What's new

Kombat Pack Reveal - Your Opinion?

Your Opinion About KP Being 3/3?

• I am Disappointed

• I am Happy About it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
So I hated all the guest characters in every NRS game but this is totally different.
Spawn is one of my favorite comic book characters of alltime and just thinking of the possibilities with his chains or cape.
Ash is my favorite horror icon, hopefully its bruce campbell voicing him.

As for the MK characters tsung looked pretty great, nightwolf is always and sindel meh.
Where are the mk4 and 3D era characters though
Giving place to lame female characters and to many guest characters lol Thats where they are .

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I would certainly hope so. Jesus Christ. Entitled much. Have you nothing else to live for? It’s a fucking trailer. You’re not owed a goddamn thing. Be thankful they’re supporting the game longer.

I hope you’re 30+ because that would just be hilarious.
Spare me the 'sit down and shuddup' attitude. I can criticize the trailer especially if it was lacking and overhyped. And who the fuck said I was 'owed' something?

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Spare me the 'sit down and shuddup' attitude. I can criticize the trailer especially if it was lacking and overhyped. And who the fuck said I was 'owed' something?
"For fuck's sake, you guys didn't even bother to make silhouettes for the other characters this time. Just their names."

Your lips are moving and you're complaining about something. That's whinging. - The Hound.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shang looks dope, even though his FB has a little too much morphing for my taste.

The 3 guests are a punch in the gut.

Kratilim

Noob
Imo the kombat pack is fantastic. The mk characters are great choices and shang looks great. And the guests sound fun. And assuming the other 2 are ash and terminator, it would be a best case scenario for me.

I've been waiting for Spawn since 2015, I bought Kombat Pack for MKX because of him and chose the Ultimate Edition of Injustice 2 because of him. I was furious when Injustice 2 included 2 MK characters AND the Turtles instead of Spawn. So I'm happy he's in especially because he fits into this world.

3 guests are too much though, you could justify Ash because the series has fans and Bruce Cambell is a fan favorite but Joker or Terminator? Will Kronika send a T-800 back in time to murder Liu Kang's mother or what? And Joker is a joke in itself. For years we have listened to garbage like 'we can't behead or mutilate Batman' but apparently we can gut Joker because he's a crazy psycho and has a movie koming.

Mortal Kombat should be about Mortal Kombatants. Add 1 (ONE) guest in each pack and that's that.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Initial disappointment aside, I like how they handled Shang Tsung, but I'd like him to have more variations with other, existing characters. Otherwise he will have a constant ninja-theme attached to him which he hasn't any real reason to. I mean, why - narratively speaking - Shang copies the styles of ninjas only? He's a soul stealing sorcerer, not the Khameleon.

I think the three MK characters are good choices, but I'm not big on guests. I also didn't even know who Spawn was before people started talking about him in relation to DLC.

Either way, I doubt I'll buy the pass. I barely get time to practice my main character, and there are still some on the base roster I want to use, so it's not like I'm desperate for more.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
The trailer is cool and all but so is the trailer for that movie Hope Floats. it makes a well acted old school lifetime movie look way more exciting than it is by putting that song "lighting crashes" in it while promoting the soundtrack which btw that song was not on it. Very similar to how Mortal Kombat annihilation's trailer was. the mid to late 90s was so bad at this. anyhow. sorry for the sidebar. I'm sure Sindel and Nightwolf will look awesome though. too bad we have to wait several months for them.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Words cannot describe how utterly disappointed and let down I feel right now. I woke up in the middle of the night and checked my phone, then saw the trailer and info concerning the KP (which is what I wanted mostly - I knew Shang would deliver). I was so frustrated with what I read that I couldn't sleep for the next two hours, and ended up sleeping about 4-5 hours. On a Friday night. Thanks Obama Ed Boon!

Now, the reasons I am so disappointed:
1) Shang will be early accessed on the 18th of June, which means 25th for the rest of the non-early adopters of the Pack. Which (possibly) means that we get a DLC every two. Freaking. Months. Which means we have to wait an entire year to learn any news about Sheeva, Fujin and Joker.

