What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 20 with EGP Tyrant

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Slips

what the fuck are you talking about? Slipknot has always been the biggest pussy shit in metal. and i use the term "metal" loosely when describing them. nothing about them has ever been good.

K7L33THA i lost respect for you too. being a slipknot fan is almost as bad as being a juggalo.
You're an idiot.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
In fairness last time I saw Slipknot they did 80 percent old material. I'm still a maggot :)
I've seen them 3 times bro, and regardless of how much I think they suck they have on of the best live shows I've ever seen. Manson used to put on an amazing show as well, though lets be honest he's hardly on top of his game anymore either. That's pretty much when I start listening to heavier music as well as adding a little diversity.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
It may be a poor quality about me that I judge people on their musical preference but I do. I am not friends with Slipknot fans. I feel like their shitty music taste oozes out at me.
There are much worse bands than Slipknot. I liked them alot more when I was younger cuz of playing drums to it. I forgot youre one of those Black Metal snobs. :p

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There are much worse bands than Slipknot. I liked them alot more when I was younger cuz of playing drums to it. I forgot youre one of those Black Metal snobs. :p
I don't care much for black metal except for a couple subgenres of it, more death metal and grindcore. But I don't listen to it much, mostly trip-hop, drum n bass, post rock, and ambient type stuff.

slipknot = gay pop emo metal

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've seen them 3 times bro, and regardless of how much I think they suck they have on of the best live shows I've ever seen. Manson used to put on an amazing show as well, though lets be honest he's hardly on top of his game anymore either. That's pretty much when I start listening to heavier music as well as adding a little diversity.
Absolutely agree

Bobzilla

Noob
C'mon man. Corey Taylor literally said himself the reason he got his original band Stone Sour back together is because he wanted to go in a different direction musically and those songs didn't belong on a Slipknot CD. Then your next Slipknot album drops and you have an acoustic song on it....GTFO. Three Nil and The Virus of life were the only decent songs on that Cd. A lot of the songs on the first and second CD were written by the bands original lead singer Anders Colsefni, most people attribute the level of suck that Slipknot has now to that. In my opinion regardless of how good Anders writing skills were, I personally didn't care for his voice.

Of course music is going to change, it is called the music "Business" for a reason. But you don't start off balls to the wall metal, and then become hardrock at your absolute best, without turning a few heads away.

Just as many people were pissed when Metallica got old, stopped drinking, and cut off all they're hair. I see no reason why Slipknot should be any different. Sure those newer albums had a few good songs on them, "Bleeding Me, Fixxer come to mind." but is safe to not argue they never made a truly great cd since the black album. It's all in opinion and taste in the end.

I guess Morbid Angel sold out too. Burning my copy of Blessed now. I don't know where you're getting your information regarding Anders and his songwriting credits, but I don't believe that at all. I wouldn't call Slipknot "balls to the wall metal". The only thing extreme about the s/t album is Joey's drumming. I mean it's pretty much a nu-metal album with some death/grind drumming. Also, I'd say the guitar playing is more technical on their last two albums than the previous two. And the best songs on the s/t album aren't even their faster songs, they're songs like Prosthetics and Scissors. I shouldn't even be arguing about all of this, 'cause I don't even like them.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!

I guess Morbid Angel sold out too. Burning my copy of Blessed now. I don't know where you're getting your information regarding Anders and his songwriting credits, but I don't believe that at all. I wouldn't call Slipknot "balls to the wall metal". The only thing extreme about the s/t album is Joey's drumming. I mean it's pretty much a nu-metal album with some death/grind drumming. Also, I'd say the guitar playing is more technical on their last two albums than the previous two. And the best songs on the s/t album aren't even their faster songs, they're songs like Prosthetics and Scissors. I shouldn't even be arguing about all of this, 'cause I don't even like them.
Funny thing is that I've actually heard people do believe Morbid Angel sold out...which I think is beyond retarded, simply because to what end did they sell out? To get more radio play or fans? I couldn't tell you my opinion because I never listened to them loyally. But Morbid Angel pretty much sounds like...Morbid Angel. Slipknot then vs Slipknot now might as well be different bands. I also didn't say that I believe Anders song writing was the reason the the first two albums were better, that just seems to be a general consensus of the Slipknot haters I know. He did in fact write some of they're earlier material, and I will agree that Prosthetics is one of the best songs off the album. I'm also not the first person to hate Slipknot for simply not being what they used to be, they were advertised as extreme, dark, music. And while it is pretty obvious death metal and other extreme metal genres had already been around for years, known of that was to my knowledge I was a kid at the time and I had never heard of anything like Slipknot.

So even though I don't care for Slipknot anymore, I acknowledge they introduced me to an entire new world of music. Compared to a majority of the music I listen too nowadays even Slipknots first album might as well be something that plays during the credits of a made for Syfy movie, but that time in my life they were amazing. S/t compared to All Hope is Gone or Subliminal versus speaks for itself.

