What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 20 with EGP Tyrant

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Back again with our 20th episode! This time EGP Tyrant joins us to talk about the upcomming MLG tournament. He has a metal arm missle aimed at NY and wants to reclaim his "Jax of America" status. Tyant gives his opinion on Jax's corner infinite and if was he overbuffed. Match predictions, tier positions, the name game, and Slips' love of Madonna exposed. Enjoy.

Mp3 Version: http://www.2shared.com/audio/BhokN7O5/KTP20.html

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb

Attachments

ummmmmm that +9 Cage thing got debunked, it only locks you down if you try to jump out. The guy who found out about it posted it, IDK why people still carry on about it.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I still remember the first time I played Tyrant, he blew me up and then fatality'd me in front of his friend :( I forgave him though but always secretly cheer against him, lol

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
I could not agree with Slips more about Slipknot. Forever they will be known as the biggest sell out metal band in history to me.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I could not agree with Slips more about Slipknot. Forever they will be known as the biggest sell out metal band in history to me.
Thats BS. The goal is to always make the most money with your music. They did all they could with that style and had to evolve. Money changes people, but their musical style isn't just because of that. Of course the first 2 albums are the best by far, but the others had some bright spots (Three Nil is sick!). Most bands best stuff is when they were poor and hungry, Slipknot is no different.

Bobzilla

Noob
Thats BS. The goal is to always make the most money with your music. They did all they could with that style and had to evolve. Money changes people, but their musical style isn't just because of that. Of course the first 2 albums are the best by far, but the others had some bright spots (Three Nil is sick!). Most bands best stuff is when they were poor and hungry, Slipknot is no different.
I agree with you regarding Slipknot not selling out. However, I couldn't disagree more with the statement in bold.

Also, when talking about metal bands that changed their sound to appeal to a bigger audience, how does Metallica not win that competition?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I agree w Slips 100% w madonna and Slipknot on all accounts (other than seeing Evita....WTF man) lol

Body of evidence /truth or dare anyone?

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
C'mon man. Corey Taylor literally said himself the reason he got his original band Stone Sour back together is because he wanted to go in a different direction musically and those songs didn't belong on a Slipknot CD. Then your next Slipknot album drops and you have an acoustic song on it....GTFO. Three Nil and The Virus of life were the only decent songs on that Cd. A lot of the songs on the first and second CD were written by the bands original lead singer Anders Colsefni, most people attribute the level of suck that Slipknot has now to that. In my opinion regardless of how good Anders writing skills were, I personally didn't care for his voice.

Of course music is going to change, it is called the music "Business" for a reason. But you don't start off balls to the wall metal, and then become hardrock at your absolute best, without turning a few heads away.

Just as many people were pissed when Metallica got old, stopped drinking, and cut off all they're hair. I see no reason why Slipknot should be any different. Sure those newer albums had a few good songs on them, "Bleeding Me, Fixxer come to mind." but is safe to not argue they never made a truly great cd since the black album. It's all in opinion and taste in the end.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Slips

what the fuck are you talking about? Slipknot has always been the biggest pussy shit in metal. and i use the term "metal" loosely when describing them. nothing about them has ever been good.

K7L33THA i lost respect for you too. being a slipknot fan is almost as bad as being a juggalo.