2) The entire hype Boon built with his tweets failed to deliver on every level. "Keep your fingers crossed!" Why? Why should we keep our fingers crossed, Boon? Was there any way you could have fucked this up any more? It was a mere Shang Tsung gameplay montage. Maximillian could make you one in a few hours. What was the trouble? The hold-up? We expected (thanks to your older DLC packs), some kind of cinematic reveal, some kind of cutscene which would demand a director, a script and unique voice lines. Instead we got a mere gameplay trailer which is a really easy thing to do (record 2-3 matches as Shang Tsung and edit out the parts where he performs his combos/super moves). The was utterly no reason this wasn't shown at Combo Breaker and instead you had people stay and wait an entire day for this. For fuck's sake, you guys didn't even bother to make silhouettes for the other characters this time. Just their names.

3) Three characters, three guests. Wow. Just. Wow. Which means that if the KP2 isn't three characters, and is six, we get one more MK unannounced character, at best. Amazing. And we'll have to wait about two years to see who it'll be.

4) Many of us - myself included - believed that the reason of the delays and the hold-ups was the fact that Boon and co were going to show us a non-leaked character in order to surprise us (since we learned the entire DLC via the Switch leaks). But no. The entire secrecy, the entire backpedaling, the entire 'what is this? what is that? MMMM!!' bullshit from Boon was to announce things we already knew about. What a waste.

sigh I sincerely wish I recover from the initial disappointment because I feel like I don't even want to play the game anymore right now.
You don't deserve to be attacked like you have been getting from the other members. I can understand how you feel. Your idea for the KP was totally different from what was revealed. I happen to be very happy with the trailer and the character choices. Shang looks way better than I thought he would both visually and gameplay-wise. I don't mind the guest characters since they are the DLC that sells the most which means more support for the game down the line.

I do think Spawn, Ash and the Terminator will be fun additions to the game. KP2 will most likely include more fan favorites. This game is getting longer support this time around so there is still a huge chance of your favorites coming to the game. Besides, you might end up liking how one or more of the DLC characters play. One thing I learned is that I play characters that "feel right" when I use them, not because they are my favorites.

Hell, I'm using Jacqui in this game and I was never really a fan of the character....until now. I chose to play her out of spite since most here said they hated her. I figured that I would just use her and piss poeple off when I won with a "trash character." Boy was I wrong! I found that her play style is beyond awesome. She's fun to use and does crazy damage. She "feels right" for me to use.

You should see which of the upcoming KP characters feel right and then let the fun commence.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
You don't deserve to be attacked like you have been getting from the other members. I can understand how you feel. Your idea for the KP was totally different from what was revealed. I happen to be very happy with the trailer and the character choices. Shang looks way better than I thought he would both visually and gameplay-wise. I don't mind the guest characters since they are the DLC that sells the most which means more support for the game down the line.

I do think Spawn, Ash and the Terminator will be fun additions to the game. KP2 will most likely include more fan favorites. This game is getting longer support this time around so there is still a huge chance of your favorites coming to the game. Besides, you might end up liking how one or more of the DLC characters play. One thing I learned is that I play characters that "feel right" when I use them, not because they are my favorites.

Hell, I'm using Jacqui in this game and I was never really a fan of the character....until now. I chose to play her out of spite since most here said they hated her. I figured that I would just use her and piss poeple off when I won with a "trash character." Boy was I wrong! I found that her play style is beyond awesome. She's fun to use and does crazy damage. She "feels right" for me to use.

You should see which of the upcoming KP characters feel right and then let the fun commence.
Thanks, man. Appreciated. You get me. Totally.

And I get the attackers, in a fashion. I too would at times lash out at people who would be disappointed and whiny at announcements and trailers which I thought were awesome and I would be all like "If you don't like it, don't play/watch/whine about it" and whatever. No one likes a party pooper and that's what I've been in the past few posts.

It's just that all the tweets, the delays and the promises made me have unrealistic expectations and when I saw what I saw, I was underwhelmed - by a lot, too.

