What's new

Kombat Pack Reveal - Your Opinion?

Your Opinion About KP Being 3/3?

• I am Disappointed

• I am Happy About it

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like what they did with Shang Tsung. I won't be playing him, but it's awesome to see him around. However, there are way too many guest characters, but that's what I expect after MKX I guess.

Also, choosing SIndel and Nightwolf instead of more popular characters is kinda weird. I mean, I don't begrudge them their spots necessarily, but seeing four undeniably more popular characters rolled into Shang Tsung's special moves while other B-tier characters get a full slot kind of stings.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Honestly, I kinda like there are no MKX characters in MK11's first KP. It differentiates the two rosters even more (almost half of the roster was identical in MK11's release with that of MKX), and gives you incentive to keep playing MKX. Which is something I like, because the two games are of the same gen.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Personally, I love the guest characters. I think there shouldn't be more than a few, but I was blown away playing as Jason in a MK game. Freddy was interesting, and of course Predator, Alien, and Leatherface. For me, I would rather have a few guest characters than Tanya or some other arbitrary MK character that's hardly been in the series. (for a reason lol)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Shang Tsung looks cool until you realize that his tournament variations will probably not include all the cool shit from the trailer.
This is precisely why the decision to restrict customized variations from online competitive play was such a mistake.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm seeing a lot of hypocrisy in this thread. So many people coming with the "Guest characters are wastes! MK Characters only!" But in the same post they say "Nightwolf sucks, Sheeva is fucking wack"

You aren't pissed about guests, you're pissed about characters you don't like lol. Besides, it's dlc for christ's sake. They wont have any place in the story unless NRS says so later on. People still argue about if Triborg and Goro were even canon in mkx

xKMMx

Banned
I cant tell you how much I love guest characters being in these games when they make sense. I bought and played MKXL simply because of the fact that I love the Predator and wanted to use him in a fighting game. MKX is the first game I ever tried to really play well and I played it for a year solid right up until MK 11 came out.
That said I love the Terminator and to some degree Ash being in the game makes sense.
But I could care less about the Joker being in other than the fact we can finally see him doing some gnarly ass fatalities we wished we could have seen in MK vs DC.
I'm a die hard Halloween fan and at first all the speculation that he might end up being in this game had me hyped but Michael Myers in an MK game doesn't make much sense as he is super slow mover so hopefully that doesn't happen.
With regard to the rest of the announcement, super stoked about Nightwolf and Shang but couldn't care less about Sheeva and Sindel they have never been interesting to me in anyway since MK3.

And Spawn will hopefully be designed flawlessly with his cape and chains both being part of his tool set.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I'm stoked as hell for it. Shang Tsung looks great, I can't wait to see what Nightwolf looks like, and Spawn is going to be super hype. Giving us Klassic skins is also a great start.