What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
They match up too well together like the Taven+Shinnok fusion dance, The Elder Gods coming back and Sareena being cut
They also describe bits of Rain and Mileena which have matched up to now and I haven't seen him say "that leak is bs" either.
If DVD's leak is on the mark then so is that Story Mode.

Also has he ever leaked the movie skins before?
I don't think that DVD ever mentioned skins of any kind.

As for the leaks matching up, the 2nd leaker could just as well be someone who took DVD's leak and turned it up to eleven. That doesn't make DVD's leak the same.

Out of curiosity, I checked out DVD's Reddit comment history to remind myself how early/accurately he guessed stuff. 6 months ago, he was claiming that KP2 was six characters, which included Havik and Daegon. No mention of Rain at the time. Originally he guessed Sareena, and then eventually switched her out with Mileena. He's constantly changing his story about who/what is coming. I think a lot of his credibility comes from detailing story mode before the game was out, but I don't think it's that farfetched to believe that he could have gotten his hands on it pre-release and broken the street date. I used to work at Blockbuster and we got games in before the release date all the time.

As far as guessing some characters, when you guess 20 different characters, and 6 happen to be right, it's pretty easy to say "I guess those other ones got cancelled". Not to mention he's known to just straight up edit his comments after the fact. I think all of this stuff, plus survivorship bias of just happening to be the one of the million fake leaks that kinda sorta got it right, keeps him around. Who knows, maybe NRS really is changing up all this stuff all over the place and will decide to release all these random nobody characters, but to me this just feels like a person who got some good guesses.

mattteo

Noob
But he didn't just change his story. He said Havik and Daegon were pushed back and Mileena and Rain brought forth in August, when most people were expecting 4 characters, not 3.

And Ultimate is actually sold as 6 characters, the ones from Aftermath and the ones from KP2.

And Mileena being brought from KP3, which would explain the lack of females:
If DVD was lying, wouldn't he have named a female in KP3? And a guest? I mean, these are basics for a leaker faking stuff. Unless he's an idiot

But he didn't just change his story. He said Havik and Daegon were pushed back and Mileena and Rain brought forth in August, when most people were expecting 4 characters, not 3.

And Ultimate is actually sold as 6 characters, the ones from Aftermath and the ones from KP2.

And Mileena being brought from KP3, which would explain the lack of females:
If DVD was lying, wouldn't he have named a female in KP3? And a guest? I mean, these are basics for a leaker faking stuff. Unless he's an idiot
I think thethiny's reading too much into what Boon said. What Boon was trying to say is that if another pack is coming up, it's the third one, I don't think he's literally saying "she going to be in a pack called Kombat Pack 3".

But he did change his story. Six months ago he didn't say anything about Rain. He can't have it both ways. Either NRS has everything planned out way ahead of time, or they're frantically changing their minds and going back to the drawing board and reordering characters every few months. He's more or less claiming the second one, in which case even if he's a real leaker, the leaks are pretty useless when it could be scrapped tomorrow. One thing you can probably take Boon at his word for is that it takes something 3 or 4 months to develop a character top to bottom. I doubt they've just dumped tons of work into all these characters that are just sitting around waiting to be released and making no money, or just thrown out altogether. I also doubt that with all the stuff he claims to know, there just isn't even a passing mention of Rain until close to his release date.

If I had to put my money on something, it'd be one of three things, or a mix of all:
  1. He works for a store that gets their materials pretty early, and he's opening games ahead of the street date.
  2. He does have a legitimate source, but he's making up stuff that he thinks would be cool to mix in.
  3. He's a lucky guesser because he guesses a lot, and we just ignore the leaks that didn't happen to get some things right.
At the end of the day, he has been right about stuff, but he's also been wrong about stuff. If we're willing to pass off him being wrong as "NRS changed plans I guess", we need to also be open to lots of possibilities about why he's right.

mattteo

Noob
At the end of the day, he has been right about stuff, but he's also been wrong about stuff.

Ok, I'll shed away all my trust if you know things that he has been wrong about.

Seriously. I saw someone say that he was wrong because in the story description he said Fujin, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Jax and Jacqui are on the island togethwr when Cetrion is defeatd and the truth is Jacqui only came after the fight.

But if these are the things he was wrong about...I mean, leakers are sharing things, not official communication channel to get things 100% right. Sometimes not even those do that

Ok, I'll shed away all my trust if you know things that he has been wrong about.

Seriously. I saw someone say that he was wrong because in the story description he said Fujin, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Jax and Jacqui are on the island togethwr when Cetrion is defeatd and the truth is Jacqui only came after the fight.

But if these are the things he was wrong about...I mean, leakers are sharing things, not official communication channel to get things 100% right. Sometimes not even those do that
Some stuff he said all around the same time (6 months ago):

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/ggew48/_/fqjhfn2
"Hi. No, see the thread I made.
From what I know it will be KP2: Fujin, Sheeva, Robocop, Havik, Daegon, Rambo.
KP3: Taven/Shinnok, Mileena, Takeda, Reiko, Sareena, Quan Chi.
Rambo might get sent to KP3 if they agree on terms for Ash or Myers as they had already started working on them when discussions fell. If Rambo gets sent to KP3, then one of those will be out, most likely Quan Chi."

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/ggew48/_/fq2m90y
"There is also KP2. Will be announced in June"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/ggblzh/_/fpznjvp
Looks like the comment got deleted, but it's also from six months ago. He also edited it, but according to his comment history, here's what it said:

"I said I only post on this subreddit one more time. Believe me or don't, up to you. I told you Joker and all ninjas in one chameleonic character come in KP1 a long time ago, told you about story DLC, about Robocop last month, moderators can check my previous posts if they have that power to see what was written (year ROB was out, but I knew about him for 6 months now).
Aftermath 1 has young Scorpion defeated again in story mode. (yes, he loses again :D or is just trapped), will end with a possibility of playing as either Shang Tsung or Liu Kang ("Choose your ending"). If you play as Shang Tsung, he become Ruler supreme of all the Universe instead of Kronika (who you fight again). If you play as Liu Kang, he beats Shang Tsung and apparently the good guys win.
KP2 is different from Aftermath. It has Fuiin, Sheeva, Robocop, Havik, Daegon and another guest, who was supposed to be Ash (but got changed), was supposed to be Michael Myers (but also got changed) and it's going to be RAMBO. Yeah, you heard me. This way you'll know I'm telling the truth.
KP3 contains Taven/Shinnok, Takeda, Reiko, Sareena, Quan Chi. I have description for all the characters in my language.
When Aftermath 2 happens, you'll see that none of the 2 endings really takes place, as Daegon and Havik take the Crown and shape a new Universe for their own purposes. However, the Elder Gods are not dead this time, but manage to escape in their own "Nexus outside of time and space", where we see them in their big forms with Shinnok bound in the middle (I have a pic of this). Quan Chi is apparently angry that Shinnok abandoned him and the Elder gods get him to help with a spell that purges all free will from Shinnok and makes him their weapon against Daegon, who now wears Kronika's Crown. Taven is seen in the shadow as the Elder Gods give him Shinnok to assist him in the "battle of all battles".
Daegon was originally supposed to be the assist for Taven in a Taven/Daegon player like Noob/Smoke, but they worked around that. They release Daegon as his own character and Shinnok, who was originally his own, will work as an assist for taven, assist who gets summoned mid-fight. Kenshi is dead and takeda is searching for his killer. The hero of this expansion pack is Takeda, who manages to defeat Daegon and get the Crown of Kronika back to the moment where Liu Kang got killed (the point from which he restarts the Universe). Takeda is with Cassie, Jacqui (no word of Jin) and offers the Crown to Liu Kang as he believes he is the right one to take Kronika's place. It is a bridge scene between the 2 generations. End of Mortal Kombat 11.
I don't know why they chose Quan Chi to be dlc again, I don't care about him, he just is. Originally it was that Ashrah woman, but they replaced her with Quan Chi (the full DLC was: 1: Shang Tsung, Mileena, Shinnok, Nightwolf, Terminator, Joker, 2: Sindel, Fujin, Sheeva, Chameleon (which they later used with Shang), Spawn, Ash Williams, Havik, Taven/Daegon, Takeda Takahashi, Reiko, Sareena, Ashrah- she was the last one, so they didn't even get started on working ). Originally Shinnok was supposed to be in KP1 as well. Actually, he was supposed to be in the main roster, but then they kept delaying him. And the 4 ninjas Ermac, Reptile, Rain and Smoke were supposed to be their own character, but then got put together with Shang, early before any was worked on much. In total there are 43 characters. You can buy the KPs separately from the Aftermath expansions. Guests are not part of the story expansions.
Other characters that were considered were: Tanya, Stryker, Argus, Delia and a new red dragonlike woman creature, but none of those will be in the game. That's all. Reptile, Ermac, Cyrax, Sektor were never consider for this one (sorry guys, I like them too).
Eventually all stages will get fatalities. We will get an Orderrealm stage with Aftermath 2.0. Havik has shaped a future in which titans and monsters are unleashed upon the realms and he watches as a God of Chaos. Hotaru and Darrius cameos, they are mentioned in Havik's description. There is also kombat league with banners of those 2 coming. Daegon rules Earthrealm and has killed everyone there. Takeda defeats him and he is imprisoned by his brother.
You're welcomed."

Altogether, this is a bit too much waffling and nonsense for my tastes. Sure, you can attribute it to "NRS is changing their plans all over the place", but again, if that's true, it makes these leaks useless even if they're accurate.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Look I don't care about what leak is true anymore, it's getting tiresome. Dvd seems to edit his comments a lot which doesn't help his case and, quite frankly, kinda makes all this a lot harder to follow about what he did or did not say, or even who's leak is who's. It also doesn't help that he kinda comes off as an ass tbh.

To end this discussion about leaks and who's leak is real or whatever, I'll end it. Since Ash does not seem to be coming, Just tell me what leak has Sareena as a playable character and that's the leak that is true. If it's all of them, then they're all true. If it's none of them, then none are true. Let's move on

mattteo

Noob
Just tell me what leak has Sareena as a playable character and that's the leak that is true. If it's all of them, then they're all true. If it's none of them, then none are true. Let's move on

So you're basing your belief on absolutely nothing true?

About it getting tiresome...I like talking about what is true and what not.

I made a long thread: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/79079097

Maybe this will tell you which ones are true. I hope for you that Sareena is playable but won't hope 100% because that would mean the Daegon leak is fake and I would want Daegon more.than Sareena. But would be glad for you if you got your favourite-Sareena.

Just one thing, dvd is not an actual guy working at a store or a shop. He’s not from some poor european country. That’s just to hide his identity, which makes sense, but some still use it to discredit him or to actually think he’s truthful. We know he has sources, his KP2 was right a few weeks prior but he was wrong before.

I do not buy for one second Daegon and Havik were ready and suddenly switched out. Boon was teasing Rain and Mileena for months if not longer. So at least to his followers, can you admit that he’s changing things and making stuff up as well getting stuff right? And people who do not believe him, please stop it that he got lucky with KP2. Also Rambo he was talking about for ages so he has legitimate sources. Cannot deny that.

mattteo

Noob
I do not buy for one second Daegon and Havik were ready and suddenly switched out. Boon was teasing Rain and Mileena for months if not longer. So at least to his followers, can you admit that he’s changing things and making stuff up as well getting stuff right?
No offence, but I cannot agree to such a thing.
Teasing just Mileena and Rain? Well, he responded a few times to the thousands of messages he got for them.

But also this, teasing Daegon and a few times Havik too. Has he even a bit teased Ermac?? At all?

mattteo

Noob

Attachments

If we're bringing teases into it, we've gotten a fair number of teases for the ninjas. Between Rain's fatality, the grey/red/green variants of Scorpion for the KL tutorial, Rain getting dropped into the ninja gauntlet tower with enough room left for the remaining ninjas, this totally decontextualized tweet that both Stephanie and Ed posted on the same day. Maybe I'm being too hopeful because I like the ninjas. But man, especially the Rain fatality. If that's not a tease, it's an extremely bizarre fatality that makes no thematic sense. Ed Boon's also commented on dumb, minor stuff like someone's Ermac COVID mask, although I doubt that means anything. I think if teases are indications of DLC at all, the ninjas have a fair case for them.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
So you're basing your belief on absolutely nothing true?
(You're goddamned right I am lol)
About it getting tiresome...I like talking about what is true and what not.

I made a long thread: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/79079097

Maybe this will tell you which ones are true. I hope for you that Sareena is playable but won't hope 100% because that would mean the Daegon leak is fake and I would want Daegon more.than Sareena. But would be glad for you if you got your favourite-Sareena.
Nah, been playing kano this game, but sub zero is my favorite and Ash would get me more hype than anything. I also like takeda. Sareena just intrigues me more. Tbh, I don't like the Armageddon bros but I wouldn't hate them. Nrs has been doing an excellent job with the 3d characters they've brought back. I mean (I'm pretty sure this was dvd's leak) it was a deagon/shinnok move set thing? It sounds pretty cool

So I had a longer thing written but the only reason it's getting tiresome is because I feel like we're talking in circles about dvd.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Taven and Daegon deserve a redemption. Especially if they are terribly written. Constantly having an MK game with the same characters gets boring. Ofc some staple characters should be in the main roster but I don’t see the harm of switching things up. Adding those 2 would reintroduce them to new MK fans, who might love them.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Wait, so... I checked some threads but I didn't see you guys linking one thing to another...
Did you know about the movie skins before this KP3, 4, 5 "leak"?

Because when I saw it on my email I said "holy shit maybe the leak is real?" but I don't see any of you guys talking about it... please someone enlight me.

Thank u

Wait, so... I checked some threads but I didn't see you guys linking one thing to another...
Did you know about the movie skins before this KP3, 4, 5 "leak"?

Because when I saw it on my email I said "holy shit maybe the leak is real?" but I don't see any of you guys talking about it... please someone enlight me.

Thank u
They were datamined a while ago.

Does anyone else find it interesting that they released the Movie Pack skins just 1 week after the release of KP2? When else have they ever released new content on top of another? Unless this becomes their new model (mini content drops every week or so), which I highly doubt, then it seems a bit uncharacteristic and possibly done to discredit the Waddles leak.

mattteo

Noob
it seems a bit uncharacteristic and possibly done to discredit the Waddles leak.

Like they care about waddies....There is no waddles leak. Just a guy using that name and listing all the ninjas and some more characters, up to 11. With no proof whatsoever.

This is what I wrote on reddit and the post got taken down because I showed that the file sent as "proof" by wadd i es had different wording than the original used in the real Waddles post:

Waddies "proof"posted 1 week ago by MistahJ: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/jv83rp
This was the original Waddles leak (thank you to musteatbrainz for this):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/g9qqed/_/fovdfm9
The edit there said he sent the mods an Excel to prove himself, but now we got a pdf mail he supposedly got. Sure, he could have converted the pdf into Excel, buy why would someone do that instead if just sending the pdf? Also, that date of the email is very easy to have been photoshoped.

And that's not my main point. In his pdf he has the PSN store description:

The original Waddles used different paragraphs in his post

"Use the world as your weapon, and watch as the environment engulfs, eviscerates and destroys your opponents."

"Friendships - You can dance if you want to. "

These are not in the proof this waddies claims to have gotten.

Where did he get these from? He didn't get them from his "girlfriend working at NRS". In that he has "Friendships- allowing the players to take down adversaries with a hint of kindness".- though it's very hard to see and he probably thought people wouldn't take the time to read that.

I absolutely think he had no idea that that ppst by musteatbrainz existed and actually saved what the original Waddles had said. He just saw the post about him having sent proof to the mods and made a fake leak from there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/g9k1sm

Now....why did Sailance take this down???