What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

I bet the datamine is exactly what Boon was going for, seeing how WB has him by the balls. From our favorite dataminer thethiny:
We got our intended "tease", now be patient people.
No we fucking didn't. Fuck this stupid theory that Boon is locked in a cabin somewhere by WB sobbing over mean mileena stan tweets. This dude makes tens of millions off of every fart. He's not trying to tell us anything, he's fine. His trollololol hint bullshit is not fine however.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Stating the obvious here, but like some have already suspected, all this means is some of those dekonfirmations could've just been for that specific clue and are still on the table

You know who is kinda like superman and has no problem with murder? Homelander
Holy shit man, Homelander would be fucking amazing, as long as they took Anthony Starr's likeness and voice. His portrayal is just perfection!

Palermo9

Ripping spines out since 1992
No we fucking didn't. Fuck this stupid theory that Boon is locked in a cabin somewhere by WB sobbing over mean mileena stan tweets. This dude makes tens of millions off of every fart. He's not trying to tell us anything, he's fine. His trollololol hint bullshit is not fine however.
That's cool, I'll just chill and wait. Do not work yourself up to that early heart attack though!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Y'all shit on Boon and NRS so much, but we all know WB holds them hostage. Boon himself said they couldn't give out news as they pleased. Chill and wait. We know who's coming, they're not going to disappear, the trailer will be out eventually.

SubZeroIce

Runway
These people here really think Ed is chained to secrecy when this is shit he's been doing for DECADES. Y'all weren't around for MK Armageddon and MKvDC days when this was normal. He would regularly get on Al Gore's internet and make super vague stupid hints that would allude to the most interesting things ever all the time and then not deliver on news :confused: . They were not "Held by WB" at that time either. It's literally what they love... The "Mystery" but they need to understand that no one cares about that gimmick anymore. The only people this is pissing off is the core fanbase, which they have made apparent by dozens of changes and features, they don't give a damn about. They will always focus on the average casual gamer who only likes the blood and gore.

Giving a date or at least updating as to whether or not he can't give a date is NORMAL. Him saying Hold on tight for SEPTEMBER news means we are going to get something in SEPTEMBER and if WB really wasn't allowing him to announce (Which I don't believe for the record), he could at the very least communicate that with the community. What's the harm in that? Some people would probably be mad but this silence is pissing us off more as evidenced in this thread, twitter, and social media.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I'm not saying their silence is right and that their communication doesn't need a little tweaking, but it's clear there's more at play here. And listen I like the hints I think it's cool, makes the community engage with each other and it's fun. And if you don't like that, fine I get it, but if all you're waiting for is a trailer and a date then once it's released all you're gonna wait for is that DLC. How about, you know, playing the game? Playing other games? Living?

Chill. A little patience goes a long way.

SubZeroIce

Runway
I'm not saying their silence is right and that their communication doesn't need a little tweaking, but it's clear there's more at play here. And listen I like the hints I think it's cool, makes the community engage with each other and it's fun. And if you don't like that, fine I get it, but if all you're waiting for is a trailer and a date then once it's released all you're gonna wait for is that DLC. How about, you know, playing the game? Playing other games? Living?

Chill. A little patience goes a long way.
That's all you need to say at a time like this. We're all living, working, breathing, & social distancing (well... some of us), and the hints were cool. I didn't see a lot of people complaining about the hints we were getting more than they usually complain. Hints are fun to interact with and guess and keep us at our toes but don't give us a September guarantee via twitter (and yes that was a Guarantee), and then back out at the end of the month when we all know he sees all of the people in under his socials begging for news.

But at this point it's disrespectful for fans who ARE playing the game and who ARE waiting for news that was promised... Ed is not some low intern at the bottom of the totem pole. If he truly wanted to give out information he damn sure could and he has dozens of times in the past. Trailers been ready, characters been ready, everything is ready to go. If there's a BTS problem that's all they need to say.

