What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Coming Soon? Maximilian's Video About MKX's Future DLC

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yeah, that is why i have to post that I want Spawn in the game so much. To fight back!
But I don't know if I am in the minority elsewhere, know what I mean? You think if we could poll all MKX players that most would prefer to have 4 MKX lore characters? Or would they prefer 3 and Spawn?

I really don't know.
...but the majority will play him three times, get bodied by guys like us, and go find something else that catches their fancy.

Eff Spawn and his big dumb red cape.

...but the majority will play him three times, get bodied by guys like us, and go find something else that catches their fancy.

Eff Spawn and his big dumb red cape.
Doesn't matter. Casuals = $ and they would pay for Spawn. I doubt he will be in but guest characters sell, there's no debating that. Doesn't matter if they use them once or a million times.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Doesn't matter. Casuals = $ and they would pay for Spawn. I doubt he will be in but guest characters sell, there's no debating that. Doesn't matter if they use them once or a million times.
As much as Mordecai's hoping for him, I'm hoping against him. Spawn is corny, IMO.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
How about we all chill out and think about the timing of these things. I'm not saying that some stuff is going to happen before September, but some stuff is going to happen before September.

E

Eldriken

Isn't this video just more theory crafting? People don't need to be up to speed to speculate what has already been said and thought of since week 1
I'm not arguing this. I'm just saying that there ARE people who don't know about this kind of thing, so it is seen as useful to someone out there. While it's nothing guaranteed, the speculation may catch their interest. That's all I'm saying.

ErMac333

Noob
When Boon tweeted this, I thought I was gonna be witnessing some really interesting opinion there. Turns out it's no more than what casuals have been shouting all over the place since this game was first announced, and not even a Fujin mention? Wow, even he is quite mainstream/popular nowadays, that puts the credibility of this video to -1. If he's gonna talk MKX DLC, being such an influent figure as he is in the fighting game community, I wish he knew better what he's talking about first.

Opposed to Boon, I don't see what's so interesting about this perspective of his, maybe about the multiple packs and using MKX as a base to add kontent nonstop, okay, but these 3 kharacters? Plus, guests? Interesting is the last thing I'd call it. At times like this, I wish someone "educated" in the ~arts~ of MK was actually releasing influent videos, throwing theories and nice stuff, getting people interested for anything else in the MK universe other than MK9.

It is true this is just another opinion in a huge community in which people want different things, but well, at least try to tell something fresh if you're going for "interesting".

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm not arguing this. I'm just saying that there ARE people who don't know about this kind of thing, so it is seen as useful to someone out there. While it's nothing guaranteed, the speculation may catch their interest. That's all I'm saying.
Casuals don't go to FGC sites for news, they go to people like Max's YT channel directly and feed off of machinima and the like. Besides that, anyone who frequents this site(even if a casual happened to fall into one of these places, which is incredibly unlikely because casuals don't care enough to go to a place like this that's primarily focused on legit FGC stuff, which is why they're casual) already knows literally everything he said in that video has been posted or discussed on here and the rest of the MK sites already, well before, so it still wouldn't be news.

This didn't need to be posted or promoted here.

What's the point of having a front page for news if you're going to pad it with meaningless click bait with no new information for the people that come to your site?

This is going to a desert to tell the people that live there it's hot.

Last edited:

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
You really have a poor understanding of how this stuff works. Casuals make up the vast majority. That is what will get viewers. So your remark about how - maybe probably a casual fan #264 didn't know what Max posted - doesn't make any sense does it? A LOT of people don't know about it, in fact probably most. But most of them don't hang out on these forums, so it has given you a warped view where you and other hardcore players are the norm.
I'm on Twitter dude and many knew that who don't even know who Maximillian is. That's not even a joke, but I don't really feel the need to elaborate myself further on Max and was not what my post was about.

And before you tell me about how poor of a understanding I have of casuals. Mind you, I'm saying the term casuals as a joke here: The online still needs to be fixed, that's something a lot of "casuals" and pro players alike have been complaining about.

No Max video about that though.

(Edit: Damn it this was a response to the firstSspawn hater I seen & my phone didn't respond right I guess, but after further reading..I guess this also applies to all of you MK nostalgic "true fans" can hold a brick- Spawn needs to happen in MKX lol...btw I'm a 90's baby, die hard MK fan & die hard spawn fan- to some people this is a dream come true if it happened...) YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH!! Spawn has so much potential in a 3 variation style fighter; especially one with so much gore such as MKX. He could have a necro style that's opposite of reptiles noxious style (meaning he could heal but slowly & not much percent since it's innate), Agony alone could be another stance where he could show how godlike(or devil-like) his creativity is with unique moves that could give him a cape (like injustice batman but both ways?) a shield perhaps, then he could have a style using guns as Al is known to do, especially near the beginning of his demise... This MK made a decision to be darker & more brutal- Spawn is the very definition of that.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not interested don't fucking click on it, that simple.
...and that logic would be applicable were we not interested in the possibility that the video actually "update"s us with new news on the Kombat Pack. But we were interested in that possibility and disappointingly it didn't tell us anything new. Had we known beforehand the video didn't contain any new information then we wouldn't have watched it but we're not psychics so instead your statement is not applicable to this situation and therefore useless. Bravo.
As to Max's video, I liked it and thought it was informative.
See this is what we're not getting, how is this informative? This is just speculation, a combination of ideas, if you wanted ideas there's hundreds of them all over the site. What new information does this actually provide?

- That Rain, Sindel and Baraka are potential candidates for the next Kombat Pack?
Well duh, so are the majority of the cast that aren't on the main roster.
- That they might do one or even two more packs? (Not even a definite, they just...might)
Well duh, it is the most successful game of the year and it would fit with the increasing number of DLC characters that appear per game.
- That the next pack is coming out sometime in the future?
Well duuuuhhhhhh.

If there was new information that I'm missing out on please tell me because I'd like to be proven wrong but right now I'm just not seeing it at all.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
...and that logic would be applicable were we not interested in the possibility that the video actually "update"s us with new news on the Kombat Pack. But we were interested in that possibility and disappointingly it didn't tell us anything new. Had we known beforehand the video didn't contain any new information then we wouldn't have watched it but we're not psychics so instead your statement is not applicable to this situation and therefore useless. Bravo.

See this is what we're not getting, how is this informative? This is just speculation, a combination of ideas, if you wanted ideas there's hundreds of them all over the site. What new information does this actually provide?

- That Rain, Sindel and Baraka are potential candidates for the next Kombat Pack?
Well duh, so are the majority of the cast that aren't on the main roster.
- That they might do one or even two more packs? (Not even a definite, they just...might)
Well duh, it is the most successful game of the year and it would fit with the increasing number of DLC characters that appear per game.
- That the next pack is coming out sometime in the future?
Well duuuuhhhhhh.

If there was new information that I'm missing out on please tell me because I'd like to be proven wrong but right now I'm just not seeing it at all.
So you are wasting your time complaining about having wasted your time by waching a 3min vid? Nice!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
People just hate anytime max does a video lol

Seriously tho, he has his own fanbase and some of them probably don't follow MKX and potentially kombat pack 2 news as much as us here at TYM. For them, this was their first time probably hearing anything about it.