What's new

Kombat Pack 3 Discussion Thread

This is an NRS original game and they own full content creative direction. So why not just give us a final DLC pack and keep their own fans happy. MK is such a dedicated big fighting game culture!!

The game doesnt have to die because there isnt a patch or more characters. Thats something the community decides for the most part, ie Smash, Marvel vs Capcom. But im all for a KP3.
So in your opinion why do you think players abandon nrs titles? Is it not because of their sega like thinking of making another product before they actually fix the old one?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Anyone start a petition yet for a final DLC pack and next patch?
yeah , cause online petitions are not the most ridiculous waste of time ever and always produce results and actually have the people that count pay attention to them... oh wait hang on.. it is the opposite of that.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Will someone please tell me when an online petition has ever actually done anything, ever?

At every "online petition", here is what I see.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Nope, because NRS has conditioned their fanbase in the last 5 years to forget about the 'old' game once a 'new' game gets announced. Not when it comes out, when it's announced.

They did it to MK9, they did it to Injustice and if they don't announce anything in the next few months, MKX falls into the same pattern.

So in your opinion why do you think players abandon nrs titles? Is it not because of their sega like thinking of making another product before they actually fix the old one?
I think NRS is heavily responsible for their game dying due to all their imperfections, but if a community likes their game enough, they will continue to play it regardless of its condition. If they don't like it much, then thats a different story. But people today are very impressionable and have low attention spans and they know it, thats part of the reason why they get angry in situations like these, because they know they cant resist playing the next new shiny game.

I think NRS is heavily responsible for their game dying due to all their imperfections, but if a community likes their game enough, they will continue to play it regardless of its condition. If they don't like it much, then thats a different story. But people today are very impressionable and have low attention spans and they know it, thats part of the reason why they get angry in situations like these, because they know they cant resist playing the next new shiny game.
But then it's up to NRS to make a better game so the community will like and not abandon it, kinda like the point of this thread.

Last edited:

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
The idea that these TYM threads have ANY effect on the games is just hubris of the most disillusion kind.
How could you feel so strongly about something when the truth is, you don't know how much it influences their decisions?

My character got a hidden brutality added with XL that we specifically asked for, as well as other moves we specifically asked for. My character also had an infinite blockstring against a character or two, which was only discovered in the XL beta. We had a great big thread about it, an NRS employee even commented on that thread, and now the infinite is gone. That instance alone proves you're statement is wrong.

That said, I don't believe a petition will change anyone's mind. Either they'll release a KP3 because they think there is still profit in it, or they'll focus completely on Injustice 2. Doesn't hurt to try though, the most it'll cost you is a few minutes of your time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
How could you feel so strongly about something when the truth is, you don't know how much it influences their decisions?

My character got a hidden brutality added with XL that we specifically asked for, as well as other moves we specifically asked for. My character also had an infinite blockstring against a character or two, which was only discovered in the XL beta. We had a great big thread about it, an NRS employee even commented on that thread, and now the infinite is gone. That instance alone proves you're statement is wrong.

That said, I don't believe a petition will change anyone's mind. Either they'll release a KP3 because they think there is still profit in it, or they'll focus completely on Injustice 2. Doesn't hurt to try though, the most it'll cost you is a few minutes of your time.
The instant they put Tremor in MK9 Challenge tower from PSvita most of us knew he would be in the next MK game. Same with Tanya as Cameo character in the Shao Kahn's Coliseum.

shura30

Shura
They did it to MK9, they did it to Injustice and if they don't announce anything in the next few months, MKX falls into the same pattern.
only that this time the game might survive a little longer because the new online experience
if igau2 doesn't appeal because of the gear a lot of player might fall back to mkx and still play something that is playable

going back to mk9's online was unthinkable

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Assuming kp3 gets confirmed at EVO, who are the characters you predict we'll get?
If this is the last kombat pack, are we gonna get 6 characters or just the usual 4?
Are we getting a guest characters this time around as well? and which characters are getting new skins this time?
Do you think the game vastly lacks female characters and that kp3 should compensate that?
Do you think we're gonna get a new story pack in addition to the characters?

My predictions is that there's going to be atleast 4 characters and i hope they will be:
Noob saibot
Fujin
Rain
Sareena

Baraka, Sindal, Kabal, NightWorf, Striker and Enenra are all possible candidates as well. And no i still don't think Jade will make it despite the twitter poll results, sorry. It's like thinking Shao khan will be added despite the game already having another damn khan.

As for guest characters, Nothing on the top of my head. When Alien was just a rumor i thought the idea is absurd but then NRS proved that anything is possible so with that on mind, please post your thoughts.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Now let's all be very careful here, because I'll actually be extremely surprised if KP3 becomes a thing at all. I doubt it's what will be announced at EVO so let's keep in mind that something else could totally be announced at EVO.

Now that that's out of the way:

1. Havik

2. More development time for Havik

3. Havik's twin brother

4. Mokap

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Yeah this is just purely for hype, if no kp3 was announced then mods can send this thread to the netherrealm with all our hopes and dreams.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Either Rain or Fujin
Either Sareena or Sindel
Injustice guest (most likely either Grundy or Superman)
Either Michael Myers or Terminator
lol I had the same ideas well similar, Fujin and Terminator or MM were my guess for guest characters.

But for MK, definitely Fujin and either Rain or Sareena, Kabal someone like that.