I really hope they give the trailer tomorrow.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah for sure, I feel you, it's bad to be stringed along and to not get any news. it's frustrating, especially after months and months. I seriously don't think the Hollow's Eve pack was news, the release for players who don't have Aftermath is next week. Maybe we'll get a trailer then? I don't know, but a heads up from papa Boon would be nice. Even just a 'we haven't forgotten about y'all', a trailer date, anything.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Yeah for sure, I feel you, it's bad to be stringed along and to not get any news. it's frustrating, especially after months and months. I seriously don't think the Hollow's Eve pack was news, the release for players who don't have Aftermath is next week. Maybe we'll get a trailer then? I don't know, but a heads up from papa Boon would be nice. Even just a 'we haven't forgotten about y'all', a trailer date, anything.
Right, just the bare minimum communication would be better than what they're doing. Which granted would still be upsetting but the hints seemed to stop as well implying next would be a date or a trailer.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, I'm kinda tired and sick of this childish "mind games" that Ed promotes on his Twitter .... after some time, is just dumb .... and stupid, pure anti climatic and anti hype ..... we are fans, but also, we are customers of NRS products, so, we are the fanbase that love and enjoy the MK franchise, and , seriously, this kind of attitude coming from NRS, Ed and WB, it's pretty much disrespectful toward the MK fanbase ..... as O-Ren Ishi said in Kill Bill "tricks are for kids" , and I'm sure a lot of people here are already lacking patience for some real news regarding the game ..... :oops:

We will support MK11, but, the marketing strategy for the game is a major epic fail, that's for sure :confused:

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
DVDhgamescenter now spilling more info...
take w/ a grain of salt
------
Announce is soon, maybe next week (not 100% sure), release in November. Final pack pushed back for 2021.

It's a really cool scene that I saw pictures for. Shinnok is punished by the other Elder Gods. He is whole (as in with his head), cause time has been reversed or they're in another dimension or something. He and Cetrion are found guilty or rebelling, but they need Quan Chi, cause he is a very powerful human. They revive Quan Chi from where Shinnok had abandoned him (apparently Hell) and he is pissed off cause he died for Shinnok and Shinnok abandoned him. He uses his sorcery to bind a chained Shinnok to be a puppet of the Elder Gods and they give him to Taven, who is awoken as their champion and a last chance against the forces of Daegon (text from his bio).

The other Elder Gods are trapped in this Nexus and can't travel because of what Cetrion did, but Taven takes Shinnok and together with Quan Chi they are like a last resort team to ensure that good wins. Also, for their team are revived/brought into this timeline Mileena and Reiko, because they have worked with the Red Dragon and know how to find Daegon and also because they have a score to settle with Havik. Takeda later teams up with Taven (Shinnok), cause Kenshi is killed (from Takeda's bio, but I think we also see it as a flashback cause there are Kenshi pics) and travel Chaosrealm and Orderrealm to stop the monsters that the Chaotic Universe created and steal the Crown from Taven's brother. We get to see Hotaru, Darrius, Sareena helps them there (her model was supposed to be playable until recently)..

I can tell you how it ends, cause I saw the intended ending descriptions for every character as well,but I'd spoil things.

I know more stages are coming with the packs, but I don't know which ones yet. The Pyramid if Argus seems like a good guess given that the story will have a final battle between Takeda and Taven with Daegon. Most stages if not actually all will have stage fatalities in the end.

About the ending...no more timeline after this. It's a definite endjng to the Mortal Kombat reboot story. They will definitely make more games and have story modes, but not beyond this point.

It ends where Liu Kang ends in the original games, at the dawn of the Universe, but with the kombat kids (new generation) bringing the Crown back to Liu Kang, who is with Kitana and Raiden. Presumably, they get sent back to their time, in a better world, but it's a bridge between generations.

Takeda and Jacqui end up together, he leads the girls. Liu Kang remains behind and reshapes the Universe, it's basically the ending of the game that was true, the Aftermaths are just paranthesis that lead back. Liu Kang's scene with the Great Kung Lao can still take place after that and set up the next game.

