass Sword sort of just stumbled and fell on his face. Obviously not all the guests are as charismatic as 16 Bit, but even then they usually have some knowledge and expertise of the game and strong opinions to along with it that they can fall back on and Glass Sword doesn't even have that(yet).

I like Glass Sword too. I really hope to see him do well in the future. He's genuine, passionate about the game(I wish people in my area would travel as far as he does to play offline), and he just seems like a really good guy. But I don't think he was ready for this podcast
Maybe I'm the only, I almost didn't say anything because everyone else seemed to really like it and I don't want to blow anyone up(especially Glass Sword), but listening to this episode made me really uncomfortable and didn't make me feel good about the community.