What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Coming Soon? Maximilian's Video About MKX's Future DLC

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yesterday, Maximilian posted a great video about the future DLC of MKX. Even Ed Boon himself even Tweeted it out to all his followers later yesterday as well. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the video below. It's very well done, and definitely worth a watch. Max makes some really good points & the idea about the cyborg ninja is great (one cyborg w/ Ketchup, Mustard and....Soy Sauce...variations haha). I also think personally that the Kombat Pack 2 will include the 3 fightable characters from the MKX Story Mode (Rain, Baraka & Sindel) along with a 4th character, though I think it's another character who was in the story mode as well. And to throw it out there, in my position, I have zero knowledge of any plans NRS has. My guesses are as good as yours, but the story mode 3 is just too easy to pass up. So check out the video & tell us what you think. Is Max right? Does he make sense? I think so. It would be dope to have several packs of DLC, and keep using MKX as a platform à la what Capcom did with Street Fighter 4. Would also make sense to include guest characters that rival the other guest characters (Freddy vs Jason? Alien vs Predator?) But share your thoughts & discuss these ideas.

Attachments

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
There are 3423423 Threads every day in TYM about this but yeah Maximilian got the Front Page .. pfff

Sorry but i don't see anything new or special , or anything that i haven't read before.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

This click bait video parroting back things that almost everyone on this forum has known for weeks isn't exactly news or informative.

• KP2 hasn't been announced yet.
  • If it were to be announced it would logically have to be soon.
  • Some old characters(like Rain, and Sareena, and Li Mei, and etc.) have new models in story mode, so they're more likely than anyone else.
  • Boon and the gang like to say shit that gets people's hopes up whether it means anything or not.
None of these are new or shocking revelations.

If you follow MKX you already know all of this. If you're a casual you're almost certainly not going to give enough of a shit to go to an FGC site like TYM. If you do, then you would have already found all of this information out due to the NUMEROUS post on here about all of it. Posting this video here is pointless.

Last edited:

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
I hope it has 8 characters in KP2. 3 story, 2 guest, 3 fan pics. My guest would be spawn and venom (or terminator idk)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

This click bait video parroting back things that almost everyone on this forum has known for weeks isn't exactly news or informative.

• Boon and the gang like to say shit that gets peoples hopes up whether it means anything or not.

BUT HE THINKS IT'S BARAKA SINDEL AND RAIN I MEAN THIS IS A REVOLUTIONARY OPINION

CAN'T YOU SEE?

HE WANTS THREE CHARACTERS

He's
A
Lad
For
Liking those characters.
I
Find
Even
Characters
Overly
Nauseating,
Four
I
Realise is
My
Earliest
Dream as it would include my boy Fujin.

Kokoko

Somehow
Hey, I was first :(

Another reason to believe in the KP2.

I hope we'll get some info in the near future. And, hey, NRS, I don't think that "Story Pack" is the best idea. We got a lot of characters from MK9 in the latest game. DLC is a great chance to add some characters from MK4-MKA period. Shawn Kittelsen makes a great job with his comic book. Maybe, you can add Reiko and Havik. A lot of people need Fujin, Sareena. One guy from MK9 (Smoke or anybody else), this is enough. And say "No" for guest characters in the KP2. You can sell guest characters separately.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'll take Smoke & Rain from this pack, the rest can piss right off.

I also think it makes no sense to release Sindel or Baraka, they were as popular as Herpes in MK9.

• Some old characters(like Rain, and Sareena, and Li Mei, and etc.) have new models in story mode, so they're more likely than anyone else.
  • Boon and the gang like to say shit that gets peoples hopes up whether it means anything or not.

Some of us haven't been stalking the boon twitter threads. This was actually very useful to me.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Some of us haven't been stalking the boon twitter threads. This was actually very useful to me.
You don't have to stalk Boon's twitter because it is, was, and will always be the same repetitive schlock.

Boon drops a vague message or image that may or not be a hint that may or not mean anything.

The end.

That's it.

That's 90% of Boon's tweets.

That video shares nothing important or worthy to be deemed "news".

