What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Hmm....Nah I still like Waddles leak more.
Not just for characters but for Klassic Kabal and Sindel.
More Klassic stages too, I'd love to see the Living Forest and the Wastelands back.

But I would take yours over Aftermath2.0 any day.

If that dev is to be believed, it took them a while to make Rambo and the movie skins from scratch. So if we do end up finishing out the select screen box, if NRS goes the cheap and easy way about it, I will go out on a limb and speculate the final 5 characters will be people we have already seen in the game; Sektor, Cyrax, Shinnok, Ermac and playable Kronika. If not Kronika, then they may take that time to sculpt one character from scrap. But on the whole, I am betting those are who we get.

If that dev is to be believed, it took them a while to make Rambo and the movie skins from scratch.
I wouldn't be surprised if that tweet was some propganda to temper expectations due to the leaks and to increase the surprise once announcements are made -who knows, maybe next week at Game Awards? I would think Reptile could be made pretty "easily" since he does not have a human face. And honestly for Smoke (and even Reptile) - I'd be fine with them lifting/tweaking Scorpion's face model to create these characters. The actor would probably have to be paid more, but it would be easier than securing new talent.

people we have already seen in the game; Sektor, Cyrax, Shinnok, Ermac and playable Kronika.
Pretty sure Shinnok was only in the CGI cutscenes, no gameplay model?

I been trying to tell yall too that he fights Jax in his new show
Oh shit! That's kind of a big deal. What and when is this from?

Damis

Noob
Isn’t Nitara supposed to be in the LA MK movie coming soon? I would honestly be surprised if they didn’t add her to this game because of that.
i have a strong feeling that the 5 last characters will promote the comin movie, like nitara, drahmin and cole turner lol

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Drahmin has potential, wouldn’t mind him coming back. Same with Reiko. Definitely cooler than Daegon lol

A movie themed pack makes so much sense. Get your tie in characters plus some skins for existing characters and then a guest that has something relevant coming out around the same time as the film. Realistic KP3 tbh

Drahmin is godawful. Maybe he could show his pal Moloch the way back to the D&D dungeon he crawled out!
Truly the low point of MK: Drahmin, Mavado, Bo Rai Cho, Hsu Hao, Shujinko, Taven, Daegon, Dairou, Hotaru, Darrius, Kira, etc. -- so many forgettable, derviative characters with little personality. Even with MK4, many of the new entrants felt a bit uninspired (Jarek, Kai, Reiko, hell even Shinnok seemed like a doofus back then. Granted NRS has been able to turn some of these around, like Tanya and Fujin.

Gaxkang

Banned
It time to bring back Motaro...give him an armored charge move ala Bane, and every string will be safe! Except for the one that is plus! :p

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Still prefer Drahmin over Bo, Kobra, Kira, Darrius, Hotaru and the like.

But I'm pretty sure a while ago Boon said something in the direction of him not liking Drahmin and the likelihood of him returning to be practically zero.

Last edited:

mattteo

Noob
Drahmin is godawful. Maybe he could show his pal Moloch the way back to the D&D dungeon he crawled out!

Yup...Dungeons and Dragons inspired characters are so awful.... but Jacqui, Jax, Sonya, Cassie the Shinnok Slayer are such amazing additions!!!

Last edited:
Yup...Dungeons and Dragons inspired charactwrs are so awful.... but Jacqui, Jax, Sonya, Cassie the Shinnok Slater are such anazing additions!!!
In comparison to bargain bin Cain and Abel from Armageddon? Yeah. They are anazing.

EDIT: Oh you guys are talking about Drahmin? My bad I was on autopilot there.
The thing about Drahmin is the only cool thing about him was the mask calming his berserker rage. Same thing with Moloch's Ball having a carrier Owl that summons him whenever it drops the ball on the ground.
Neat Lore ideas but that's not good enough of a reason to bring them back when everything else was the pits. Moloch looked like a Gorilla and Drahmin without the mask looked bad. A generic looking zombie in Mummy wraps.

Rather than bring him or Moloch back I'd rather a new Oni is made that has Drahmin's Mask and Moloch's Chained Ball.
Stop focusing on trying to revive the embarrassingly bad parts of the 3D Era and make better characters instead.

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Yup...Dungeons and Dragons inspired characters are so awful.... but Jacqui, Jax, Sonya, Cassie the Shinnok Slayer are such amazing additions!!!
Jax and Sonya are great and I want them in every MK. I like Cassie in MKX, so if she's to return I hope her gameplay resembles the brawler variation more. I don't care about Jacqui honestly.
All of these characters are way more interesting than Moloch. I mean, let's be real here lol

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
Jax and Sonya are great and I want them in every MK. I like Cassie in MKX, so if she's to return I hope her gameplay resembles the brawler variation more. I don't care about Jacqui honestly.
All of these characters are way more interesting than Moloch. I mean, let's be real here lol
You know, pizza's my favourite food

mattteo

Noob

You're not even trying to be real.

Moloch is much more interesting>>>>> Jacqui, Cassie and whoever you wish from the SF. Human characters with bastons and pistols over a blue 3 eyed fury oni demon from the Netherrealm??

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Jacqui, Kobra, Darrius, Dairou, Kira, Jarek, Hsu Hao, Taven, Daegon, Cassie, Shujinko, Li Mei, Mokap, Mavado, Meat... Worst characters imo.

Takeda, Havik, Reiko, Sereena, Ashrah, Hotaru, Drahmin, Kung Jin, Ferra Torr, Kai, Nitara... i don't think they are any better than classic MK characters but definetely needs another chance to shine.

i don't have any problem with the rest. Love to all.