What's new

Kombat Pack Reveal - Your Opinion?

Your Opinion About KP Being 3/3?

• I am Disappointed

• I am Happy About it

Results are only viewable after voting.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I thought the trailer was great, glad Shang can use his opponent's KB's. Wondering how that'll work out balance wise. I think it's a clever idea to use pallete swap ninjas as his transformations from a technical standpoint, but i'm super disappointed such an idea wasn't used for Chameleon (The real Bossfight of MK Trilogy).

I'm always a fan of guest characters.... IF AND ONLY IF THOSE EXACT GUEST CHARACTERS ACTUALLY APPEAL TO ME. I loved Kratos in 9 and Freddy really fit that game. Alien, Predator and the Guest Skins of MKX were awesome, but i didn't like Leatherface or Jason. The movies are good but there's just something about them that didn't feel right in MK.

With this in mind, 3 guests in a KP of 6 is too much, from a fanboy POV. But at least the xpected guests are GOOD. Spawn is confirmed, cool, i like his vague idea as a character even though i wouldn't call myself a fan of his. He fits. If Ash is a guest character, actually portrayed by Bruce Campbell, i'll be over the moon! Love the Evil Dead series, Violent, campy comedy is EXACTLY what MK is about and i'm giddy thinking about the dialogue there's gonna be.

TLDR: Too many guests, disappointing. If the CHOICES of guests are fantastic though, i'll be happy enough.

I see where your going with this but to say it's a martial art tournament is stretching it these days. Guns are blazing from alot of the cast. I would normally be against guest characters myself but I'm a huge evil dead fan. He's not just a guy with a chainsaw lol. He's the saviour of humanity and he's back from the future to save the world from evil again
Yeah I know it. Still, every MK character is a martial artist to some extent - even Erron, tho it's obvious this basic idea of martial arts tournament has evolved. But every character is capable to fight in one way or another. With guest characters or at least with most of them that's an issue. Joker just can't fight cuz he's like a mastermind, not a fighter, and suddenly he's fighting with guys who can rip his head off together with spinal cord. Terminator will also act completely out of his character cuz in his setting he's just not a real fighter. He's nothing in comparison to Cyrax/Sektor who can actually use martial arts to support their robotics. Ash might be a saviour in his setting but his hand-to-hand fighting capabilities are almost non-existent in comparison to Liu Kang etc. Just try to imagine an actual movie where he fights Sub-Zero and has any chances. Spawn is unusual so he can actually fit pretty fine. But all this is just a small nitpick - those characters in my opinion are just a waste of slots cuz they kill immersion every single time you fight them cuz they clearly don't belong to this setting. Not to say that I can easily see some franchises like Evil Dead being dead in 10 years or at least much earlier than MK and people won't even recognize those old characters. They are also a reason we most likely won't see some actual characters like Mileena. That's just my opinion, I know it's a fine idea in financial terms.

To be fair Shang barely have special moves in mk9
I guess that's why I created an even bigger expectation regarding his evolution design-wise, and it turned out pretty much the same but worse, because at least back then he had his own X-Ray lol But I'll give him a try, you never know.

about the popularity of guests: i just read a page that explains the dlc chars (inc. leaked) and goes like "nightwolf: ... is another classic mk character. sorry guys but not every DLC can be a guest".

