What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Boon appreciating fan art or acknowledging a mask that looks like it belongs to a certain character does not guarantee that it's a tease ffs.

Believe it or not, Boon is a human being who sometimes appreciates things and likes to acknowledge the fanbase. Not every single thing is a tease. I swear Boon could take a steaming hot shit, tweet a picture of it and some of you would superzoom in looking for clues.

"Oh there's a bit of corn there, that means corny, Mokap is corny? Mokap confirmed".

That is literally the logic that some of you go by. Jfc.

Boon appreciating fan art or acknowledging a mask that looks like it belongs to a certain character does not guarantee that it's a tease ffs.

Believe it or not, Boon is a human being who sometimes appreciates things and likes to acknowledge the fanbase. Not every single thing is a tease. I swear Boon could take a steaming hot shit, tweet a picture of it and some of you would superzoom in looking for clues.

"Oh there's a bit of corn there, that means corny, Mokap is corny? Mokap confirmed".

That is literally the logic that some of you go by. Jfc.
Thank you, I was almost worried I was the only one thinking this! His teases regarding Mileena and Rain have been far more subtle and random than just appreciating and or sharing art @mattteo @chud_munson @BarakaTile Smoke is the one that comes to mind that has been teased a lot, even more than Rain and maybe even Mileena, not just by Boon.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Thank you, I was almost worried I was the only one thinking this! His teases regarding Mileena and Rain have been far more subtle and random than just appreciating and or sharing art @mattteo @chud_munson @BarakaTile Smoke is the one that comes to mind that has been teased a lot, even more than Rain and maybe even Mileena, not just by Boon.
Come to think of it, Smoke is the only MK character I can think right now who has been heavily teased by Boon.

MK11 itself teases the ninjas in many ways between the Queen reference, Rainbow Ninjas gauntlet (with Rain subbed in), Rain trailer opening, Shang morphs, KL attires, KL tutorial, in-game messages, Krypt cameos, Ermac re-design, etc.

Once a character gets revealed, someone will dig up something Ed tweeted about that character from years ago and say, "SEE?!" But that person fails to recognize that Boon tweeted about a dozen other characters who are still not part of the roster and may never be, so those tweets don't mean much.

However, when Boon makes concrete statements like "Mileena needs a break," only to bring her into the game a couple months later, that's when it's hard to put much weight into anything the guy says (possibly like "guests are done" or "we'll finish with 30-something characters.").

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK11 itself teases the ninjas in many ways between the Queen reference, Rainbow Ninjas gauntlet (with Rain subbed in), Rain trailer opening, Shang morphs, KL attires, KL tutorial, in-game messages, Krypt cameos, Ermac re-design, etc.

Once a character gets revealed, someone will dig up something Ed tweeted about that character from years ago and say, "SEE?!" But that person fails to recognize that Boon tweeted about a dozen other characters who are still not part of the roster and may never be, so those tweets don't mean much.

However, when Boon makes concrete statements like "Mileena needs a break," only to bring her into the game a couple months later, that's when it's hard to put much weight into anything the guy says (possibly like "guests are done" or "we'll finish with 30-something characters.").
yep , that's right .... Ed Boon is a troll master, that enjoys to tease in order to provoke reactions and just get a lot of fun with .... and, he knows that , he even admits that from time to time, hehe ! :p

anyway, before all, he is a business man, and know what is better , always , for the MK franchise, regarding marketing , promotion and propaganda related .... so, if he feels that, releasing the remaining ninjas (Smoke, Reptile and Ermac) is good for the game life cycle, life span, and , mainly, is a guaranteed move to increase sales and profit for MK11, he will do it, no matter what :cool:

at this point, there is none limitation what character could still come to MK11 game, none of the previous speculations or restrict guesses are aplicable anymore ...... any character of the MK franchise can come up to MK11, if Ed and NRS , sponsored by WB, feels and think is the right moment for that :D

Come to think of it, Smoke is the only MK character I can think right now who has been heavily teased by Boon.
Which doesn't add up to the Aftermath leak, does it?
This is why you shouldn't take anything from Boon's twitter seriously.

How could anyone look at Boon showing 1 fanart of Daegon on twitter and imply that it's a tease for him being in MK11?

