What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
well, if you buy a beer, and 1 minute later, you just drop off all it content in the floor, the company that made the beer, really don't give a fuck about, since they already have your money, hehe ..... so, NRS and WB don't care about how many people will stick with the guests during MK life cycle, they only care if they are selling well, hehe
I mmmmostly aggre. The only thing I'd like to add is that if they sell a DLC pack and a bunch of people buy it then drop the game, there will be no one to buy DLC pack 2. As a result, they need to sell a DLC that will entice people to stay and play until pack 2 comes out, but also drop some content to the people who buy it then dip out. That's why we get "only" 1 or 2 guests per DLC. If they only cared about initial sales, the entire DLC pack would be guests, but typically the people who stay and keep playing want MK characters too. So there needs to be a semblance of a balance.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Some of those MK characters are either ok or not that interesting. I'm not going to get mad if most of them got sidelined if it meant getting someone like Rambo. I would even take Ash, John Wick or the Bride from Kill Bill if you gave me a choice.
guests are cool and ok to the MK franchise, because :

1. they are well concepted and well made, on the aesthetic way, and are pure homage to their source material
  2. they do not interfere with the story mode and the overall general lore of the franchise
3)they help to promote MK as franchise series , because they atract attention of a lot of people that enjoy that character; and this way, helping the sales and to increase the own MK fanbase ..... a lot of people that never heard of MK, or were not truly fans, just become real fans after having the first contact with the game, through the guests

so none argument against guests in MK, could convince that they are bad to the franchise, that they bring bad reputation and prejudice \negative backlash to MK as a very good fighting game

xenogorgeous

TROLLED?????????
lol, of course not ....

people are just teasing and overdoing all the over analysis occurred during Ed Boon klues on Twitter

no fucking way that Ed would waste his time to give hint and clues about a simple skin pack that is not even that great to begin with, hehe

The klues were about these 3 characters, no need to over analyse indeed. What we do need to be wary of is getting caried away with dvdgamescenter's other claims. My friend pointed out as well how wrong he's been and how nothing aside from these 3 characters there is no indication that any of what he's saying is true. So no Aftermath 2.0, no Taven and Shinnok - loooolll - and not just mk characters etc. So keep hope alive for the likes of Ashrah, Sareena, Smoke, among others. Even Ash Williams.

xenogorgeous

The klues were about these 3 characters, no need to over analyse indeed. What we do need to be wary of is getting caried away with dvdgamescenter's other claims. My friend pointed out as well how wrong he's been and how nothing aside from these 3 characters there is no indication that any of what he's saying is true. So no Aftermath 2.0, no Taven and Shinnok - loooolll - and not just mk characters etc. So keep hope alive for the likes of Ashrah, Sareena, Smoke, among others. Even Ash Williams.
that is great news, thank you very much for sharing !

Even Ash?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
But like, how did people take “hold on tight,” as “yes I wil personally reveal something in the month of September 2020 that is related to the MK game y’all shit on everyday, my lovely devoted fans,”?
I mean come on now. Boon isn't new to this, he knows exactly how fans will react to his words. Someone says this is a good month for news and he says hold on tight, nobody is expecting him to post an old trailer on the final day of the month

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
True but like given this game’s track record with news, and how WB is obviously holding them all hostage, it’s hard to say if they’ll let him do what he says or if they enter panic mode every time he tweets something like that. Idk it just seems weird.

dawg... let it go. He was right, you weren’t. Eat your crow and move on

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The datamine specifically lists October so take the "hold on tight" as a tease, much like the clues. If I had to guess? October 8th, the original date of the Hallow's Eve Skin Pack.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
True but like given this game’s track record with news, and how WB is obviously holding them all hostage, it’s hard to say if they’ll let him do what he says or if they enter panic mode every time he tweets something like that. Idk it just seems weird.
Or he legit thought whatever it is would be ready to show by the end of the month, and it wasn't. The team is still working from home, after all.