What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Coming Soon? Maximilian's Video About MKX's Future DLC

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
This shit is killing me, just announce it already NRS, please!

As for the video, I get where most here are coming from. The video tells us nothing we didn't already know. I personally don't mind it since I like hearing other people's opinions on stuff like that. At least Ed tweeted about it, I guess. That's something.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
Baraka is such an original design I don't know why people hate on him so much. because he's a grunt? Half the cast is. He's an iconic figure to Mk. People have tattoos of him for fucks sake, and people think characters like li mei should be in over him. So he was low tier in mk9 which means he will be again no matter what? Quit hatin, show some respect for your elder fighters

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Why are so many people mad about the video? (@Tim Static good looking bud, long time no see!) I mean yeah we already knew this stuff, but this is a mortal kombat site...this is about mortal kombat lol it makes sense that it would be posted here. This is a good thing, it gives the game exposure, which gets more people to play. That's a good thing. Relax you crazy assholes lol

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I didn't watch the video yet, but I'm definitely convinced Rain, Baraka, and Sindel are in the next kombat pack. the fourth will likely be either a guest character or someone completely out of left field. In all honesty. Those 3 and Tanya sould have been in the game at launch as part of the roster. But it didn't really matter. the game made money and is so far the best selling game of the year. Unless they put them there is a red herring, which I highly doubt considering they have probably just as many fights in story mode as Ferra/torr does then I'm convince they will be in.

as far as them constantly updating like a street fighter. that would be okay I guess. but I think they'd probably be better off releasing like an Ulimate MKX and just throwing in the rest of the roster of Mk9 and for the love of God more backgrounds and using characters that had cameos for the sequel.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
You've seen some people on twitter who knew. Doesn't surprise me one bit. But again, we were talking about casuals and most of the them, again MOST of them, aren't going to be aware of this kind of stuff. People like Max are where they get that kind of stuff. Figure it out, its not hard.

But I'm sure you do have it figured out. You just don't like Maximillian and you want to complain. End of story.

And if you ever watch his stream when he plays MKX you would know there are videos of him decrying the netcode. So again, you just want to complain. But I'm sure you'll pretend like none of this is true.
His stream and his youtube channel are two different things.

And for the record no I don't hate him, I love his Boss Rages. I think when he does content like Assist Me, it's great. Him playing 3S is a blast to see every once in awhile.

Not this clickbait news shlock.

But go ahead and view my "complaint" as just that. A complaint. I'm sorry I don't just dickride people who do things like wait for people to post shit, not give them credit, and then take their news/thoughts that were so obvious...

I mean you do realize you take me for an ignorant fool yeah? Anyway, I'm absolutely done with this conversation because it has zero to do with what I even talked about.

"How is this news" is what the fucking subject was.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
I'm just upset that they keep dicking around and not just flat out letting us know if there IS or IS NOT going to be a KP2. I don't care which characters are in, obviously the most requested one is Fujin, and anyone that denies that fact is an idiot.

The trolling is ridiculous and annoying as fuck. NRS are shooting themselves in the head by not confirming anything and upsetting they're fanbase, casual and hardcore.

They were allowed to be quiet and secretive about things while the game was in development, fine. The game has been released 4 months ago, being the most selling game this year and most successful MK launch in history. Support your fanbase by letting us know YES THERE WILL BE A KOMBAT PACK 2, NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP UNTIL WE HAVE MORE INFO.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Yeah we are talking about STORY characters. The ones that were in the story and weren't in the main cast à la Tanya who btw you could play against just like Sindel but NOT like Sareena
I believe someone from Nrs said they don't decide a character just because they already have a model doesn't make them a shoe-in, a la, Tremor

I'd honestly rather have NRS spend more time polishing the game rather than adding more rough edges. I mean, they spend time making the new DLC characters, and then half the time they're ridiculous and they have to spend even more time fixing them to actually be sane.

There's so many unused variations because they just don't work. I think we'd have more variety if they focused on fixing those.

ErMac333

Noob
People, for the last time, Sindel does NOT have a new model, it's barely a retouch in some textures to her primary MK9 one. If anything else, Rain, Sareena, Frost, Li Mei, Bo'Rai Cho and Baraka are all in front of her progress-wise, if you're gonna talk about what's new about their models.

Now if they decide to release her, knowing NRS standards, they'll do a new "what if" costume for her just like Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu, because as revenants they have no appeal at all, they look like tools and nothing else, quite far from their original selves as kombatants.

And even then, having a 3D model is not any big advantage, it's really tiny actually if you're gonna compare to a new moveset, creative work on moves, animations, which is NOT reused from MK9 for legitimate roster kharacters. So just because we had all these cameos, that doesn't necessarily mean we're having them as DLC because it's "easier" or because Boon said "story pack".

Here's hoping for no other revenant coming back until MKXI, but if Sindel makes it, it's not a waste of slot for me, cause I love her and she would be amazing. BUT I'd rather see lots of kharacters in this game before another MK9 one.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
MKX is the number 1 game right now. Whatever NRS is doing is fine.

I would prefer to remain patient rather than act like a petulant child.

See, Ed. I'm the good one. Now give me my cyborg ninjas!!!

:p

Tim Static

Adminerator
Why are so many people mad about the video? (@Tim Static good looking bud, long time no see!) I mean yeah we already knew this stuff, but this is a mortal kombat site...this is about mortal kombat lol it makes sense that it would be posted here. This is a good thing, it gives the game exposure, which gets more people to play. That's a good thing. Relax you crazy assholes lol
hey Squirt! :p Yes way too long :(

But yea, one of the points of a forum is discussion, Raiden forbid. Geesh.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So you are wasting your time complaining about having wasted your time by waching a 3min vid? Nice!
Nice attempt but still no. The complaining is about the fact the video wasted our time, again we're not psychics so we didn't know the video would be a waste of our time regardless of if it was 3 minutes or 30 minutes. At least read my post before replying to it, jeez.
You guys are seriously salty that Max made some content not tailor made to the hardest core fanbase?

Goddamn that's some entitled bullshit.
Oh of course there are more people completely missing the point. Obviously Max isn't tailoring his content for us, that's not the problem. The problem is that the title insinuates there's some sort of update or new news to do with the Kombat Pack but there is none. Get it yet?
I don't hate him, I love his Boss Rages. I think when he does content like Assist Me, it's great.

Not this clickbait news shlock.

But go ahead and view my "complaint" as just that. A complaint. I'm sorry I don't just dickride people who do things like wait for people to post shit, not give them credit, and then take their news/thoughts that were so obvious...

"How is this news" is what the fucking subject was.
EXACTLY THIS. Anyone who is completely missing the point (which sadly is at least a few of you) look at this post ^