Don't know about krypt expansion. Will find out.

Have no idea how Mileena will play, but will update.

I haven't seen much of him and haven't paid much attention so now I barely remember. It was a pic with him in the shadows which didn't reveal much and one from the waist up in which he was standing next to Takeda and looked much bigger and buff, acting like an older bro, they were surrounded by enemies. He had a golden necklace of some sort
Definitely. I saw Kenshi

So last pack would have how many and what characters? We have 5 spots remaining...and i see Havik, Daegon, Takeda, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Taven and Reiko mentioned...so I guess 2 of those are out? I Hope Quan Chi and Shinnok are just NPC's, or keep Quan Chi out, and Taven/Daegon are one character like Raiden/Black Lightning.

*6 spots
I think whoever your source is is wrong. When aftermath was over, 8 more slots got datamined. Having 9 more would make the roster asymmetrical by 1 character. I want to believe what you're saying, but I just think a 43-character roster is a weird number
Why is this the big issue?? A box on the character select screen just opens up and reveals another character.

We did that with MK9's DLC.

Rain won't be in the aftermath 2 story?
He will be. I just haven't had time to check his story, bio and pictures, cause he was added later and frankly...I haven't gone there yet.

Will there be a Chaosrealm stage? I need it.

Definitely.
Do you have any information about Hotaru ? He will be in the new storyline ?Cameo ? Thanks in advance for the into.
Yes. He's the one leading a Revolution now, as I read in Havik's bio. Orderrealm and Chaosrealm are mow reversed, the second is exploiting the first. Havik employs Darrius too.

I have a suspicion that Ash is going to be the last fighter. Can you give us any insight on him? I feel as though they are saving him for 2021 because it’ll be the 40th Year Anniversary of Evil Dead. Appreciate you sharing this!

Ash deal pretty much dead now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gnbxn7

xenogorgeous

DVDhgamescenter now spilling more info...
take w/ a grain of salt
------
Announce is soon, maybe next week (not 100% sure), release in November. Final pack pushed back for 2021.

It's a really cool scene that I saw pictures for. Shinnok is punished by the other Elder Gods. He is whole (as in with his head), cause time has been reversed or they're in another dimension or something. He and Cetrion are found guilty or rebelling, but they need Quan Chi, cause he is a very powerful human. They revive Quan Chi from where Shinnok had abandoned him (apparently Hell) and he is pissed off cause he died for Shinnok and Shinnok abandoned him. He uses his sorcery to bind a chained Shinnok to be a puppet of the Elder Gods and they give him to Taven, who is awoken as their champion and a last chance against the forces of Daegon (text from his bio).

The other Elder Gods are trapped in this Nexus and can't travel because of what Cetrion did, but Taven takes Shinnok and together with Quan Chi they are like a last resort team to ensure that good wins. Also, for their team are revived/brought into this timeline Mileena and Reiko, because they have worked with the Red Dragon and know how to find Daegon and also because they have a score to settle with Havik. Takeda later teams up with Taven (Shinnok), cause Kenshi is killed (from Takeda's bio, but I think we also see it as a flashback cause there are Kenshi pics) and travel Chaosrealm and Orderrealm to stop the monsters that the Chaotic Universe created and steal the Crown from Taven's brother. We get to see Hotaru, Darrius, Sareena helps them there (her model was supposed to be playable until recently)..

I can tell you how it ends, cause I saw the intended ending descriptions for every character as well,but I'd spoil things.

I know more stages are coming with the packs, but I don't know which ones yet. The Pyramid if Argus seems like a good guess given that the story will have a final battle between Takeda and Taven with Daegon. Most stages if not actually all will have stage fatalities in the end.

About the ending...no more timeline after this. It's a definite endjng to the Mortal Kombat reboot story. They will definitely make more games and have story modes, but not beyond this point.

