What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Coming Soon? Maximilian's Video About MKX's Future DLC

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
People, for the last time, Sindel does NOT have a new model, it's barely a retouch in some textures to her primary MK9 one. If anything else, Rain, Sareena, Frost, Li Mei, Bo'Rai Cho and Baraka are all in front of her progress-wise, if you're gonna talk about what's new about their models.

Now if they decide to release her, knowing NRS standards, they'll do a new "what if" costume for her just like Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu, because as revenants they have no appeal at all, they look like tools and nothing else, quite far from their original selves as kombatants.

And even then, having a 3D model is not any big advantage, it's really tiny actually if you're gonna compare to a new moveset, creative work on moves, animations, which is NOT reused from MK9 for legitimate roster kharacters. So just because we had all these cameos, that doesn't necessarily mean we're having them as DLC because it's "easier" or because Boon said "story pack".

Here's hoping for no other revenant coming back until MKXI, but if Sindel makes it, it's not a waste of slot for me, cause I love her and she would be amazing. BUT I'd rather see lots of kharacters in this game before another MK9 one.
it is definitely a new model. there are embossed textures that would have had to have been modeled on the costume that could not be simply a texture that are not included on either of her mk9 counterparts. I do look for them to make modifications to her head though. but the markings indicate to me that they could change color depending on variation. it's much more clear in this video. she also has fatality specific screams. Erron Black even has a bullet with her name on it.

similar to mk9 yes...but not the same. they definitely spent time on her.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
As I said in the Twitter thread:
I watched the video and it's interesting. I think Ed's tweets have pointed to they will release another KP but I don't know if it would be smart to release just Story mode characters. Don't get me wrong, I would love a playable Rain, Sindel and Baraka but I think it would be a better idea to release that pack just before an ULTIMATE MKX is announced so (optimistically) at least the third KP pack. KP2 should definitely include Fujin. It would be offensive if he wasn't in it. Throw Sareena a bone too considering people apparently love her so much. Then two other characters from MK4-Armageddon (hopefully Kai and Havik).

Also, why does the guy think DLC characters are "free money"? They still need to pay people to flesh them out as viable player characters.
I just hope KP2 is good. No Li Mei, Frost or Bo' Rai Cho. If those three get in, I will definitely not be wasting my money on it.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Nice attempt but still no. The complaining is about the fact the video wasted our time, again we're not psychics so we didn't know the video would be a waste of our time regardless of if it was 3 minutes or 30 minutes. At least read my post before replying to it, jeez.

Oh of course there are more people completely missing the point. Obviously Max isn't tailoring his content for us, that's not the problem. The problem is that the title insinuates there's some sort of update or new news to do with the Kombat Pack but there is none. Get it yet?

EXACTLY THIS. Anyone who is completely missing the point (which sadly is at least a few of you) look at this post ^
Yup we're Eventhubs now.

MORDECA1

Noob
His stream and his youtube channel are two different things.

And for the record no I don't hate him, I love his Boss Rages. I think when he does content like Assist Me, it's great. Him playing 3S is a blast to see every once in awhile.

Not this clickbait news shlock.

But go ahead and view my "complaint" as just that. A complaint. I'm sorry I don't just dickride people who do things like wait for people to post shit, not give them credit, and then take their news/thoughts that were so obvious...

I mean you do realize you take me for an ignorant fool yeah? Anyway, I'm absolutely done with this conversation because it has zero to do with what I even talked about.

"How is this news" is what the fucking subject was.
Find where I said ANYTHING about twitch and youtube being the same. That has nothing to do with anything lol. You said he made "no video" about the netcode, I said that was false. Plain and simple. Maximillian made a video for casuals. Casuals are the majority. End of story. Its just something you have to deal with. You are clearly very jealous of Maximillian.

MORDECA1

Noob
Nice attempt but still no. The complaining is about the fact the video wasted our time, again we're not psychics so we didn't know the video would be a waste of our time regardless of if it was 3 minutes or 30 minutes. At least read my post before replying to it, jeez.

Oh of course there are more people completely missing the point. Obviously Max isn't tailoring his content for us, that's not the problem. The problem is that the title insinuates there's some sort of update or new news to do with the Kombat Pack but there is none. Get it yet?

EXACTLY THIS. Anyone who is completely missing the point (which sadly is at least a few of you) look at this post ^
Ed Boon tweeted Maximillian's video. If you don't think that is interestiing enough to get a single thread on the forums, you have a poor understanding of the community.

Exactly that. You have completely missed the point.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ed Boon tweeted Maximillian's video. If you don't think that is interestiing enough to get a single thread on the forums, you have a poor understanding of the community.

Exactly that. You have completely missed the point.
That is not what this thread is about at all though, this is about Max's video. The OP just happens to mention Ed tweeted it out, and anything Ed tweets out is covered in the Twitter watch thread anyway. So what's your point?

Because you've certainly missed the actual point...again...which is that this provides no new information.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
ED tweeted several stuff mention ALIEN , maybe ALIEN have some chance in the next KP2 , but ed is an natural Born troll , so don't go crazy

Noob
ED tweeted several stuff mention ALIEN , maybe ALIEN have some chance in the next KP2 , but ed is an natural Born troll , so don't go crazy
Hes been tweeting out stuff from Alien because of the new Movie, probably not related to anything DLC, hes just a really big fan of Alien and Predator like it he mentioned it in the past. so yeah =S probably not DLC related, Tho an alien would be quite cool XD Huge alien fan here

TamedLizard

Buff George
Just...please don't NRS. Make KP2 a bit more exciting than Sindel, Baraka, and Rain. I understand it's the easiest route to take, but after all the times members of the company have mentioned that they're always trying to so things bigger, better, and outdo themselves, this would really be a letdown.

I'd be alright with Rain, and maybe even Baraka, but I'd still prefer some fresh faces if given the choice.

Reiko, Bo' Rai Cho, Ashrah, Havik, Hotaru, Nitara. For classics, I'd gladly accept Smoke, Noob, Shang Tsung, or Cyrax.

And I swear, if Fujin is ignored once again, the disappointment will be worse than when I found out that Santa wasn't real. :(

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Just...please don't NRS. Make KP2 a bit more exciting than Sindel, Baraka, and Rain. I understand it's the easiest route to take, but after all the times members of the company have mentioned that they're always trying to so things bigger, better, and outdo themselves, this would really be a letdown.

I'd be alright with Rain, and maybe even Baraka, but I'd still prefer some fresh faces if given the choice.

Reiko, Bo' Rai Cho, Ashrah, Havik, Hotaru, Nitara. For classics, I'd gladly accept Smoke, Noob, Shang Tsung, or Cyrax.

And I swear, if Fujin is ignored once again, the disappointment will be worse than when I found out that Santa wasn't real. :(
Wait, ... Santa's not real?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Hes been tweeting out stuff from Alien because of the new Movie, probably not related to anything DLC, hes just a really big fan of Alien and Predator like it he mentioned it in the past. so yeah =S probably not DLC related, Tho an alien would be quite cool XD Huge alien fan here
Judging by how things are coming along, the Xenomorph will be a guest character in MKXI.