KCJ506

Noob
The only thing that disappoints me is Fujin isn't apart of it. If there's a KP2 and if the rumors are true about there being a character released every other month, that means he won't be coming until next year.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm hype! Nightwolf and Sindel sat out of the last game so it's only fair they're back! Shang looks AMAZING. Can't wait to see what they did with the character models of al those we didn't see. And especially Spawn, I'm thinking he may have a move set similar to Batman maybe?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
The poll needs a neutral option. Because that's where I'm at. Because I am alright with it so far, but it is not the characters I would've chosen for DLC. If the two unknown guest characters are some from the leak, I'm not gonna care for them at all. But Spawn as a guest I'm alright with. Shang Tsung looks really good, and I look forward to Sindel as well, but I don't care much for Nightwolf, however as said, I am alright with his inclusion.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Yeah I know it. Still, every MK character is a martial artist to some extent - even Erron, tho it's obvious this basic idea of martial arts tournament has evolved. But every character is capable to fight in one way or another. With guest characters or at least with most of them that's an issue. Joker just can't fight cuz he's like a mastermind, not a fighter, and suddenly he's fighting with guys who can rip his head off together with spinal cord. Terminator will also act completely out of his character cuz in his setting he's just not a real fighter. He's nothing in comparison to Cyrax/Sektor who can actually use martial arts to support their robotics. Ash might be a saviour in his setting but his hand-to-hand fighting capabilities are almost non-existent in comparison to Liu Kang etc. Just try to imagine an actual movie where he fights Sub-Zero and has any chances. Spawn is unusual so he can actually fit pretty fine. But all this is just a small nitpick - those characters in my opinion are just a waste of slots cuz they kill immersion every single time you fight them cuz they clearly don't belong to this setting. Not to say that I can easily see some franchises like Evil Dead being dead in 10 years or at least much earlier than MK and people won't even recognize those old characters. They are also a reason we most likely won't see some actual characters like Mileena. That's just my opinion, I know it's a fine idea in financial terms.
Joker is considered a fighter now. Heck, Harley Quinn is considered a fighter now.148631486414865

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Can't really put him on the same scale as MK characters. But that's fine I guess. He still doesn't fit at all for me and Sonya should shoot his head off.
Don't think power levels. You have Harley Quinn fighting Superman in I2. Power levels mean jack shit in fighting games.

So pumped for Sindel could care less about about any other character being put in the game. That’s who iv been praying for since day one yay. I do still hope sheeva is in it though.

Don't think power levels. You have Harley Quinn fighting Superman in I2. Power levels mean jack shit in fighting games.
It wasn't so much in MK and other classic fighting games but fair point. Injustice is like the finest exaple of that. Don't like that but I have much easier time seeing Jax fighting Shinnok than Joker fighting anyone in MK. I just hate guests I guess:/

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I dislike that Shang uses characters that aren't going to be on the roster much like I disliked Mournful or I dislike how Kitana has a single move with Mileena's dagger.

I also dislike the cryptic communications they are pulling all the time.

On the bright side I'm happy for Sindel players because they had a long wait and I think Sindel is a nice unique character, and Nightwolf players, all four of them.

I have mixed feelings on the Kombat Pack. I'm happy that we are getting Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel. But three guests? That's just too many. Two would have already been pushing it. But unfortunately, guests always sell the most, so this was going to be inevitable.

Also, no Fujin? Granted, he'll probably be in Kombat Pack 2, but he should have been in this one, to be honest, instead of a third guest.

I'm glad to see we'll be getting classic skins for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot, but what about Kitana, Jade and Skarlet? Perhaps we'll see them in Kombat Pack 2 though.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I have mixed feelings on the Kombat Pack. I'm happy that we are getting Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel. But three guests? That's just too many. Two would have already been pushing it. But unfortunately, guests always sell the most, so this was going to be inevitable.

Also, no Fujin? Granted, he'll probably be in Kombat Pack 2, but he should have been in this one, to be honest, instead of a third guest.

I'm glad to see we'll be getting classic skins for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot, but what about Kitana, Jade and Skarlet? Perhaps we'll see them in Kombat Pack 2 though.
About the skins, did you not see that the KP will come with 19 skins instead of the originally stated 7? Klassic Kitana, Jade and Skarlet are certainly going to be in.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
At this point, I think NRS has the biggest corner of the market as far as guest characters are concerned, so I've come to expect it. Injustice 2 had a bunch of guests, MKX was half and half, and IJ1 and MK9 had Scorpion and Freddy. It is a thing.
As long as they're hype, I say let the kids be kids, and give Ash a Berserker Stance.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
if the rumors are true about there being a character released every other month, that means he won't be coming until next year.
I don’t know where you guys are getting this. There are no “rumors” about this. It was just one salty ass guy jumping to conclusions.

There is absolutely no way they’ll trickle out a single character every 2 months. That won’t be enough to hold interest. It will surely be monthly, as always. The only reason this first one took longer than usual is probably due to the botched/rushed launch and the numerous fixes needed.