What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Again.

He didn't leak Rain, Mileena and Rain right before it was datamined. He leaked them weeks ago, two months tops. He merely re-surfaced lately to re-iterate on his leak.

Trust me, he and I have a history throwing shit at each other.
Cool. Good to point out. Still, watch that Aftermath 2.0 be scrapped according to his words. I'll gladly eat crow in a year :)

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
It's just funny how people are now a full on 180, even though he has been proven to have been wrong. That's all there is to it and I just don't want to get my hopes up for 3d era characters and I'd hate for others to do the same. I know how passionate people are for MK, just like I am indeed. I get why you'd say this, I really do, but I really am not bitter. Just want people to be wary.

P.S. My friend does not believe the story part either. Havik he's mentioned as a possibility before, so I'm hopeful still.
I hear ya man, and I agree that everyone should take all of this stuff with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I do though 100% trust the thiny and his datamines, and I tend to doubt that it’s pure coincidence that a lot of the info appears to fit.

At the end of the day, my main gripe is that NRS/W.B. is so hesitant and slow to reveal planned content and updates to the fan base. I absolutely hate that this game has been completely leaked down to every additional piece of content. I get that leaks suck and companies have a lot of reasons for trickling info at a particular speed, but it seems that after several major reveals are spoiled by leaks, it’d be prudent to get ahead of that and make a splash. Just once.

When the biggest info about your game’s future is regularly made public by leakers and miners, it’s time to shake up the marketing strategy and take control of the messaging. It’s such a hype killer, but we are left with no choice.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Cool. Good to point out. Still, watch that Aftermath 2.0 be scrapped according to his words. I'll gladly eat crow in a year :)
Even if it's scrapped, I doubt it was him talking shit. Going by other leaks who got a few things wrong, I am now seriously debating whether they got things wrong, or plans simply changed.

Let me ask you this: If Ash was never datamined, would you ever believe a 'leaker' who would say some leaks and say at some point 'Ash of Army of Darkness was going to be in the game, but he got scrapped'. We would all say, 'yeah right'. It's the datamine that gave Ash credibility, because it proved that something was up with Ash.

It's mind-boggling when you stop and think how many things change during development that we never get to hear about.

So, even if he goes and says that 3rd dlc story was scrapped, I won't be sure he's backpedalling, but I'll reckon that plans did change.

smoke420

Noob
would be super weird to release a 5 character KP without a woman or a guest in it. He himself said he was not sure if it was her that was axed, and even if the plans remained the same, they'd likely adapt to include a female character, even if it's not Sareena. Glad to know Rain and Mileena are coming though, they're fine.
we shouldnt assume any of the characters genders. takeda could be male by birth, but identify as woman.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
mk11 new storymode is about kitana trying to steal everyones movesets from all timelines
gotta fight against terminator endoskeleton kitana, rambo gun m60 kitana, freddy claw kitana, xenomorph kitana

jade and mileena team up together to stop kitanas evil once and for all and end the pain she's caused so many over the years
Ya know, I always wondered why Kitana keeps getting a new skin every 5 minutes, while everyone else is begging for a shader or two. Maybe now we know--the whole skin release schedule has been setting up Kitana as the metamorphing mastermind who steals everyone else's skins as well as moves...!?

Or maybe some of the umpteen million Kitana skins have actually been secret Mileena skins all along, and will officially switch characters when the secret is revealed. Folks have been playing Mileena all along and didn't know it...?!

Even if it's scrapped, I doubt it was him talking shit. Going by other leaks who got a few things wrong, I am now seriously debating whether they got things wrong, or plans simply changed.

Let me ask you this: If Ash was never datamined, would you ever believe a 'leaker' who would say some leaks and say at some point 'Ash of Army of Darkness was going to be in the game, but he got scrapped'. We would all say, 'yeah right'. It's the datamine that gave Ash credibility, because it proved that something was up with Ash.

It's mind-boggling when you stop and think how many things change during development that we never get to hear about.

