What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

mattteo

Noob
In any case, Aftermath 2.0 is fully dead with proof.

Why does Cary not having new intros deconfirm Aftermarh 2.0 and "with proof"?

You mean that he would have had to come back to record for the atory mode and he surely would have recorded new intros? That's a good point, but I don't know how much Shang Tsung was in the story mode. He seemed to just get defeated by Daegon and Havik, then go with them and make Mileena in the past. That was it. How many lines would that need? They could also reuse stuff or he could have recorded them previously. The script can't have been unknown to executives and developers 1 year ago when Cary recorded his lines.

If his lines from the Sub-Zero-Noob dialogue also fit the Rain-Daegon dialogue, it was normal to reuse them.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Yeah, I also noticed MK Dragon seems hard-pressed to deconfirm DVD at every chance he gets. But let's not get into that AGAIN.

Whether Aftermath 2.0 happens or not, DVD is legit in my eyes for leaking KP2 before anyone else. Besides, it's not like there's a leaker who got everything 100% correct every single time.

That said, DVD does have a tendency of presenting his speculation as inside info (correcting himself when cornered), as well as presenting NRS brainstorming sessions as 'actually in development'. So yeah, the guy's legit, but also prone to misinformation, gathering confusion and distrust from the MK community as a result.

So yeah, he deserves both the praise and the crap at the same time. Truly a unique case.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Anything's possible if the characters are popular. Mileena was reconfirmed as well as Rain. I can only hope for Smoke, Ermac or Reptile. But I also would love the cybers Sektor and Cyrax. Hell I'd even take Triborg or QuadBorg

Honestly the more I think on it the more I hate DVD's Leak and I'd be pretty angry to see it come to fruition.

You have a huge list of Trilogy Klassics and 3D Era candidates but you choose to focus on two absolute Losers from Armageddon and Reiko when we already have Shao Kahn and Noob? Now yeah some characters deserve a second chance but not these 3 losers and not to the degree where they have giant parts in Story Mode. My only solace is Havik and reading his dialogue makes him sound like a cringeworthy Joker-lite.

Speaking of the Story Mode "leak" it is brain-meltingly stupid, even compared to Vanilla and Aftermath.
I have read fanfiction with legitimately better writing.

My absolute favorite part of that Story leak is when Reiko said he actually liked Mileena the whole time and no shit shouts "This is for her!!" before beating D'vorah.
My second favorite part is how Daegon killed Firegod Liu, Forced Shang to serve him, Killed Shao Kahn, Enslaved Cetrion, Hypnotized Raiden+Fujin, Took Sindel as his Wife, then turned her into a Cuckold by openly sleeping with her daughter Mileena/Kitana years later. That's some quality Villain writing. It sounds like something some fanboy would write to make him seem cool.

And last but not least let's look at the DLC lineup:
6 Characters in MK11: 3 Trilogy Characters and 3 Guests
6 Characters in Aftermath+Ultimate: 1 3D Era Guy, 3 Trilogy Characters and 2 Guests
6 Characters in This Leak: 3 Nobodies very few people wanted back if at all, 2 Holdovers from X and a botched Havik. No Guests.

Who does this appeal to? How is this meant to sell? Takeda and Quan are nice but not as a follow up to Mileena and Rain.
Like I said I'm hoping anything confirms Waddles Leak because DVD's sounds like hot stinking garbage.

Well I use Kronika as my announcer and I have noticed there is a lot more reverb to Jennifer Hale's lines for "Mileena", "Rain" and "Rambo" than on any other characters, which certainly gives the impression that they were recorded during a completely different session.

Though that could just be the result of them finalising the after-effects for use in the game and just not getting them quite right, so who knows.