It ends where Liu Kang ends in the original games, at the dawn of the Universe, but with the kombat kids (new generation) bringing the Crown back to Liu Kang, who is with Kitana and Raiden. Presumably, they get sent back to their time, in a better world, but it's a bridge between generations.

Takeda and Jacqui end up together, he leads the girls. Liu Kang remains behind and reshapes the Universe, it's basically the ending of the game that was true, the Aftermaths are just paranthesis that lead back. Liu Kang's scene with the Great Kung Lao can still take place after that and set up the next game.

I haven't seen much of him and haven't paid much attention so now I barely remember. It was a pic with him in the shadows which didn't reveal much and one from the waist up in which he was standing next to Takeda and looked much bigger and buff, acting like an older bro, they were surrounded by enemies. He had a golden necklace of some sort
Definitely. I saw Kenshi

So last pack would have how many and what characters? We have 5 spots remaining...and i see Havik, Daegon, Takeda, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Taven and Reiko mentioned...so I guess 2 of those are out? I Hope Quan Chi and Shinnok are just NPC's, or keep Quan Chi out, and Taven/Daegon are one character like Raiden/Black Lightning.

*6 spots
I think whoever your source is is wrong. When aftermath was over, 8 more slots got datamined. Having 9 more would make the roster asymmetrical by 1 character. I want to believe what you're saying, but I just think a 43-character roster is a weird number
Why is this the big issue?? A box on the character select screen just opens up and reveals another character.

We did that with MK9's DLC.

Rain won't be in the aftermath 2 story?
He will be. I just haven't had time to check his story, bio and pictures, cause he was added later and frankly...I haven't gone there yet.

Will there be a Chaosrealm stage? I need it.
Definitely.
Do you have any information about Hotaru ? He will be in the new storyline ?Cameo ? Thanks in advance for the into.
Yes. He's the one leading a Revolution now, as I read in Havik's bio. Orderrealm and Chaosrealm are mow reversed, the second is exploiting the first. Havik employs Darrius too.

I have a suspicion that Ash is going to be the last fighter. Can you give us any insight on him? I feel as though they are saving him for 2021 because it’ll be the 40th Year Anniversary of Evil Dead. Appreciate you sharing this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gnbxn7
damn, what now ? who do we can fucking trust now ? all right, let's wait for the official trailer, that, for God's sake, probably will come up next week ..... oh my gawd !!!!! :confused:

Going and getting crazy will all those leaks stuff spreading around as a virus on Internet, wow !

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Even though it seems like DVD did get the upcoming DLC correct....I dunno, I still just have a hard time trusting him.

Last edited:
This dvdgamecenter guy seems a bit too carried away with his leak, I mean, he might have known about 3 next characters, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have created the rest. What he implies will be the next pack is absurd marketing-wise, and I don't believe that would ever happen.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Shinnok AKA Lord Shinnokemort being trapped inside Taven? Could be cool. I'd rather have him separate though.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!

How could WB not get Ash but BHVR and Telltale could. Dammit this makes me so upset, over a year of being so fucking hype for this character. I hope Rain or Mileena or somebody is super fun but nothing will make up for this :(

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Thanks for posting it!

Honestly, November may seem far to some people but it would coincide with the new console releases which is probably something they'll want to capitalize on. Maybe do something like Aftermath is free for PS5 to those who have it on PS4 but the new pack won't be, IDK. Even if it's just going to release in November, they should still make an announcement sooner rather than later.

Do we know when Aftermath was announced and when it released, like how much time was in between?

xenogorgeous

Thanks for posting it!

Honestly, November may seem far to some people but it would coincide with the new console releases which is probably something they'll want to capitalize on. Maybe do something like Aftermath is free for PS5 to those who have it on PS4 but the new pack won't be, IDK. Even if it's just going to release in November, they should still make an announcement sooner rather than later.

Do we know when Aftermath was announced and when it released, like how much time was in between?
According to this Wikipedia source, Aftermath was announced on May 6th 2020, and released on May 26th 2020, so, a time frame gap of 20 days ....... maybe happens again ? hehe :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_11