What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I think MK4 was a fun ass game, though goofy as shit

Most new comers were great too (if you count Quan and Shinnok as MK4 newcomers that’s up to you) with the exception being probably jerek

Mainly it gave us Tanya so I like it lmao

This is possible. Quite a few pre launch leaks got some stuff right and others wrong. I can totally see Ripley as a guest for example but I still cannot get over the Comedian. So weird.
I think adding the Comedian will steal some of the Tekken 7 fan base. Since it’s the same actor that plays Negan. Otherwise...it’s a very random inclusion.

mattteo

Noob
I don't really trust Sailance's findings since it was shown that he purposefully discussed about posting a fake leak. Pretty sure that whole KP3 PSN store listing he posted where it only took you to the KP2 page once you clicked on the link was bullshit and it was made by him. Can't prove it, though - this is a hunch of mine.

This is 100% correct

mattteo

Noob
Was the guy who had the DLC 90% correct, said that Reptile could be found in the Krypt, Jax going to Kronika and Sonya killing old Kano by killing young Kano.

View attachment 17858

Oh, that was me, I have to admit. Yep, it's my leak. I made it. I used my guesswork to know all those things. They were easy guesses if you knew something about time travel movies and rules and about how I could easily guess avout the krypt because who was gonna be there if not Reptile? And it's not like it's only Reptile. It's also Kano, dead Goro etc. I didn't say anything ebout those, so I was just guessing Reptile.

LOL, i'm joking, it's not my leak, thougg this is pretty much how it goes when I talk to the people in the MK Leaks reddit. I tried talking about this leak a while back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/h7rx5r
Look through my downvoted comments ....

mattteo

Noob
DVD insists that Reiko is still in, but Sareena was cut out (story only).

Someone asked him today if the new leak with Smoke instead of Reiko is real and he said it might be, he doesn't know. It's on reddit.

I'd be so sad if Reiko gets cut AGAIN. Like someone said, this better not happen. In MKX he should.have been main rostwr. Had new design in the comics. I don't know what happened. Brian Chard said he was just cut.

So basically we're playing which leak do you prefer and I'll take the one that had Kai, Havik, Deathstroke, John Wick and Quan Chi :)

So the random internet leak involving Smoke and Sareena makes DVD question his own leak now?
Funny how new developments happened as soon as Nick said Boon's been talking about Smoke a lot.

So basically we're playing which leak do you prefer and I'll take the one that had Kai, Havik, Deathstroke, John Wick and Quan Chi :)
I'll take the one with Reptile, Sareena, Havik, Smoke, Ermac, Quan Chi and Ashrah.
Sure it's bullshit but that's a hell of a list. Only thing missing are the Robutts and Ferra/Torr.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
All said and done, I do believe it's quite possible we're nearing the endgame (or even might be done with MK11 altogether), and whatever comes next will probably be the final large DLC pack for the game.

KL seasons are over and are being recycled.

Raiden, Sonya and Cage being re-recorded by their movie counterparts seriously lessens the chances of more custom dialogue for newer DLC characters, unless they pull a Vegas and have Lambert Raiden use an old line against a new DLC character like Havik. Unless they had the actors do the lines for future DLC (which is probably already decided at this point). Unless the actors are ok returning for more recording (I consider those people hard to come over at NRS for more recording than Steve Blum and co.)

So, we're either getting the last 5 DLC characters, we get nothing more, or we get Aftermath 2.0.

We'll see.

So the random internet leak involving Smoke and Sareena makes DVD question his own leak now?
Funny how new developments happened as soon as Nick said Boon's been talking about Smoke a lot.
Dvdguy says "I haven't heard anything like Smoke being a last minute replacement of Reiko. Then again...I don't hear everything. But this I feel I would have known."
He's being humble for once. I don't think that automatically means he's questioning his leak. By now he saw that plans change (Havik/Daegon getting swapped for Rain and Mileena and KP2 releasing in November and not July, Sareena swapped for Rain, etc), so he doesn't consider it entirely incredible to have something happen with Smoke too. He knew the change for KP2 one month before the datamines, so if KP3 is to be released on April 2021, he'll now that Smoke replaced someone around February/March.

Damis

Noob
All said and done, I do believe it's quite possible we're nearing the endgame (or even might be done with MK11 altogether), and whatever comes next will probably be the final large DLC pack for the game.

KL seasons are over and are being recycled.