It is however a comforting thought that maybe somewhere in the NRS archives there's a whole sound reel of Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa just saying "Meat. Mokap. Kobra. Hsu Hao. Hornbuckle. Belokk. No Face. Gemini. Apep. Delia. Kia. Jataaka. Harumi. Satoshi. Gorbak. Duroc. Art Lean. Master Boyd. Vorpax. Siro. Ruby. Komodai. Jimmy Cage. Hikata. Lieutenant Lance. Henge..." on the off-chance that any of them ever appear in the game! :D
I mean they probably didn't and even if they did, no way any of those characters were recorded ;)

You mean that he would have had to come back to record for the atory mode and he surely would have recorded new intros? That's a good point, but I don't know how much Shang Tsung was in the story mode. He seemed to just get defeated by Daegon and Havik, then go with them and make Mileena in the past. That was it. How many lines would that need? They could also reuse stuff or he could have recorded them previously. The script can't have been unknown to executives and developers 1 year ago when Cary recorded his lines.

If his lines from the Sub-Zero-Noob dialogue also fit the Rain-Daegon dialogue, it was normal to reuse them.
Tagawa not having unique lines for KP2 means his last work was done all at once (KP1 & Aftermath intro lines were done before launch and they were already working on Aftermath before launch so likely he only had to return maybe once). No way back then there was any indication of KP2 - if we're lead to believe what DVD claims of Rain & Mileena suddenly switched with Daegon & Havik and them working on Aftermath 2.0 still - so neither was that 2nd story planned way back then. While Shang's role might be little, there's still lines that need to be recorded. Logically speaking, it doesn't make sense that Cary didn't record intro lines for KP2 but did for the story. They're not just going to re-use lines, cut and paste in the story like they did for intros.

This would then mean either
  1. they are still in development and Cary would come back a second time, when they will re-do everything
  2. or cut his part in case he refuses for whatever reason.
The first option seems illogical, because why not have him do the lines and intros before KP2's release and kill two birds with one stone? Surely his short part should have dialogue ready by now. The second option is possible, sure, but he's such a big character in Aftermath and key to whatever happens that cutting him out completely just doesn't seem like something NRS would do. So proof is not the right word, but it's all just highly unlikely and evenmore so illogical given what he claims and what we can take from this.

mattteo

Noob
DVD's sounds like hot stinking garbage.

DVD's leak now sounds like garbage after we were all praying for just KP2 with 4 characters out of which just 2 MK ones some months ago??

Well, you are pretentious. Just proves how people always think they are entitled more. Not trying to offend you, but it just seems that you changed 100% from 1 year ago when we weren't even sure we would be getting even KP2. See these:

And if you don't like 3D characters like Daegon or Taven or Reiko, it doesn't mean you have good taste. It's subjective. I don't like Jacqui, Sonya, D'vorah, Cassie or Stryker.

I just said the more I think about it and compare it to Waddles leak, the more I hate DVD's.
But it's not just that, I'm also comparing it to the DLC we've gotten in 11 so far.

We DID get KP2, in the form of Aftermath and Ultimate this year. And that's some damn good content!
Fujin, Sheeva, Mileena, Rain, Friendships, UMK3 Ninja Girls, Human Frost, MK6 Sub-Zero, The Dead Pool, Retrokade, Soul Chamber and Kustoms are Legal now. This is all Great Stuff.

Which is why "Aftermath 2.0" is such a bitter sour thing to follow it up with. With the exception of Stryker those characters are Base Game, this is DLC. These packs are made up of characters NRS expects you to pay for, characters you want to pay for.
I wouldn't waste money on this.

You're following up great content with content that sucks. Trading a healthy mix of Guests/Klassics (which is apparently very successful with fans/casuals) with 2 bargain bin characters nobody can get behind, no guests or Klassic Ninjas to snag the casual audience, the only decent 3D pick being Havik whose depiction doesn't sound promising and Reiko. Not Sareena, not Ashrah, Not Nitara Not Kai but....fuckin Reiko.

Call me pretentious and entitled, I don't care. Especially when I know it's only because you're the one die-hard fan of Daven and Taegon in this community and I'm dumping on them so hard. Of course you'll get defensive.

But when I see we can have better content than this and HAVE HAD better content for what's going to be 2 years my opinion on Aftermath 2.0 changes pretty quick. I know the larger fanbase wouldn't be happy with it either.

mattteo

Noob
Which is why "Aftermath 2.0" is such a bitter sour thing to follow it up with.
........ Not Sareena, not Ashrah, Not Nitara Not Kai but....fuckin Reiko.

I disagree. I think Aftermath showing more 3D era charctters would be a good thing. I have my issues with it and some things I dkn't like and NRS writers would probably humiliate the bad guys again like they did with Quan Chi and I doubt it's true based on the fact that hardly anyone unless it's a tester or youtuber could have played the story mode in November 2020 as it can't possibly be already done, but that's not to say ot's bad.

And Reiko is better than all those characters, maybe except for Ashrah. Certainly better than those already in the game: Jacqui, Sonya/Cassie, Jax, Kano, D'vorah, Frost, Cetrion, Geras, Kollector, Sheeva.

More 3D Era characters are fine as long as they're ones worth investing in. Quality is more important than Quantity (ironic since the Quality choice has more characters) which is another reason why I compare both leaks and get annoyed.

Both have Quan Chi, Takeda and Havik in their respective leaks so let's take them out.
In one leak you get Sareena whose long been overdue and Ashrah who is perfect for this game's style, adding more women into the game. In the other one you get 2 potato ass characters from Armageddon and a bargain bin Shao Kahn when we have Shao in the game already.

In the absence of nothing, sure I guess it would be appealing but after reading Waddles leak now I see how we could have so much better than settling for Aftermath 2.0.

Oh and get outta here with that "Reiko is better than [X]" nonsense.
Now there's a lot of characters in your list I don't personally like but I like em a whole lot more than Reiko lol

Shao Kahn even took the best part of Reiko's entire existence (the MK4 Kick Fatality) and surprise surprise it looks way better on him.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
More 3D Era characters are fine as long as they're ones worth investing in. Quality is more important than Quantity (ironic since the Quality choice has more characters) which is another reason why I compare both leaks and get annoyed.

Both have Quan Chi, Takeda and Havik in their respective leaks so let's take them out.
In one leak you get Sareena whose long been overdue and Ashrah who is perfect for this game's style, adding more women into the game. In the other one you get 2 potato ass characters from Armageddon and a bargain bin Shao Kahn when we have Shao in the game already.

In the absence of nothing, sure I guess it would be appealing but after reading Waddles leak now I see how we could have so much better than settling for Aftermath 2.0.

Oh and get outta here with that "Reiko is better than [X]" nonsense.
Now there's a lot of characters in your list I don't personally like but I like em a whole lot more than Reiko lol

Shao Kahn even took the best part of Reiko's entire existence (the MK4 Kick Fatality) and surprise surprise it looks way better on him.
I think your mistake is comparing MK9-11 characters with MK4 Reiko.

I'm pretty sure that if they remake him for MK11, he will be a lot more interesting and impressive than he ever was.

That said, I do believe that Waddles leak is vastly superior to DVD's in terms of roster, although I would gladly trade Ermac for Sektor.

I think your mistake is comparing MK9-11 characters with MK4 Reiko.

I'm pretty sure that if they remake him for MK11, he will be a lot more interesting and impressive than he ever was.

That said, I do believe that Waddles leak is vastly superior to DVD's in terms of roster, although I would gladly trade Ermac for Sektor.
Nah I mean all of Reiko but you know who was fun in MK4 but only MK4

Kai.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Tbh, there are at least 100 comic characters that would be better than the Comedian. And 1000 film characters.
Seriously, the only guest I could see being worse than the Comedian would be an actual comedian. Like Jerry Seinfeld.
Or Louie Anderson.
Sinbad would be acceptable.
if they were going to use a Watchmen character, Dr. Manhattan is the obvious choice and it’s not close. He’d be amazing.

if we get another guest I hope it’s a woman. And o hope that woman is Uma as The Bride. She fits The game and universe and tone perfectly.

honestly, there shouldn’t ever be an MK game that doesn’t feature all of the principal ninjas, like come on. Ermac, Reptile and Smoke should absolutely be in the game. Cyrax and Sektor should be in the game. Tremor is the cutoff for me. I love him and want him in, but he’s not a staple must include by any means.

