What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Whatever characters NRS adds will get people hyped. They got hyped for Rambo, Bo'Rai Cho and Sheeva for fuck's sake
Hardcore MK fans would get hyped. Casuals would not. They don’t know who the fuck Bo’Rai Cho is and would rather have one of the ninjas or cyborgs.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Who the fuck was hype for Bo Rai Cho?

I love some of the 3D era characters, but Taven and Daegon are bottom of the barrel trash. Their story was the lowest point in Mortal Kombat's story, so I absolutely believe that NRS will be looking to bring them back. They're making sure they run MK's story into the ground, and no duo can do that better than Taven and Daegon, aka "Who?" And "Why?"

I find it interesting they coughed up Mileena and Rain as early as they did. You'd think they'd release Ermac/Smoke/Reptile first, and then Mileena/Rain as the grand finale.

You seem to forget that Bo Rai Cho was released with Alien, Leatherface and Triborg who was essentially 3 Cyborgs from the Klassic Trilogy+Cyber Sub. 2 Guests and a collection of familiar movesets.

Nobody cared about Bo Rai Cho in comparison... in fact I think some people were complaining about him being put in.
And I doubt the people that hated Bo Rai Cho for being a farting puking joke had their minds changed in MKX.

I stick tot he opinion that Reiko >>>>>> Kano any day. Guy banged both Skarlet and Mileena and kicked Jax's ass so hard that it left him comatose. True Outworld General. I also liked his gameplay in MK4 and MKA.
Then he got turned into a skin puddle because he was being played by Havik.

Which is funny because the only other person who got played by a guy with half his face missing was Shujinko.

Last edited:
@MK Dragon shits on leaks he personally doesn’t like, and pontificates about the likelihood of the ones he does, and constantly tries to undermine DVD to the point where it’s distracting.

dude! We get it...you didn’t get the credit and attention that you would’ve liked for the mileena inclusion, but you gotta give it a rest, bro. It’s getting weird.

of course you’re entitled to share your opinion and speculate like anyone, but you do it with a posture of being an authority or having more insight than others.
Whatever makes you happy man. I'm just trying to warn people, that's all. Actually I do no such thing. I've always been upfront about what I know, everything I say is my own opinion and that's it. You can just ignore it. If you're referring to my take on Waddles. A guy asked me so I told him. It all doesn't matter now anyway, MK official twitter just tweeted Johnny, Sonya & Raiden movie skins so no Liu Kang. Meaning: Waddles is full of it.

I'm neutral on Big Bo, I don't hate or like him.
I'm not attacking him either, I'm saying that people who hated BRC for that reason probably didn't change their minds in X because the farting and puking was still there.

Sheeva came out with Fujin (Both of whom were known for a year due to intro datamines) and a Guest Character.
AND RAMBO CAME OUT WITH MILEENA AND RAIN!!

C'mon son.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Not even NRS gave a fuck about Bo. They didn't even update his NPC model from the story mode.

Remember the KP1 reveal trailer?
Triborg hovers out and changes forms
Leatherface comes out revving his chainsaw
Alien drops from above and reveals its Tarkatan blades
Bo Rai Cho . . . . . walks out and stands there

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I would love to see a version of Bo Rai Cho that wasn't constantly farting and spewing his guts out. All his dialog in MKX was awesome, a sharp tounged old monk who always has a trick up his sleeve. But as soon as the match starts he becomes a joke.

Would be nice if we could have a fat character that wasn't played as a comedy beat.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I would love to see a version of Bo Rai Cho that wasn't constantly farting and spewing his guts out. All his dialog in MKX was awesome, a sharp tounged old monk who always has a trick up his sleeve. But as soon as the match starts he becomes a joke.

Would be nice if we could have a fat character that wasn't played as a comedy beat.
I agree. But that's because other than Mokap and maybe Meat, MK doesn't have an established joke character. Bo Rai Cho is the "funny gross fat man" trope and nothing more.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you

Tekken Bob is still the best fat character in a fighting game, in my opinion. Bo has all the makings of a great and fun character: fat, sharp tongue, nimble, kung-fu expert, and drunken master. I think the team's boomer humour keep him from being really awesome. I don't want some grimdark Bo, but I don't think the farting and puking is really necessary.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Who the fuck was hype for Bo Rai Cho?

I love some of the 3D era characters, but Taven and Daegon are bottom of the barrel trash. Their story was the lowest point in Mortal Kombat's story, so I absolutely believe that NRS will be looking to bring them back. They're making sure they run MK's story into the ground, and no duo can do that better than Taven and Daegon, aka "Who?" And "Why?"
Bo Rai Cho has a personality and gimmicks - something to build on. Some people may not like his stuff, but it was there. Taven & Daegon had absolutely nothing. Blander than grandma’s lingerie.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

Its such a shame because looking at his gameplay you'd have no idea he was the one who taught Liu Kang the Flying Kick he used to defeat Shang Tsung.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I agree. But that's because other than Mokap and maybe Meat, MK doesn't have an established joke character. Bo Rai Cho is the "funny gross fat man" trope and nothing more.
I suppose so, but there is so much goofy stuff already (Friendships, weird brutality poses, silly fatalities) that I'm not sure they need a dedicated "joke" character. I mean, they have Johnny if they want a guy who balances being a legit character and a vehicle to poke fun at things with.