What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

trufenix

bye felicia
@16 Bit
Can you explain this further?
It seems absurd that someone a rank below me gets 5 more points for losing 2-0. I'm hoping we are wrong because a system like that rewards participants not skill or hard work. It should be an elo system 1:1 ratio. If I lose I lose 10 points if I win I gain 10 points.

Also will there be an option down the road to select:
FT2
FT3
FT5
So we can all get what we want from ranked modes and is it possible to filter out WiFi players. Rollback only supports 10f latency so if the connection is not solid and flucuates that's where lag becomes a problem.
Thank you Stephanie for all that you have done
People are already complaining about not wanting to compete because they'll drown, if you make it one to one its going to be sharks only.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Nope, I spoke too soon. On my 10th match, and was 8-1. So up and this guy disconnected during the final combo. Go back to next match and I'm 8-2. It gave ME the loss for HIM quitting last minute. Now I don't know what to think.
Do you know if the game said "Game session not available" or "Opponent left the game"? I had a top 25 Kano player on Xbox do that to me twice even after trash talking on the mic, and I got the loss on ranked because it said "Game session not available". Not sure what technique they're using to grant them a disconnect win, but that's extremely concerning if that's the case for high ranks.

In my opinion, I think once we reach Grandmaster or at least Demi God, there should not be an option to play anyone underneath. Especially if this glitch is going on.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I am not sure if this was brought up already but once you climb to Champion, you start losing points. I just won against a Champion as a Kombatant, and he lose -17 points while I gained +90 points.
Good to know, how many points does it take once you get to Champion to Rank up to the next one?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do you know if the game said "Game session not available" or "Opponent left the game"? I had a top 25 Kano player on Xbox do that to me twice even after trash talking on the mic, and I go the loss on ranked because it said "Game session not available". Not sure what technique they're using to grant them a disconnect win, but that's extremely concerning if that's the case for high ranks.

In my opinion, I think once we reach Grandmaster or at least Demi God, there should not be an option to play anyone underneath. Especially if this glitch is going on.
Yea that's what it said, "Game session not available". Then I just went to next opponent, and had a loss. I didn't play ranked before so I'm not sure if this is an ongoing issue, but it definitely just happened that way. Couldn't believe it.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
so to summ it up you are forced to play in the new ranked mode against wifi players with 150ping and up + yellow rated pc´s. thx netherrealm and @16 Bit
applause to how it shouldn't work...how about you guys start to play your own games then you wouldnt let that shit slide. nearly every half decent fighting game has a matchmaking filter yet a company with 10m mkx units sold gives a fuck about it?

why? you do so much stuff for your game but cant implement a simple region or ping filter...
there is a reason the majority of people stick to casual matches and thats not because they are casuals but because you can decline there all the shit connections. so for gods sake get your shit together and improve that aspekt of your games...its about time..

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So it looks like this might just be a wrapper on the Elo math. If that's the case, don't worry. Gaining points even on a loss early in Elo is perfectly normal, it's how you float to the general area of how you're supposed to be ranked. Elo becomes more accurate the more matches you play.

Also @B. Shazzy it's also normal that you'll gain less points than your opponent if you're highly favored to win the match. So what you saw might just be the math correcting itself.

@16 Bit
Can you explain this further?
It seems absurd that someone a rank below me gets 5 more points for losing 2-0. I'm hoping we are wrong because a system like that rewards participants not skill or hard work. It should be an elo system 1:1 ratio. If I lose I lose 10 points if I win I gain 10 points.

It would be absurd to be gaining the same number of points for a win and loss no matter the opponent. Kombatant winning against an Apprentice should absolutely not be getting the same number of points as if winning against a Champion, that just makes no sense. Same with losing.

The only reason people are getting more points for a loss than the other guy for a win right now is because everyone is the low ranks where you actually gain points even for a loss. But once you get out of the low tiers, you start losing points on a loss.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
jesus that shit is infuriating...exactly the reason i didnt played ranked after a few sets. wakeeup roll? nope, fuck you. connection is so shit that it doesnt come out. deal with it.....fuck this shit system..seriously. you guys have to be def to not do anything against that nonsense...

hey we have a kombat league with ranks but casual set is the better mode to play for serious people who care about good connections..applause..