I hope they’re not included because they know they’ll sell as DLC and not because they decided that they needed to sit a game out.

Leaving takeda out was absurd. By far the most interesting Kombat kid. Avenging his dads death after being estranged would’ve been awesome. Maybe he could even inherit his powers to some degree.

Anyways.

@BarakaTile What you write here makes loads of sense and is why I tend not to believe the DVD leak: https://testyourmight.com/threads/kombat-pack-3-4-and-5-leak-from-the-guy-that-leaked-aftermath.73593/page-6#post-2661091

It's just too cheesy and out of character/tone for MK. Also I agree that Taven/Daegon/Reiko over Smoke/Ermac/Reptile would never be greenlit by WB for a game that they are allowing an unprecedented amount of post-launch support for. They know the value of the ninjas, which dwarfs any perceived value of random MKA protagonists. I also find the lack of guests and females in DVD's leak suspicious. Again, would WB really allow that in today's economic and cultural climate? They obviously look at MK as a platform to promote their other properties, and the lack of any females after Mileena is a bit batty. I'm not saying that makes Waddles leak right, but it does seem more plausible.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Let's just look at it from a business perspective.

They've just added Mileena and Rain, two MK characters who have been heavily demanded by fans (for years in Rains case).

MK11 is looking to be their longest supported title. Regardless of that, they must still be getting some drop off of players. Their best chance at pulling more people back in and/or retaining people is to bring back the fan favourites - something that they've just shown they're willing to do by releasing Mileena and Rain.

What would get people who have dropped MK11/thinking of dropping MK11 to stick around? Taven and Daegon, or Reptile and Ermac?

Come on guys.

I find it very hard to believe NRS would go from a pack consisting of two of the most loved MK ninjas of all time and one of the biggest actors in Hollywood history, to some of the most forgettable and disliked characters from the series lowest point
After everything is said and done, this is exactly what makes the DVD one hard for me to believe. Look at the DLC they've released up until this point. Every MK character is somebody that has an extremely vocal fanbase that has wide recognition and appeal. I dunno, maybe Nightwolf didn't have a super vocal fanbase? But he's still absolutely a beloved and recognizable character. Kinda same with Sheeva. But other than that, you've got Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Fujin, Rain and Mileena. After that, you have a bunch of guest characters that even your grandma would recognize. The common theme there is that those DLC characters are easy to sell.

To go from that to characters that basically only die hard Mortal Kombat fans recognize, and no guest characters at all would be...puzzling. Ask someone who their favorite Mortal Kombat character of all time is. I think every character I mentioned above has a reasonable shot of getting one vote at least. Tell me about the person who answers that question with Taven/Daegon/Reiko. Even the ones who are more popular aren't exactly home run hits (Quan Chi, Shinnok, Takeda). Certainly not compared to the heavy hitters that are already DLC, or the splash they'd get for including the remaining ninjas, or basically any guest character for casual players.

I think the only question to really ask when considering the viability of DLC, beyond hard proof, is: who would they be trying to sell this pack to?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
After everything is said and done, this is exactly what makes the DVD one hard for me to believe. Look at the DLC they've released up until this point. Every MK character is somebody that has an extremely vocal fanbase that has wide recognition and appeal. I dunno, maybe Nightwolf didn't have a super vocal fanbase? But he's still absolutely a beloved and recognizable character. Kinda same with Sheeva. But other than that, you've got Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Fujin, Rain and Mileena. After that, you have a bunch of guest characters that even your grandma would recognize. The common theme there is that those DLC characters are easy to sell.

To go from that to characters that basically only die hard Mortal Kombat fans recognize, and no guest characters at all would be...puzzling. Ask someone who their favorite Mortal Kombat character of all time is. I think every character I mentioned above has a reasonable shot of getting one vote at least. Tell me about the person who answers that question with Taven/Daegon/Reiko. Even the ones who are more popular aren't exactly home run hits (Quan Chi, Shinnok, Takeda). Certainly not compared to the heavy hitters that are already DLC, or the splash they'd get for including the remaining ninjas, or basically any guest character for casual players.