Max telling you that Boon mentioned DLC or characters but confirmed absolutely nothing is like him telling you that toilets flush shit, and it means about as much.

Last edited:
I think this was a perfect troll by Boon. What better way to cement your trollness than by tweeting out something Maximilian says, to his hundreds of thousands of fans. It might be true but... I JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE DAMMIT :DOGE

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Yesterday, Maximilian posted a great video about the future DLC of MKX. Even Ed Boon himself even Tweeted it out to all his followers later yesterday as well. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the video below. It's very well done, and definitely worth a watch. Max makes some really good points & the idea about the cyborg ninja is great (one cyborg w/ Ketchup, Mustard and....Soy Sauce...variations haha). I also think personally that the Kombat Pack 2 will include the 3 fightable characters from the MKX Story Mode (Rain, Baraka & Sindel) along with a 4th character, though I think it's another character who was in the story mode as well. And to throw it out there, in my position, I have zero knowledge of any plans NRS has. My guesses are as good as yours, but the story mode 3 is just too easy to pass up. So check out the video & tell us what you think. Is Max right? Does he make sense? I think so. It would be dope to have several packs of DLC, and keep using MKX as a platform à la what Capcom did with Street Fighter 4. Would also make sense to include guest characters that rival the other guest characters (Freddy vs Jason? Alien vs Predator?) But share your thoughts & discuss these ideas.

The idea of KP2 primarily consisting of story mode characters is incredibly unexciting to me for some reason

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
You don't have to stalk Boon's twitter because it is, was, and will always be the same repetitive schlock.

Boon drops a vague message or image that may or not be a hint that may or not mean anything.

The end.

That's it.

That's 90% of Boon's tweets.

That video shares nothing important or worthy to be deemed "news".

Max telling you that Boon mentioned DLC or characters but confirmed absolutely nothing is like him telling you that toilets flush shit, and it means about as much.
Max is good publicity for MKx, that's what matters. Quit being bitches already.

this site is slowly turning into another EHs jesus.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I know you can't be too reasonable if you immediately jump to calling people "bitches" as if you don't make shitty posts yourself, but I'm surprised you don't see the problem with your rebuttal and the entire point of my initial post.

Him being good publicity means absolutely fuck all in this situation, where he is saying things that ANYONE who cares enough about MK to frequent this site already knows.

There isn't a reason for this to be posted on this site, the front page no less, when we have tons of threads about this on here already.

We know all of this already, this video does nothing for us.

This isn't about what he does for people who aren't us, because this is the site we're on and this is where the video was posted.

It's like someone coming on to the news today and telling the entire U.S. that "BARACK OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT" like it were precious new information.

Last edited:
I know you can't be too reasonable if you immediately jump to calling people "bitches" as if you don't make shitty posts yourself, but I'm surprised you don't see the problem with your rebuttal and the entire point of my initial post.

Him being good publicity means absolutely fuck all in this situation, where he is saying things that ANYONE who cares enough about MK to frequent this site already knows.

There isn't a reason for this to be posted on this site, the front page no less, when we have tons of threads about this on here already.

We know all of this already, this video does nothing for us.

This isn't about what he does for people who aren't us, because this is site we're on and this is where the video was posted.

It's like someone coming on to the news today and telling the entire U.S. that "BARACK OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT" like it were precious new information.
You are speaking from a completely egocentric standpoint; you do not represent us all as I have already said in a previous statement. I found this video useful and informative.

Thanks for posting the video Tim, and thanks to Max for making it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Yeah.

Right.

Sure.

Publicity for the best selling game of 2015 so far is what matters guys.

We're being bitches for expecting actual news on the next Kombat Pack instead of regurgitated general knowledge and one person's opinion on what they specifically want and/or expect from said Kombat Pack.

Obviously.
You are speaking from a completely egocentric standpoint; you do not represent us all as I have already said in a previous statement. I found this video useful and informative.

Thanks for posting the video Tim, and thanks to Max for making it.
How? What did you learn from that video that you didn't already know? That KP2 is coming...at some point? That a bunch of characters are potential candidates to be included in the second Kombat Pack?

Last edited: