What's new

Kombat Pack 3 Discussion Thread

I would prefer alternate costumes for the existing dlc characters over new characters.Also i'am not a big fan of those american b-movie horror figures.Can't get any more boring than Jason and that leather dude.Predator and Alien on the other hand are great.If they make another pack, please no more guest characters.Give us Sindel or Jade.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Even if I like Injustice, I prefer a new KP.
I want MKX to be supported until the new MK comes.

New character that i'd like to see: Havik, Fujin, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Skarlet, Rain and Baraka.
Something like them.

KCJ506

Noob
Honestly I think if NRS were to add anymore characters it would just be two post KP characters like they did in Injustice. I really don't think we're getting a third one.

Injustice 2 is most likely coming. Boon had mentioned it awhile back IIRC. And if the last few E3s that were in even numbered years are an indicator, it will be announced at this year's E3. Plus with all the upcoming DC movies, WB is most likely gonna want a game to promote those films.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Nope, i don't want to pay another 30 dollars to buy 4 characters half of which aren't even related to the franchise. I seriously don't want to pay for another dlc, i just don't want to give the money half of the priice i bought the game for and get 4 characters just for them to get shit on in the next patch. Yes, i know. I'm not forced to buy them. But they've already tricked us into giving out 60 more $$$$ by putting our beloved characters we always liked as dlc. I have learned a lesson from NRS, never buy their DLC. Never.

Aramonde

Noob
I say no to more characters. We already have a ton already and NRS doesn't know how to balance dlc characters (im looking at you alien, FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU WITH A RUSTY PITCH FORK UP YOUR ASS!) *breathes*

But what i would want is more balance patches and content like this
I used to like the idea of having new characters, but balancing is so difficult with variations and so many characters. If ever there were a KP3, hopefully it only includes stages. brutalities, skins, etc. No more characters.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Can we agree on "fuck you guest characters"? xD
I'm not a huge fan of the idea typically. They run the risk of not blending well with the environment, which NRS has done a pretty good job of avoiding, but I personally could do without any more movie serial killers. It's my personal reaction, but I have a pretty negative viewpoint of that.

It also drags external IP's into the mix which can cause legal complications down the line. Now that games are so easily updated after the fact, what guarantee do we have that all the content is stable long term? Hopefully that is getting written into any agreements, but that sort of thing does cause problems with games as they age.

I would make an exception to this for say Buffy or Spike. I think they would fit in nicely.

Anyone start a petition yet for a final DLC pack and next patch? Ed Boon even did 3 polls in March for who missed, what female, and kp3 won a poll.

Injustice looks real good, but I'm not a big injustice fan. Mk #1