Last edited:
Since Aftermath's leak is fake, I'll take his hints any day. I won't get my hopes up about any character he teases about, but still it's more fun and much less certain in case it becomes true than an elaborate leak spoiling everything or a lot.

Damis

Noob
all that stuff makes me thinks that even tanya is a possible DLC choice for MK11... just put some mk2 and mk3 recolor costumes and they will get a bunch of money from her, right now i think they will get fast gud money just realesing the remaining ninjas

Here's my personal wishlist I'd love to see in MK11:
  • MK Kharacters
    • Ninja/Human Smoke
    • Ninja/Human Reptile
    • Ermac
    • Havik
    • Takeda
  • Guest Kharacters
    • Shredders
    • Skeletor
  • Klassic Stages
    • Throne Room (MK1)
    • Portal (MK2)
    • The Pit (MK2)
    • Living Forest (MK2)
    • Graveyard (MK3)
    • Temple (MK3)
    • Lost Bridge (MK3)
    • Dead Woods (MKX)
  • Klassic Music/Sounds
    • MK1 Pack
    • MK2 Pack
    • MK3 Pack
  • Kustom Select Screen Portraits
    • I really wish the select screen would reflect the default look set for the kharacter.
  • Alt Attires
    • Ninja masks (MK1) - I also wish the ninjas shared klassic masks
    • Shang Tsung (MK2)
    • Raiden (MK2) - w/ iconic Torpedo yell
    • Shang Tsung (MK3)
    • Scorpion/Sub/Noob/Rain (UMK3)
    • Scorpion (MK4 alt - grey attire with skull head)
    • Scorpion (MKDA alt - flaming skull)
    • Noob (MKD)
Crazy wishlist I know!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I’m late but at least Bo is memorable
Vomiting and farting guy sells to people because it’s funny. Idk who the target audience for Taven would be. I guess die hard MK fans, but even then Havik, Sareena, Nitara, any ninja is the common requests who should come first.

Also, yeah Reiko is cool

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i am lame MK fan but i agree taven is garbage and daegon is like second hand kano, Edenian version, nothing special about him, taven's evil brother, son of God half God, whatever, every Edenian is some sort of God or Supernatural Being already. Fuck edenia and Edenians.

Yeah, same, he’s boring as shit lmao
I’m sure they could make him cool and I’ll eat my words but there are so many other 3D era characters I’d like to see first

Hell there are guests I’d like to see first
Well if the leaks are true their solution is to fuse him with Shinnok so....yeah.

To be clear, I don't think him sharing an Ermac mask means anything. Someone else had asked if he had done any recognition for another character like Daegon. Someone posted Reptile and asked if there was ever any acknowledgement of Ermac, so I obliged. But I think he's just being a regular person on social media. I do believe that there are ninja teases, I just don't think that's one of them.

I've been a hardcore MK fan since 92. I've purchased and played every single title - always the deluxe edition if there was one. I've studied and summarized the MK9-MKX plots for Reddit community. I've purchased MK action figures. I belong to multiple online forums and discuss MK on a daily basis. I follow the devs on Twitter and interact with them. I've participated in every single Kombat League and have unlocked all content for my favs in MK11.

But because I want Reptile/Smoke to return that makes me a casual? Lol. Get the fuck outta here. They're the trademark MK OG's. They appeal to both casual and hardcore fans. Any hardcore fans from back in the day already have their favorite characters in game...unless you're a Stryker fan lol.

Given that that MK11 is so much a celebration of the past, it's illogical to think that they will not eventually include the ninjas and cyborgs. I would imagine Havik shows up too, and who knows maybe Reiko, Quan Chi, Sareena, Kenshi, and Li Mei (as she cameo'd in MKX).

But wanting less popular characters in the game does not mean you're a more "hardcore" fan - it just means you have different tastes, got into the game at a different time, were born a bit later, etc. Whatever. But as far as iconic characters - the ninjas are by far synonymous with MK more than Taven, Daegon, or Reiko will ever be.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
No! Taven looks like a rocker with beard.

Daegon is bald, tall, muscular, has one white eye, a badass cape and two swords. He has true potential to be great!