What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
What is up with people wanting Ashrah back? What redeeming qualities did that character have at all?
You could remove "Ashrah" from your post and put in basically ANY 3D-era character instead. The thing is that NRS has shown they're infinitely better at creating and updating characters for the modern era over the Midway era. As such, many people want their favorites from the lawless wasteland that was the 3D era.

In the case of Ashrah, she's an aesthetically pleasing character with lots of potential from a story perspective as she was a demon turned semi-good wild card as she was attempting to purify her soul using the sword. That's neat and could work well in modern MK.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Rambo? How boring. The batch of guests (except Spawn) in MK11 are so boring and to be expected. I truly hope MK12 will have better guests. 17475
I wish NRS and WB would focus more on characters that actually fit the game instead of characters that have a big name and look cool, but lack any sort of substance or relevance to the game. This is why MK games only last 2-3 years max.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Rambo? How boring. The batch of guests (except Spawn) in MK11 are so boring and to be expected. I truly hope MK12 will have better guests. View attachment 17475
I wish NRS and WB would focus more on characters that actually fit the game instead of characters that have a big name and look cool, but lack any sort of substance or relevance to the game. This is why MK games only last 2-3 years max.
You’re claiming NRS games only last 2-3 years because of poor guest character choices? Yeah...no.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Rambo? How boring. The batch of guests (except Spawn) in MK11 are so boring and to be expected. I truly hope MK12 will have better guests. View attachment 17475
problem is ..... MK11 already is the game that has more sales than any other MK game released before ..... and ALL guests DLCs just sell a lot, according to Ed Boon, so, I think NRS , Warner Bros and Ed Boon will not try to fix what is not broken and will keep with this formula to the next game .... just wait and see, hehe ! :D

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
problem is ..... MK11 already is the game that has more sales than any other MK game released before ..... and ALL guests DLCs just sell a lot, according to Ed Boon, so, I think NRS , Warner Bros and Ed Boon will not try to fix what is not broken and will keep with this formula to the next game .... just wait and see, hehe ! :D
It hasn't outsold MKX has it?

ErmacMKX

Noob
man these guest characters that sell tons of DLC and literally make people buy the game that otherwise never would

these things are killing the game nobody wants em!!!
Having one or two is fine but they are going over board, we are now at 5 if Rambo is true. Great casuals get hyped, purchase it then never play them after a week. Characters like Terminator and Robocop are boring and a waste of space. And I know you're going to be like that's my opinion but how often do you see them online? Clearly they're not as exciting as ppl make them out to be.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It hasn't outsold MKX has it?
good question ..... according these links , we don't know if MK11 surpassed MKX on sales, but MK11 was the best-selling games in 2019, and some people just guess that so far , until now, in end of 2020 .... maybe sold more than MKX right now, is up to NRS and WB just show up and go public with the sales information , who knows ?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/jun/19/mortal-kombat-11-topped-mays-npd-list-becoming-best-selling-game-2019-us/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/eh7tqp .

I don't see NRS ever releasing a dlc pack without guests. Any leak that says otherwise is suspect imo. I think we're lucky that not half of every dlc is guests, although that wouldn't surprise me.

Rambo and Robocop are lame but at least they're funny. 80's action movie characters for DLC is at least good for the lols. Could be worse.

Overall as long as I get Rain I don't really give a fuck.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I was going through this thread... and... big ooof xD I myself wasn’t expecting Mileena but holy crap :O

Also lowkey I’m kinda pumped about the other DLC characters. Rain is one of my favorite ninjas(and from a story perspective it kinda makes sense to add him since his lore was tied with Taven and Daegon). Speaking of which I kinda wish it was just Daegon, but I’m curious to see how they would play. Maybe we’ll get an Armageddon stage! Havik Is the one I’m most excited about, I’ve always considered him the face of the 3D Era besides Kenshi. Takeda honestly surprises me that he wasn’t a Day 1 character, instead we got Jacqui Briggs... I can care less for Quan Chi. I know they’re going to use him to further ruin Sindel’s storyline.

I know this all allegedly but I find it fun to speculate!

Also. No comment on Rambo.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
You’re claiming NRS games only last 2-3 years because of poor guest character choices? Yeah...no.
No the game lasts 2-3 years because NRS usually goes for something cool looking instead of something that has substance and replay value. The guests are just an example of that. Sometimes I have trouble formulating my sentences due to my English being self taught without school.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
No the game lasts 2-3 years because NRS usually goes for something cool looking instead of something that has substance and replay value. The guests are just an example of that. Sometimes I have trouble formulating my sentences due to my English being self taught without school.
The games last for 2 years because they release new games. The community often cannabalizes itself too. So once Injustice 3 comes out most will stop playing MK11. Guests have nothing to do with that. And as far as substance goes NRS games have more content than any other fighter. Only thing that needs replay value is vs mode, doesn't matter if the story or other modes are one and done

Wait so... if this is the real leak then we’re getting 9 more DLC, right?

Rain, Mileena and Rambo.
then Havik, Daegon, Takeda, Taven/Shinnok, Quan Chi, Reiko?

I thought the character select screen only had 8 more open slots to make it an even rectangle?

and smoke and sektor are officially out now? I thought sektor and maybe Cyrax were pretty much locked in? And what was the reason people were so sure about smoke?
No, just the part about Rain, Mileena and Rambo is real. The rest is not. Indeed too many characters for the 5 slots left, no guests, Taven w/ Shinnok - just not happening - and only 3D + Takeda so I don't believe it. Nothing is official, but you can safely say Sektor & Cyrax are not coming. Smoke could be tied to three different clues.