Bobzilla

Noob
He did in fact write a majority of they're earlier material.
Any source for this, or do I just take your word for it. And if you listen to Slipknot without having any exposure to extreme metal, they're definitely going to seem like the fastest/heaviest music you've ever heard. But I just don't get how someone who does have that exposure could think that they sold out/toned down their music. I honestly think the opposite has happened. And this doesn't just concern Slipknot. Look at all those bands labeled as nu-metal. With the emergence of metalcore, that sound became outdated and the nu-metal bands had to change their sound. And it seems to me they either had to sound more like the metalcore bands that came out at the time or become more radio friendly. In my mind, Slipknot did the former.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Any source for this, or do I just take your word for it. And if you listen to Slipknot without having any exposure to extreme metal, they're definitely going to seem like the fastest/heaviest music you've ever heard. But I just don't get how someone who does have that exposure could think that they sold out/toned down their music. I honestly think the opposite has happened. And this doesn't just concern Slipknot. Look at all those bands labeled as nu-metal. With the emergence of metalcore, that sound became outdated and the nu-metal bands had to change their sound. And it seems to me they either had to sound more like the metalcore bands that came out at the time or become more radio friendly. In my mind, Slipknot did the former.
It's like I said man, its all opinion and taste. I just personally feel like are not the band the used to be. But it does bring to my attention something that is completely off topic, metals heads spend a lot of time arguing over who's the heaviest, who sucks and who doesn't. I'm not saying that your doing that, I'm just ranting and saying that sometimes I feel like it works against the metal scene as a whole. While I can certainly see someone getting a bit offensive when they refer to Nickleback as metal, sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous. To the point that I try not to label my music too much cause it honestly confuses me to try and keep up with what "Type" of metal I'm listening to according to everyone else. And god help me if I get it wrong. It's like I happen to personally love The Black Dahlia Murder and Whitechapel, and sure plenty of people like those bands. But let me tell those same people I'm not really in Suicide Silence it's immediately assumed I'm just a retard. I pretty much listen to anything rock or metal related bro. Everything from classic rock, Tool, Perfect Circle, Pantera, Slayer, grudge, all the way to Dying Fetus, The Faceless, Amon Amarth. Acid Bath another personal favorite. So its not like something is soft so it automatically sucks to me.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Slips

what the fuck are you talking about? Slipknot has always been the biggest pussy shit in metal. and i use the term "metal" loosely when describing them. nothing about them has ever been good.
Its not my fault they were the first metal band I'd ever seen. I'm obviously gonna have an emotional attachment to them whether you classify them as metal or not.

Regardless, Slipknot was pretty original man, nobody sounded like them. They had a unique song structure, great gimmicks with they presentation and musicianship. Corey Taylor had one of the most distinctive and brutal sounding vocals you could ever hear who could transition to smooth vocals on a dime (fucking hard). Awesome live shows. And Joey Jordison was a sick drummer.

So judge me all you want I don't give a fug what you say. I'm not ashamed to say that I liked Slipknot when they were legit and genuine with their first 2 albums. Everything afterwards was ass tho. Fuckin sell-outs.

Death

Noob
LOL hilarious that you mentioned our online games at the end of the podcast. That shit you pulled made me hella salty LOL! But I wasn't pissed just felt trolled lol. We gotta get more games in man.

Bobzilla

Noob
metals heads spend a lot of time arguing over who's the heaviest, who sucks and who doesn't.
I honestly don't see this as a bad thing. To me it just shows how much passion people who listen to metal have for the music. And when they see a band that they feel is playing a watered-down version of the music they love and having more success than the bands they listen to, it's only natural to dislike that band and maybe even feel resentment towards them. This is honestly how I feel about every deathcore band. But I'm not going to hate on them for two reason. First, they could be into the music for superficial reasons. Secondly, it might be their foray into metal. Nobody comes out the womb listening to Timeghoul or Demilich. We all had to start somewhere.

Bobzilla

Noob
Its not my fault they were the first metal band I'd ever seen. I'm obviously gonna have an emotional attachment to them whether you classify them as metal or not.

So judge me all you want I don't give a fug what you say. I'm not ashamed to say that I liked Slipknot when they were legit and genuine with their first 2 albums. Everything afterwards was ass tho. Fuckin sell-outs.
I'm not judging you at all, like I said, we all had to start somewhere. I just don't think they're sell outs.

CD jr

Noob
cage beats jax 7-3 good luck to tyrant if he fights my brother or reo.jax is not even top 10 j360 riu48 and i found some holes in jax gameplay that really hurt him.sucks to say that foxy was right and that is why im dropping jax as my main.i still dont have a main yet but im messing around with 3 characters that have potential to be my main and of them is a robot :) some guy beat me in a mm and he inspired me to use this character which i think no one is using to his full potential and the other two are a surprise.even though i dropped jax i want to mm tyrant to a ft5 $20 since he is so sure he can beat my jax

NKZero

Noob
cage beats jax 7-3 good luck to tyrant if he fights my brother or reo.jax is not even top 10 j360 riu48 and i found some holes in jax gameplay that really hurt him.sucks to say that foxy was right and that is why im dropping jax as my main.i still dont have a main yet but im messing around with 3 characters that have potential to be my main and of them is a robot :) some guy beat me in a mm and he inspired me to use this character which i think no one is using to his full potential and the other two are a surprise.even though i dropped jax i want to mm tyrant to a ft5 $20 since he is so sure he can beat my jax
it best be Sektor :).

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Sonya, Liu Kang, Sektor ;)

I hope its csz so I can steal your tech.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk