What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

mattteo

Noob
You are taking it personally because now you're calling me stupid and saying I'm "twisting the knife for sadistic pleasure" like do you hear yourself? You are very clearly taking this way too hard.

Ok, then don't be angry if Baraka in another 20 years will never be given by the writers a brain in story mode that matches at least a quarter of Daegon's, who founded the organization that gives us Kano and his group, the oldest organized religious organization in Earthrealm, responsible for the death of a God and fall of Edenia and pretty much about how Outworld and the characters there look today.

Meanwhile Baraka made a barbecue and cannibalized his offspring's pets.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The above post made me realizes NRS (or Midway in this case) makes throwaway characters for one game that were I guess such a huge deal all along. Kinda like Cetrion.

Ok, then don't be angry if Baraka in another 20 years will never be given by the writers a brain in story mode that matches at least a quarter of Daegon's, who founded the organization that gives us Kano and his group, the oldest organized religious organization in Earthrealm, responsible for the death of a God and fall of Edenia and pretty much about how Outworld and the characters there look today.

Meanwhile Baraka made a barbecue and cannibalized his offspring's pets.
K.

Judge remains adamant nothing is in the works for the future. I wouldn't expect anything and if there is, we can be pleasantly surprised. I really feel it makes sense with the movie skins coming out so soon and not able to really take advantage of the movie given covid-19's restrictions. It's really unfortunate, because it makes so much sense to use the game to hype up the movie and vice versa.

Damis

Noob
Judge remains adamant nothing is in the works for the future. I wouldn't expect anything and if there is, we can be pleasantly surprised. I really feel it makes sense with the movie skins coming out so soon and not able to really take advantage of the movie given covid-19's restrictions. It's really unfortunate, because it makes so much sense to use the game to hype up the movie and vice versa.
so, no kp3? this is the end?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
so, no kp3? this is the end?
Doubt it. In the Switch leaks, the same that had shown Fujin, Sheeva and Joker, NRS was planning a GOTY edition for the game .... unfortunately, Smash Bros robbed that from NRS in the GOTY 2019 .... :rolleyes:

now, that in 2020, MK11 Ultimate gained the title, I think WB will take advantage of this, and will sponsor more content for MK11 , at least, for 2021 ..... so, that old plan of them, WB and NRS, to release a GOTY version for MK11, will take place next year, wait and see ! ;)

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Judge was also adamant we wouldn't get anything more other than the 9 minus one DLC characters. As well as no Story DLC.

Boon said Deception is one of his favourites yet all the lore and characters are shitted on or forgotten..
Well the problem for me about Deception's cast is that:
Havik's cool. Great look/personality/moves.
Ashrah has a great look and backstory. Moveset is something to be desired.
I'm neutral on Hotaru. I want to like him but his moveset is eh and he looks like grumpy Fujin in Armor.
Dairou was a cool concept from Deadly Alliance that was squandered in Deception.
The best thing I can say about Shujinko is he looks like Pai Mei.
Kira was a weird mix of Sonya/Kano with none of the old school appeal.
Kobra...literally dollar tree Ken Masters.
Darrius sucks, plain and simple.

It just gets worse the lower down the list I go.

So yeah most of the characters aren't worth remembering but the Lore from Deadly Alliance and Deception was still pretty good.
Not everything was a hit and it only got worse with the half-finished armageddon but when it worked, it worked.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Boon said Deception is one of his favourites yet all the lore and characters are shitted on or forgotten..
Ya know, I find that interesting. I know that a lot of the new characters they introduced in the game, and the previous and next game, didn't really land, deception was the game that really kinda expanded the lore. Ya sure, mk always had it's lore and had an actual story and characters actually had backstories and motivations, but deception really let you explore the world and kinda made us feel a part of it. Gave it a bit more life.

it also wasn't a bad game. It may not hold up now, but at the time it was pretty good.

Doubt it. In the Switch leaks, the same that had shown Fujin, Sheeva and Joker, NRS was planning a GOTY edition for the game .... unfortunately, Smash Bros robbed that from NRS in the GOTY 2019 .... :rolleyes:

now, that in 2020, MK11 Ultimate gained the title, I think WB will take advantage of this, and will sponsor more content for MK11 , at least, for 2021 ..... so, that old plan of them, WB and NRS, to release a GOTY version for MK11, will take place next year, wait and see ! ;)
I believe that "GOTY" designation was just a generic phrase for new SKUs (i.e. Aftermath, Ultimate). So that's not great evidence. What's better evidence is the 5 remaining character slots, KP3 references in the data, and missing UMK3 ninja skins that would most likely accompany additional DLC - particularly one that includes a UMK3 ninja such as Smoke, Ermac, or Reptile.

I've been wondering what they could do with Havik's personality, so he does not come out as simply MK Joker.
I don’t think that will be an issue, he’s there to create chaos and not just a nut job who kills people for fun. Havik is smarter, more devious but also Joker ten fold.

Damis

Noob
im starting to think that kp3 will be havik, takeda and reptile after those teases and random posts... maybe 2 more dlcs to round to 5 dlcs, i can think of cole turner and nitara to do cross promotion with the movie in april