What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
So what is he claiming now, that the last 5 characters are since mentions more than 5: Havik, Deagon, Taven, Takeda, Reiko, Shinnok & Quan Chi? Also do people really believe there's not a single guest in that last pack? I don't. I think they will finally get Ash or a DC character in case it doesn't work out, so there's 6 guests total.
This is something others have pointed out, and he says that there are 18 DLC characters (DLC0 to DLC17, none being Shao Kahn and Frost). thethiny says there are 42 character slots in the rectangle, but there are 18 DLC character slots in the game files.

It's ... a bit contradictory, but both thethiny and DVDgamescenter have a point.

Would be cool for Mileena fans if she's in obviously. I wish Rain was Ermac, but I'm a palette swap ninja fan in general, so Rain is pretty good.

But Rambo. Man...I don't get it. Who looks at MK11's current roster and thinks "you know what we need? Another gun character."?

One thing I really appreciate if this is true though is it breaks every one of those stupid "rules" that everybody thinks exist:
  • Characters with assists
  • Previous DLC
  • DLC that was on the base roster of the last game
  • A "Shang move" character
  • Mileena despite "already being one of Kitana's variations"
If anything, I'm just excited to not have to hear about "deconfirmations" due to that stuff anymore.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Would be cool for Mileena fans if she's in obviously. I wish Rain was Ermac, but I'm a palette swap ninja fan in general, so Rain is pretty good.

But Rambo. Man...I don't get it. Who looks at MK11's current roster and thinks "you know what we need? Another gun character."?

One thing I really appreciate if this is true though is it breaks every one of those stupid "rules" that everybody thinks exist:
  • Characters with assists
  • Previous DLC
  • DLC that was on the base roster of the last game
  • A "Shang move" character
  • Mileena despite "already being one of Kitana's variations"
If anything, I'm just excited to not have to hear about "deconfirmations" due to that stuff anymore.
I think the real reason they add Rambo is to have an Arnold vs Stallone death match, which is something every kid who grew up in the 80s dreamed of.

Sorry but after reading everything that dvdgamescenter says, I know why I was so hesitant to believe him about that 2nd story and I won't change my stance. A pack with just men, just 3d era characters, Shinnok as an assist - remembered everyone calling bullshit on that one - no guest and Takeda? Right...I'll eat crown gladly in a year, but not holding my breath for this to be true.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I hope Rambo is fucking absurd in this game. Like not even actual Rambo but Paraody Rambo. I want him to have his knife in his mouth at all times, a minigun in one hand and a flaming machete in the other. He has to be completely balls crazy if he's gonna be interesting. Otherwise he's just gonna be Kano with a bow

I think the real reason they add Rambo is to have an Arnold vs Stallone death match, which is something every kid who grew up in the 80s dreamed of.
I get it, and it's a fun idea, it's just that the novelty of that wears off quickly. Once you get tired of that specific matchup, you're left with another character whose identity is "shoot guns". At the end of the day, this is a fantasy horror game about ninjas and magic. I'd buy an action hero themed fighting game, but I don't need Mortal Kombat to be that game.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Sorry but after reading everything that dvdgamescenter says, I know why I was so hesitant to believe him about that 2nd story and I won't change my stance. A pack with just men, just 3d era characters, Shinnok as an assist - remembered everyone calling bullshit on that one - no guest and Takeda? Right...I'll eat crown gladly in a year, but not holding my breath for this to be true.
Did the 2nd KP of MKX had a female character?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Curious to see how they handle Rain and Mileenas moves given there's some overlap with shang, cetrion and Kitana.
well, technically, Kitana has just one move from Mileena classic moveset, the teleport kick .... this move , yep, they will repeat, but I think that for Mileena, will be better implemented, kinda, she will have the special version of it that is that double teleport kick ..... the rest, Mileena will have a different moveset from Kitana, I bet a lot of her MKX special moves will come back ..... specially those from Ethereal and Ravenous variations

Rain will have the super kick, but maybe with some slight difference of the Shang Tsung version .... majority of his MK9 moves probably will come up, with one or 2 differences maybe

Remember that both Sub-Zero and Reptile have pratically the same special move (slide), but thave another special moves to compensate and make them being different enough from each other , so, we can trust that NRS know how to do this well done in the games ....

Remember when Batgirl was announced in Injustice 1 and people was afraid about her being a female clone version of Batman ? Or Zod being a copycat of Superman ? Or Captain Cold could been almost equal as Sub-Zero in Injustice 2? And in the end, NRS make them different enough although they were sharing the same basic element source , hehe

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
What if it's like Terminator and they can only use the old man version from the most recent movie? That would be unfortunate.