What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 20 with EGP Tyrant

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Protest The Hero is legit. There are plenty of bands like that who are considered "metalcore" but have progressive/mathcore elements that make them actually good, like Between The Buried And Me, The Number 12 Looks Like You, and Converge.

But away from that topic,
Osu 16 Bit , on the ending for Mass Effect 3, it's really not about the ending as a standalone thing. The ending really isn't bad. The uproar was about the fact that your choices aren't really taken into account, which makes it a bit unfulfilling. I saw an article yesterday that Bioware is going to release something as DLC in the future which might be changing/adding on to it though.

also, best mass effect character IMO is Garrus, but Jack and Legion come close for me. i was a bit disappointed that neither of those two returned as squadmates. it's hard though, because there's no character i really didn't like (except for Tali, i always thought she was kinda meh).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
OneBoxyRobot

If you think it's the "heaviness" that I have a problem with, you're wayyyy wrong lol. Slipknot sounds like pop music. I have more distaste for them than other similar bands because they represent extreme metal to the mainstream, and they're not even close to that. I just find their "darkness" funny and music extremely overrated from a technical standpoint. Like, compared to most of the bands in the death metal genre, Jordison's very average.
I forgot you were a metal fan :D. No, you're definitely right. As far as the majority of the actual bands beneath the scene they've become the face of, they're nowhere near an accurate description anymore, as they've been around for so long, they've more or less become their own niche in and of itself. Like it or hate it, there's nothing out there like it.

Actually I will admit something, Vermillion Pt. 2 isn't a bad song at all. But when they try to be heavy, it's just funny.
That's why I don't mind lighter, zen Slipknot. It's not that bad. <3 "Snuff."

BTBAM and Protest are both incredible. "Mordecai" = asdfghjkl.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I forgot you were a metal fan :D. No, you're definitely right. As far as the majority of the actual bands beneath the scene they've become the face of, they're nowhere near an accurate description anymore, as they've been around for so long, they've more or less become their own niche in and of itself. Like it or hate it, there's nothing out there like it.
Well, what I mean is, death metal had been around years before Slipknot, and all they did was toned it way down and made it radio-friendly and marketable.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well, what I mean is, death metal had been around years before Slipknot, and all they did was toned it way down and made it radio-friendly and marketable.
Exactly. They didn't pioneer the genre, they just made it buyable.

Y'know who's another, more depressing example? Mudvayne.
How we went from L.D. 50 to the Mudvayne of today, I'll never understand.
That album was/is one of the best metal albums I've ever heard.

Bobzilla

Noob
lol this reminded me too. a couple years ago i was at a show with vader, augury, and swashbuckle (i think there was one other band thrown into the mix too). decrepit birth had to drop off the tour, so they got Rose Funeral (a generic shitty deathcore band) to fill in. the audience reaction was hilarious. we all spent the entire set mocking them.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/02/22/rose-funeral-the-uno-incident/
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12542

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
This was a fun podcast, definitely a change of pace, Tyrant seems very humble and chill.

There has not been a single one of these that I didn't like, this is weirdly good:).

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Rose Funeral is like a cookie cutter band to me anyway, apparently they're douche bags as well. The only deathcore bands I care for are Whitechapel, "even that's only for The Somatic Defilement album", some Carnifex, and some people have actually tried to tell me The Black Dahlia Murder were deathcore. Which I disagree with, I believe them to be melodic death/metalcore.

Between the Buried and Me is pretty legit, the silent circus was an awesome cd imo.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silent_Circus

Bobzilla

Noob
There are good metalcore bands. I'm specifically referring to bands like Attack Attack, The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon, etc when I said that. Stuff like Converge is awesome.
I kind of figured as much, and my statement wasn't 100% serious. But Converge/Botch/Coalesce is what metalcore should be. Also, The Devil Wears Prada have the distinction of being the worst band I've ever seen live.

Goldi

Noob
Wtf?? I expect this kinda shit from stream trolls, but not members of the community that claim to love the game - even though I'm pretty sure they really hate women.

I've never, ever said anything remotely cruel to anyone here. I show up to tournaments paying out of pocket knowing damn well I won't place, because I love this game and community. But it's becoming increasingly difficult to cope with being known as "the stripper gamer."

By all means, please, take a shot at my Jade. My hitbox, call me free - but for fucks sake treat me like an a actual gamer who does care about MK and your asses, lol. I'm not some novelty act stripping at the venue, I'm here for the exact same reason all of you are. I don't want special treatment - just get over my freaking gender already.

NKZero

Noob
Wtf?? I expect this kinda shit from stream trolls, but not members of the community that claim to love the game - even though I'm pretty sure they really hate women.

I've never, ever said anything remotely cruel to anyone here. I show up to tournaments paying out of pocket knowing damn well I won't place, because I love this game and community. But it's becoming increasingly difficult to cope with being known as "the stripper gamer."

By all means, please, take a shot at my Jade. My hitbox, call me free - but for fucks sake treat me like an a actual gamer who does care about MK and your asses, lol. I'm not some novelty act stripping at the venue, I'm here for the exact same reason all of you are. I don't want special treatment - just get over my freaking gender already.
Wait what's this in reference to?