So, even if he goes and says that 3rd dlc story was scrapped, I won't be sure he's backpedalling, but I'll reckon that plans did change.
Fair, but other information regarding Aftermath and NRS own statements points to the contrary of there being another part of the story. It just does not add up, not even a little. The story is finished, Boon and company have said so, and it was such a big project, I highly doubt they'd already mapped it out months ago, during covid-19 no less, and then abandon it. These things cost serious money, resources, hiring VAs to do lines again etc etc.

The story is too big to just decide to do a second one, even before waiting how well Aftermath does. That's not WB's nor any studio's MO and the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. This is a good because as much as I want Havik, I have literally zero interest in Taven and Deagon, who does?, Takeda and Quan Chi again over plenty of others.

I hear ya man, and I agree that everyone should take all of this stuff with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I do though 100% trust the thiny and his datamines, and I tend to doubt that it’s pure coincidence that a lot of the info appears to fit.

At the end of the day, my main gripe is that NRS/W.B. is so hesitant and slow to reveal planned content and updates to the fan base. I absolutely hate that this game has been completely leaked down to every additional piece of content. I get that leaks suck and companies have a lot of reasons for trickling info at a particular speed, but it seems that after several major reveals are spoiled by leaks, it’d be prudent to get ahead of that and make a splash. Just once.

When the biggest info about your game’s future is regularly made public by leakers and miners, it’s time to shake up the marketing strategy and take control of the messaging. It’s such a hype killer, but we are left with no choice.
Thethiny explains that they are still working with a structure or code they've been using since MK4 - that is 1996/97!!, so something very old and not that complex! They basically have to put it in when they update the game since pieces of intro and stuff is tied to other characters and it cannot be separated in the way their old ass system works. This is how I understand it based on a few tweets he sent me.

I think NRS is doing fine considering this, but they have to be better at being ahead of the game. With these hints, it was so easy to give us the trailer this month and wait another week with that skin pack. But I am 100% sure this time they've used the datamining purposefully, that is why they made sure the skin pack was released earlier.

Indeed we should be skeptic.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
It has been pointed out and makes too much sense: NRS has embraced datamining and Boon purposefully said september would be good news after the last skin pack was reported coming two weeks earlier. This is the news! A trailer should come soon. This is not a coincidence.
I hope this is true because WB's marketing is terrible

Wait so... if this is the real leak then we’re getting 9 more DLC, right?

Rain, Mileena and Rambo.
then Havik, Daegon, Takeda, Taven/Shinnok, Quan Chi, Reiko?

I thought the character select screen only had 8 more open slots to make it an even rectangle?

and smoke and sektor are officially out now? I thought sektor and maybe Cyrax were pretty much locked in? And what was the reason people were so sure about smoke?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Wait so... if this is the real leak then we’re getting 9 more DLC, right?

Rain, Mileena and Rambo.
then Havik, Daegon, Takeda, Taven/Shinnok, Quan Chi, Reiko?

I thought the character select screen only had 8 more open slots to make it an even rectangle?

and smoke and sektor are officially out now? I thought sektor and maybe Cyrax were pretty much locked in? And what was the reason people were so sure about smoke?
That’s why putting any stock in leaks or data mining is a fool’s errand.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I have nothing but respect for all of you now. This is cocoa for cuckoo puffs and I feel like I'm gonna play the shit out of him. Leatherface in MKXL was completely out of left field, and he was my #1 favorite main by far.

I want to wield The Gun Of Rambo.
I need to feel the power.

Nah, this is exciting.
The two main purple characters.
John fucking Rambo.
Also, my daughter is a diehard Mileena fan/future main, so she is going to fliiiiiiiiiip when she finds out.

But being for real for real

Chaosrealm

We're finally going back

It sounds like Daegon merged the fucking Tempest with Kronika's Crown
I've been waiting 16 years for this
I don't care if the meta gets even more boring and all anyone has that's good is D3 and their back throw KB

I'm ready
I'm fucking forever ready