The more I think about it, the more I accept it. It was no I2 / MKX KP2 trailer, and that sucked, but we got to see Shang Tsung. And he delivered.

If NRS would come out and verify some of the stuff we're in the dark about, I wouldn't mind waiting 2-3 years for them to come to fruition. It's the possibility that I'll have to wait 1-2 years and THEN find out that I'm not getting what I'd hope I'd get that rubs me the wrong way.

Seriously, it's better for me to have Boon come out and say "Guys, sorry but … no Havik, no Drahmin, no Sektor, no Cyrax for MK11. It's not happening." And I would be at peace where DLC is concerned, because I'd know. Instead, I have a Havik assist which would ordinarily deconfirm him, but then it is removed. I have a leaked DLC list which doesn't have him, but it may be missing three characters. KP1 has three guests, which means that KP2 possibly has three guests. Which means that if no KP3 is happening, my currently favorite character has only slot free to take. It's as if Boon is playing with my nerves.

EDIT: And for the record, Ash Williams aside (which I give zero fucks about), I think the KP1 had excellent character choices.

Terrible news.
Shang - Great but removes any chances for ninjas. Understandable but still sad. Looks awesome.
Nightwolf - meh. Not my kind of a character but I can still appreciate him.
Sindel - Cool. I hope they won't make her wear burqa like Skarlet tho.
Spawn, Joker, Ash, Terminator - Jesus Christ... 2 comic characters, some guy with a chainsaw and alpha version of cyborgs. Complete waste of slots. Mortal Kombat used to be a Martial Arts Tournament. Even Cyrax/Sektor were martial artists. Now we have Joker who knows shit about fighting without some creepy ass tools (and now he'll have some flying kicks etc.), Ash who has no real qualities except for his chainsaw and character, Terminator who also can't really fight (he just uses weapons and some punches in movies cuz he's made of steel - compare him to Cyrax/Sektor) and Spawn who's really the only one who can fit somehow.
Since Shang blocked my favs, Ferra/Torr is not popular and Fujin and Sheeva are not really all that exciting for me I see nothing to wait for in terms of DLCs. I can somehow understand 1 guest character but 4 is way to much.

I hope this doesn't mean just because the ninjas show in shang's moveset that they won't get to be their own characters. also why are we still doing 1 week early access? i have to wait a week because some suckers decided to buy the season pass

Terrible news.
Shang - Great but removes any chances for ninjas. Understandable but still sad. Looks awesome.
Nightwolf - meh. Not my kind of a character but I can still appreciate him.
Sindel - Cool. I hope they won't make her wear burqa like Skarlet tho.
Spawn, Joker, Ash, Terminator - Jesus Christ... 2 comic characters, some guy with a chainsaw and alpha version of cyborgs. Complete waste of slots. Mortal Kombat used to be a Martial Arts Tournament. Even Cyrax/Sektor were martial artists. Now we have Joker who knows shit about fighting without some creepy ass tools (and now he'll have some flying kicks etc.), Ash who has no real qualities except for his chainsaw and character, Terminator who also can't really fight (he just uses weapons and some punches in movies cuz he's made of steel - compare him to Cyrax/Sektor) and Spawn who's really the only one who can fit somehow.
Since Shang blocked my favs, Ferra/Torr is not popular and Fujin and Sheeva are not really all that exciting for me I see nothing to wait for in terms of DLCs. I can somehow understand 1 guest character but 4 is way to much.
I see where your going with this but to say it's a martial art tournament is stretching it these days. Guns are blazing from alot of the cast. I would normally be against guest characters myself but I'm a huge evil dead fan. He's not just a guy with a chainsaw lol. He's the saviour of humanity and he's back from the future to save the world from evil again

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Hopefully three guests now means less in the inevitable KP2. Get the majority of the guests out of the way while the casuals are still hooked, bring in classics like Fujin and Sheeva to appease the hardcore fans still putting money and time into the game.
I hope you are right, but that was my same reasoning with MKX's KP2.