I think the only question to really ask when considering the viability of DLC, beyond hard proof, is: who would they be trying to sell this pack to?
Exactly

Yes, they love to add characters fans want, but they are also a business and need to make money. Sure any pack they do will make a lot of cash, but I cannot see a world in which they bring this to WB and WB goes "Yeah, this will sell as well as the last three"

Compare this to the Waddles leak (which I am still leaning towards fake on), in which you get three ninjas, characters from the 3D era with actually vocal fans (Sareena/Ashrah), and your guests. Even if both are fake, one sounds a lot more realistic from a money making perspective.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I saw a leak of Scarlett Johansson being the face and body model for the cast of MK12. Now that’s something I believe.
Ok. But hey...you've been following leaks. Is there any place where I can find that reddit thread from ramzzz's video?
People actually watch that guy? He’s literally clickbait trash that gives these stupid leaks of the day a platform. He should stop and other people should stop giving it attention. The only believable source of all these leaks is and remains the thiny. The rest is just unbelievable to me.

Cashual

Yeah, I also noticed MK Dragon seems hard-pressed to deconfirm DVD at every chance he gets. But let's not get into that AGAIN.

Whether Aftermath 2.0 happens or not, DVD is legit in my eyes for leaking KP2 before anyone else. Besides, it's not like there's a leaker who got everything 100% correct every single time.

That said, DVD does have a tendency of presenting his speculation as inside info (correcting himself when cornered), as well as presenting NRS brainstorming sessions as 'actually in development'. So yeah, the guy's legit, but also prone to misinformation, gathering confusion and distrust from the MK community as a result.

So yeah, he deserves both the praise and the crap at the same time. Truly a unique case.
@MK Dragon shits on leaks he personally doesn’t like, and pontificates about the likelihood of the ones he does, and constantly tries to undermine DVD to the point where it’s distracting.

dude! We get it...you didn’t get the credit and attention that you would’ve liked for the mileena inclusion, but you gotta give it a rest, bro. It’s getting weird.

of course you’re entitled to share your opinion and speculate like anyone, but you do it with a posture of being an authority or having more insight than others.

Cashual

Manhattan would be better for Injustice. Can't have a reality bending Ultra God with gameplay as tame as MK11. He's gotta be throwing universes and have a floppy dick
I agree that he better fits injustice, but then again I feel that way about every comic character that isn’t Spawn. I’m just saying more so in response to the leak claiming Comedian is in and saying if we do get one of them I want Dr. M.

Geras works pretty well in MK11 and he has some pretty rule bending/reality shifting stuff that gives me belief that Dr. M could work.

Honestly, I only want 1 more guest and I would prefer either The Bride or Michael Myers. I don’t want a Jason clone though, I’d want Myers to have some unique buff/debuffs, command grabs, tele...:.ok apparently I DO want a Jason clone lol. I’m guess Terminator already is, but MM and s so iconic and could be imposing. I definitely understand why others don’t want MM though, I’m just a horror fan.

maybe some day we will get an NRS horror fighter....

mattteo

Noob
People actually watch that guy? He’s literally clickbait trash ....... The only believable source of all these leaks is and remains the thiny. The rest is just unbelievable to me.

Yes, I know about ramzzz being clickbait teash,but that video was different. It might be a fake, but I wanted to investigate it.

The thiny just datamines, he isn't all knowing and not always right. He said characters Stryker, Sektor etc would come at least in voice dialogue. Never happened.

mattteo

Noob
Kinda same with Sheeva.
This is simply wrong, sorry. Sheeva had long been considered the worst of the worst characters, right there with Mokap, Jacqui, Kobra, Hsu Hao and Stryker.

When people saw her in the MKX comics it changed their mind a little. When she was announced in the DLC people were definitely 99.99% asking "why Sheeva??"