Raiden, Sonya and Cage being re-recorded by their movie counterparts seriously lessens the chances of more custom dialogue for newer DLC characters, unless they pull a Vegas and have Lambert Raiden use an old line against a new DLC character like Havik. Unless they had the actors do the lines for future DLC (which is probably already decided at this point). Unless the actors are ok returning for more recording (I consider those people hard to come over at NRS for more recording than Steve Blum and co.)

So, we're either getting the last 5 DLC characters, we get nothing more, or we get Aftermath 2.0.

We'll see.

Dvdguy says "I haven't heard anything like Smoke being a last minute replacement of Reiko. Then again...I don't hear everything. But this I feel I would have known."
He's being humble for once. I don't think that automatically means he's questioning his leak. By now he saw that plans change (Havik/Daegon getting swapped for Rain and Mileena and KP2 releasing in November and not July, Sareena swapped for Rain, etc), so he doesn't consider it entirely incredible to have something happen with Smoke too. He knew the change for KP2 one month before the datamines, so if KP3 is to be released on April 2021, he'll now that Smoke replaced someone around February/March.

wow, such a pessimistic way to think :(

I think with covid-19 it could mean they are nearing the end of a final release which they will surely drag out for as long as they can. Or WB might postpone things and or break it up in tinier bits, which is why I don't necessarily think a KP3, 4 or even 5 is that crazy. In theory that is, with 3-4 characters in each pack over the next 2 years. That gives NRS time to get the VAs back in the booth for one last time. I think future games are going to be delayed in any case, so WB might actually have given NRS the go ahead to do more than they initially planned. They have nothing else much on their hands in terms of another IP or Injustice 3 given motion capture and all that is not possible, so a few more extra characters wouldn't be totally out of the question. Especially given the success of Aftermath, KP2 and any content coming out for games at this time. Sales are through the roof!

A full on story expansion is however still unlikely given the restrictions, in my opinion. I don't even know how they'd do it. It's clear they've done the latest recordings remotely, which is why there's re-used lines. To think Aftermath 2.0 or any story expansion was fully done before covid-19 is crazy and how would they go about finishing it now if they've started it? It could be scrapped, surely and probably is if they ever planned in. In any case, any leak that claims a story mode expansion is coming and or a character that was worked on, full rendered, perhaps even with a moveset or whatever now having been replaced should raise serious red flags.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I think with covid-19 it could mean they are nearing the end of a final release which they will surely drag out for as long as they can. Or WB might postpone things and or break it up in tinier bits, which is why I don't necessarily think a KP3, 4 or even 5 is that crazy. In theory that is, with 3-4 characters in each pack over the next 2 years. That gives NRS time to get the VAs back in the booth for one last time. I think future games are going to be delayed in any case, so WB might actually have given NRS the go ahead to do more than they initially planned. They have nothing else much on their hands in terms of another IP or Injustice 3 given motion capture and all that is not possible, so a few more extra characters wouldn't be totally out of the question. Especially given the success of Aftermath, KP2 and any content coming out for games at this time. Sales are through the roof!

A full on story expansion is however still unlikely given the restrictions, in my opinion. I don't even know how they'd do it. It's clear they've done the latest recordings remotely, which is why there's re-used lines. To think Aftermath 2.0 or any story expansion was fully done before covid-19 is crazy and how would they go about finishing it now if they've started it? It could be scrapped, surely and probably is if they ever planned in. In any case, any leak that claims a story mode expansion is coming and or a character that was worked on, full rendered, perhaps even with a moveset or whatever now having been replaced should raise serious red flags.
Won't Covid's influence on planning be lessened in the coming months, though? Vaccination and all that.

Won't Covid's influence on planning be lessened in the coming months, though? Vaccination and all that.
I'm not that optimistic, especially about the situation in the US. At this point it's all guess work though. All depends on WB, if they see the success of DLC and the whole game as a way to really keep this going then not even covid-19 can stop it, only postpone it. If they feel like it's time to move on once covid-19 is somewhat under control and pounce on next gen by going all-in on a next game then they could use covid-19 as an excuse to do one last pack and call it a day. Even if we only get 5 more DLC and maybe 2 more stages and or stage fatalities and they call it a day then that's still amazing.

Slymind

Noob
Vs DC is Mainline. If it wasn't, we'd be on MK10 right now ;)
This unfortunately was more due the name MK9 sticking.

IMO MK vs DC should be considered a spin-off, MK kinda stopped using numbers since DA and MK9 oficial name is Mortal Kombat only, but, at this point might as well just go with it.