Last edited:

Ayx

Omnipresent
Holy cow. This League is bringing out the best. I'm actually losing A LOT even though 8/10 losses are against Scorpion (Gonna need to learn a counterpick ASAP). I thought about just giving up because I was just getting whopped, I check the leader boards and a LOT of people are getting similar records even former top 25 leaderboard players for rank. I'm sure down the line once the top players move on to top ranks, some people will create smurf accounts to get artificial good records but if you don't care about record this is an amazing learning experience so far. I'm glad everyone is giving 110%.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
2 questions:
  1. If somebody quits do I still get the points?
  2. Wtf is a ranked daily challenge?
  1. yes u still get the points because if the opponent quits it counts as a win for u
  2. It's the daily challenge that is on the right side of the online menu next to kombat league. It should be just above all the other challenges on the right side of online menu

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
2 questions:
  1. If somebody quits do I still get the points?
  2. Wtf is a ranked daily challenge?
  1. yes u still get the points because if the opponent quits it counts as a win for u
  2. It's the daily challenge that is on the right side of the online menu next to kombat league. It should be just above all the other challenges on the right side of online menu

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Ok thanks. So I only have one day to get that scorpion skin? Or complete all 5 in a day?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I'm being macth up with a lot of laggy players on WiFi and can't decline them at all. Very disappointed about that.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I hope It goes by win loss ratio instead of you level I Kinda feel that would be way more accurate
The competition is pretty tuff, wins/loses would be a difficult climb if you fall too far down.
so to summ it up you are forced to play in the new ranked mode against wifi players with 150ping and up + yellow rated pc´s. thx netherrealm and @16 Bit
applause to how it shouldn't work...how about you guys start to play your own games then you wouldnt let that shit slide. nearly every half decent fighting game has a matchmaking filter yet a company with 10m mkx units sold gives a fuck about it?

why? you do so much stuff for your game but cant implement a simple region or ping filter...
there is a reason the majority of people stick to casual matches and thats not because they are casuals but because you can decline there all the shit connections. so for gods sake get your shit together and improve that aspekt of your games...its about time..
Thank you! Well said and very disappointing for a company who is trying to be seen as a respectful fighting game company. No one should be forced to play a game of +160 wifi user and bet your points. There need to be a decline button or filter. This should be a standard in today market. It's 2019 and NRS are still lagging behind Capcom.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
So for the Skins, do you have to reach the highest "Tier" for that Skin (so for Kitana you need Warrior) or is the first "Tier" enough to get the Skin?

Highest tier, one under warrior rn and no kitana skin for me.
I'm not 100% sure, but the way the layout looks (at least to me), players with their highest rank in Warrior, Kombatant or Apprentice will get the Kitana skin.

If by "no kitana skin for me" you mean it hasn't unlocked for you, I'm guessing you'll receive all earned seasonal rewards at the end of the season.

Again, I'm not 100% on it and an official answer would be nice, but if it works the way you're thinking, only Elder God tier members would get the Erron Black skin.

Holy cow. This League is bringing out the best. I'm actually losing A LOT even though 8/10 losses are against Scorpion (Gonna need to learn a counterpick ASAP). I thought about just giving up because I was just getting whopped, I check the leader boards and a LOT of people are getting similar records even former top 25 leaderboard players for rank. I'm sure down the line once the top players move on to top ranks, some people will create smurf accounts to get artificial good records but if you don't care about record this is an amazing learning experience so far. I'm glad everyone is giving 110%.
I agree that the matches are very close, but at the same time the best of 3 just create a lot of panic and rush downs. I don't know, i am liking the KL so far but it's too early to judge. For sure, it's a grind fest and why are quests in it, i am not gonna play 5 games with a character that i don't know in this mode.. nonsense. And then you force me to play a 160 ping match. I am starting to doubt that the amount of people playing ranked is consinstently good.